We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Gauging interest in Draigoch PUG

I'll be happy to go if you need a Captain spot filled.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/t5HErlV.jpg[/img]
    Dairren R9 Captain

@ Ai

Lore-master traiting is a very important concept in most raids, this just doesn't happen to be one of them. There's nothing inherently wrong with a Lore-master serving a pure DPS role in Draigoch, or alternatively serving a pure debuff role as your trait listing suggests, or somewhere in between(though Blue line is full of fail :P). I've never actually seen one of our LMs draw power during the fight, because LMs have ridiculously high OCPR and a large base power pool, and there's only a couple classes(namely Burglar or DPS Guardian) that may be strapped for power throughout.

That being said, LMs have never been a top tier DPS class and thus can't justify being brought for DPS alone. More important than how you trait is simply throwing support here and there(an off-heal to a near death party member, a rez out of combat, throwing power to a high DPS, putting fire lore and see all ends up when a claw is wrecking people, etc), and then spending the rest of the time contributing DPS. LMs have to do this in every fight, in the Draig fight it happens to be more DPS and occasional support, where most fights it's a lot of support and DPS when everything else is done.

A few notes I will make. There's no tac damage, both Frost Lore and Wind Lore won't do anything. The fire debuff from tar isn't worth it versus a base damage increase from something like Flame of Anor unless you have a lot of Fire RKs and Hunters with oil or something. Also we generally don't deploy pets since they've caused targeting bugs in the past, this is part superstition but they're not game changers by any means, so I'd go with Ents for third legendary and use it for body DPS.

Or you could do what Banoon does and run in and out of the top floor using Blinding Flash on Draigoch's Head and saying it keeps getting resisted.
    Last edited by Jacbo; Dec 07 2011 at 06:17 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

Lol I bet I could mez his head =P But seriously thanks for the advice, it's been really helpful. Kinda disappointed there's no CC or that much support is needed for the raid cause I kinda like fulfilling said roles. Lol a lm who enjoys to do CC and support? That's kinda like a rk who likes to heal =P Lol but thanks again for all the advice. I think I have an idea of how I'm gonna trait for this now ^_^
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000005d573/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=#C35817]"What separates a man from a slave? Money? Power? No. A man chooses, a slave obeys"[/color]
    [u][b]Alts[/b][/u]
    [i][color=#FFFF00]Chouhi - Champion[/color]
    [color=#D4A017]Caleph - Warden[/color]
    [color=#7E0517]Roarz - Warg[/color][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuk View Post
    Lol I bet I could mez his head =P But seriously thanks for the advice, it's been really helpful. Kinda disappointed there's no CC or that much support is needed for the raid cause I kinda like fulfilling said roles. Lol a lm who enjoys to do CC and support? That's kinda like a rk who likes to heal =P Lol but thanks again for all the advice. I think I have an idea of how I'm gonna trait for this now ^_^
    And LM is definitely no slouch in Draigoch, IMO. Power feeds, in-combat rez's and off-heals are never a turn-down in my eyes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Guess I have to withdraw cause i'm in ainur now...

BTW. This is my healing quickslot formation. dont start sayng things about inefficiency for dps.
    Last edited by Hiding; Dec 08 2011 at 09:38 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000007fc3f/signature.png]Healzrus[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jacbo View Post
    Or you could do what Banoon does and run in and out of the top floor using Blinding Flash on Draigoch's Head and saying it keeps getting resisted.
    lololol i did not just run in and out... i /groundroll my way up
    Banoon LM
    Here WL (my r5 ranking blow is a DG quest muahahaha)

Forgive me if I missed this, only just found the thread tonight as am not a huge forum visitor and when I do usually by serach function :P

Are you guys full? Been hoping to find a raid group for the Draigoch raid, preferably with least one or two I know in it as this one seems to be.

Character name is Odalin, Champion. and from the Knights of Middle earth kinship

Haven't done the raid yet. I do only have 3 of the 4 Armour pieces but should have the 4th soon, before the weekend if I can get into raid or two as well my daily lib/school run. Although know your looking looking for people who can lead pugs later, I'm not generally comfortable as a lead person though I do offer input if have any. So if not have any room for me can understand but hoping will be able to join or someone will invite me to a raid they lead out later.

Thanks and if do invite just send me a tell with enough time to prepare before hand (retrait and make sure have everything together if need to) Generally tank traited when not in a dps role so would need time to retrait for sure.

Also is this 7-9 pm? I'm not generally up and awake at 7-9am so I hope is in pm :P

id be interested in going on my champion 75 with 4/6 of the dragon armor and pvp shoulders
    havent cleared the raid yet
    (Iarallag) i can go on my guard if need be got 4/6 of the armor as well
    Last edited by sam1d2g58; Dec 09 2011 at 07:10 PM.

Draigoch is a really sweet run for a champion, I recommend when you get into phase 3 and you complete the challenge to wait for a good moment, pop heroics, CB and whatever else you have, use a 2 hander of course, pop a fervour potion for that delicious 25% dev mag and turn on combat logging and seeking into remorseless (if you do it right and have full buffs and Draigoch has full debuffs you should be hitting 20k+ in one go if you get that magic devestate - if you can time it with oathies or something you get bonus points.

Other than that just faceroll improved rend, brutal+clobber and seeking+remorseless as much as you can - trust me you will feel like a badass and at the end of the party you should have dished out well in excess of 2 million damage.

Given how many people are interested in this, and how far I made it with a raid of six kinmates and 6 pug players I will be withdrawing myself, as tomorrow a group of mostly my kin will almost certainly be able to win it, but only if I am there to heal. This will also allow for more new knowledge to be spread, as I feel confident that I now know the raid well enough that I will not gain as much as some of the others interested. Beyond that, it will make choosing who won't be coming just a little bit easier. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and best of luck with the run tomorrow.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000aada9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Draigoch run took place today at around 8:30 EST, happily we cleared it on the first try with a total time in raid of under two hours. Thanks to the following people who participated in the PUG, 8 PUG: Ai, Jimli, Anessen, Lunelleth, Iarallag, Odalin, Glorne, and Stocky; 4 Kin: Bilwise, Erlilda, Alphbork, and Elthorik; and any who were around and available.

I don't currently have plans to organize another run in the near future, since Update 5 launches Monday so we'll be grinding the Isen raid, and SWTOR comes out Tuesday and Ainur will have a presence there. Hopefully those who came have learned enough that they can pass that information on to their kins and other PUGs. I'm available in-game if anyone has questions about the raid, and Ainur Officers should be equally able to provide information.

One last thing to keep in mind is Monday the raid is supposed to change a little, mostly bug fixes and I believe a total morale reduction on Draigoch. Functionally it should be the same (I hope).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

Smile Re: Gauging interest in Draigoch PUG

grats guys!
    Alohire 85 Rk R7 - Elowir 75 Warden - Alowir 75 captain
    Rilowe R8 warg - Anorel R6 Spider

grats everyone!
    VILYA: Capitao-1 r12 Captain | Dwalfin r6 Minstrel | Wuulff r8 Warg | Kruusher r11 Reaver | Creepitao r7 WL

BIG thanks to Jacbo for organizing this PUG! I'm not sure how many times you guys have ran this thing, but you have it down! Went as smoothly as it could have and we finished it! ;-)

I certainly learned a lot but think I will need to run it at least one more time before I would even consider leading one myself. I was too busy trying to follow the leader to fully take in every detail of the raid itself. Plan to try again soon.

Thanks again! It was a blast!

Yes, big thanks to you Jacbo!

And Glorne - maybe we can get together some of the people who ran last night, fill in the empty spots, and try to figure it out together before trying to lead a newer group.
    Mains - Sampaguita 100 hobbit mini & Meggie - 100 captain. Army of alts: Lunelleth - 91 hunter/Cwenhild - 62 champ/Euraweth - 58 LM/Eadolwyn - 53 warden/Cinnamum - 30 burg/Ajuga - 26 guard/Idhreneth - 24 RK/Samieth - 6 beorning and Solveij the Pacifist (til she gets drunk) - 71 RK.

Quote Originally Posted by LoraE View Post
    Yes, big thanks to you Jacbo!

And Glorne - maybe we can get together some of the people who ran last night, fill in the empty spots, and try to figure it out together before trying to lead a newer group.
    That sounds like a lovely plan! I know I have a few in the kin that would love to run it, as I'm sure most of the rest of you do as well. Shouldn't be hard filling the spots.

Congrats on the 1st-try clear! I look forward to hearing about the successful pugs you all run in the future !
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000076a07/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Doomsidoo - R5 defiler. DD
    Myfriend - R4 reaver. Ridder

If there is another PUG, I would like in as well. I have yet to venture there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000000179e/signature.png]Wotan[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mithriael1 View Post
    If there is another PUG, I would like in as well. I have yet to venture there.
    Had you in mind when posting that. ;-) Sorry we couldn't get you in on the run Saturday. As you can see by the post, there was a lot of interest.

Now that we have been schooled, and with a few more runs, I think many of the kins will be able to run this smoothly.

Meant to post this sooner. wanted to say that the raid was pretty awesome and thank everyone who was in it and ran it. Ended up taking a picture afterwards of the dragon's head and putting it on my desktop. Kinda wish could gotten teh whole group in it even if we all came from different kins it was an awesome experience and it went pretty well even if some us were a little slow catching up (mostly me) thanks for the patience in there as well lol

Spoke to stocky the day after and was able to get him hooked with one the officers in my kin and believe theirs plans in the work for another raid.

Have say it was a lot going on in the first one and it went well. personally would like to see another one just because there is probably a lot I also missed when focusing on keeping up with everyone and working with the group.

Not to mention slaying a huge dragon is just plain awesome

I know that people have already said this, but thanks Jacbo for setting this up! I had a blast doing it and gained some experience (and good loot) from my first real and successful raid. From what I've seen from in game and here on the forums, it seems people are becoming more willing to try something new with a bunch of random people they just met. Thanks again, and hope to see those who were in the raid with me in other instances
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000005d573/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=#C35817]"What separates a man from a slave? Money? Power? No. A man chooses, a slave obeys"[/color]
    [u][b]Alts[/b][/u]
    [i][color=#FFFF00]Chouhi - Champion[/color]
    [color=#D4A017]Caleph - Warden[/color]
    [color=#7E0517]Roarz - Warg[/color][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuk View Post
    it seems people are becoming more willing to try something new with a bunch of random people they just met.
    this is misleading hahahaha
    Banoon LM
    Here WL (my r5 ranking blow is a DG quest muahahaha)

Just curious ... has anyone from this PUG ran one of their own yet? I have not, but would still be interested in getting a few from this previous one and running it again with some from our kins.

My kin still does not have enough lvl 75's to have a kin only run.

Maybe we can set up a time?

I think there are more frequent PUGs now, for sure. That is to say, I've been in three more successful ones and led DPS for one of those (none of which have wiped ). I know Toa/Johnney's been semi-pugging it weekly with a few from other kins including mine, and there are more groups besides that. I'll make sure to look for you online when pugging it with an open spot the future, Glorne, and give you a heads-up if I'm able. For now I've just been doing it when opportunity knocks (no regular schedule).

I will go on PUGs if I am around, anything to get my hands on that juicey chain.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast