We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Gauging interest in Draigoch PUG

Ok, turns out I'm not available tomorrow night. Wife reminded me we have a hockey game to attend. ;-) Will try to make myself available for next Sunday night though since I'd really like to run this thing!

Regardless if I make it, great idea you have here and thanks for giving it a try! Hopefully it works out!!

Loremaster at your service! Lol dunno if there's much I can do, but I'll gladly debuff and be your battery
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000005d573/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=#C35817]"What separates a man from a slave? Money? Power? No. A man chooses, a slave obeys"[/color]
    [u][b]Alts[/b][/u]
    [i][color=#FFFF00]Chouhi - Champion[/color]
    [color=#D4A017]Caleph - Warden[/color]
    [color=#7E0517]Roarz - Warg[/color][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuk View Post
    Loremaster at your service! Lol dunno if there's much I can do, but I'll gladly debuff and be your battery
    just debuff and if you somehow forgot to debuff and everyone are pissed at you just tell them firelore got resisted or miss, or tell them to mind their own business rofl

if you really need to go for a smoking break or bio or you need to do a quick quickie or who knows really, just power drain and you have 30s if 30s is not enough, use call to valar and you have another 30s if 1min is not enough just pretend you lag (works for me everytime lol and start cursing your ISP)

after you've done the instance don't forget to boast about how you single-handedly reduce draigoch's dps, boast boast and boast, this way it convinces people around you rofl...

works for me everytime hahahahahaha
    Banoon LM
    Here WL (my r5 ranking blow is a DG quest muahahaha)

I would love to go on Stocky -- 75 RK Officer in the Kindred

I would be interested in going as well... Have run the raid severals times, both as back up heal to tank group and dps/heals in dps group but have yet to succeed beyond the beginning of phase 3....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000006edfa/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

+rep to Jacobo and Ainur for putting this together. Hopefully the experience gained will help people in their own future pug runs or help jumpstart their kins into running their own on a regular basis.
    ---
    Nine lvl 85's, and people only want to run GB's...

Smile Re: Gauging interest in Draigoch PUG

Very kind of Ainur to help with this, +rep to all helping. It's a very frustrating fight as there are no stages of completion and one little slip or getting skills bugged can ruin it at any time.

Marvi^^ is an awesome healer and needs some nice new gear too - or help in /rolling high :P

I would be very interested too, though I am on GMT so maybe not online when you might run it. I can do dps/conj group healing ok, but my tank healing is too risky as for some reason I can't always 100% escape the inferno when he moves and it's awful to cause a wipe an hour in. I have a lot of kin mates who would like to get the raid done as well, and some are on US times.

Personally I've spent around 12 hours on this and finally made it to 10th conjunction and the start of phase 2 last last night. I've met some great people in our pug efforts so I'm sure you will get some good people in to train up.

Good luck all!
    Last edited by Astarielle; Dec 04 2011 at 06:51 AM. Reason: typo
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000006e7d1/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I do, in fact, need new gear to be comparable to some or most of you, currently sitting at ~5.3k morale, and only about 14k outgoing healing, and can swap a bracelet to push me up to ~6k, but I don't really have any other alternate gear, and swapping that bracelet makes me lose more will than I am currently willing to lose. I am terrible at PvP, even if I wasn't the first thing creeps go for, so PvP gear isn't really an option to increase my morale either. I am also still working on my relics and LIs in general, and finally got my first worn symbol (and my first 75 SA LI, which was also the first decent satchel I've been able to get for healing) yesterday. With a tank who knows the tells, I can easily heal the tank, and, in the event that all of the DPS group's rezzes are either down or are on a cd, can also rez one of the healers, I can consistently rez someone rez-capable, and still get to the tank before (s)he falls, even a particularly poor roller like Kraumur .
    Very little about the fight itself seems particularly gear-dependant, and I would actually go so far as to say that as long as everyone has <5k morale and reasonable amount of skill, there should not be any problems. While having the 4 pieces of the raid set on everyone would certainly help, it is probably only truly necessary for the DPS group healers and the main tank. For the DPS it would only make the fight faster, and for some roles it doesn't seem like it would make any difference, and might actually hurt any tank classes in the DPS group. I think crafted armor would be about the minimum I would want to bring in, but morale seems to be more important than stacking one's primary stat.
    I will say that while either healer class can probably heal the tank, the HoTs from a rk would allow greater room for error and lag (I was healing the main tank successfully with latency ranging from 1500 to 2000 ms at one point yesterday; thank you mending verse ). The healer's ability to react seems MUCH more important than anything else. To this end I highly recommend anyone who is healing the tank get the combat analysis plugin. I was using it last night purely out of boredom (healing the main tank is painfully easy, it's running from the fire that is harder), and I found that the combat timer that it has was an absolutely amazing way to tell when combat had ended (and therefore when to run to the tank), and it showed that the combat cycles for the first phase always last between 1m 10s and 1m 15s. Knowing this allowed me to safely leave the tank and rez a fallen healer multiple times yesterday, with enough time left to return to the tank before he died.
    To the DPS group in general (but especially the healers), having less than 5k morale is definitely a very bad idea, and I would say to aim for at least 6k (based on my observations, not what has been said here). The healers especially need to aim higher; I do just fine with my 5.4k, so lower is possible, though it can be VERY difficult. Also...when someone says you need to be closer to the group, GET THERE!! Your healer will usually be the first to die from the extra damage, and if the healers die because you were too far away from the group, 90% of the time the run is a wipe.
    @Asta, you weren't too bad yourself, and your kin in general is entertaining enough to keep a run going LONG after most people would have quit (remembering that first 7 hour run that I was a part of, and the 5 hours the next day). The only reason we wiped at that point was that neither me or the tank knew exactly what to look for at the second stage, both us hesitated, and we couldn't outrun the flames (we both know the tell now).
    I would love to hear from someone who has successfully completed this as to whether my observations hold true for the third stage, if I am doing something completely wrong, or anything else anyone would like to add. For those dreading reading this wall, sorry...it's a habit I am having a hard time breaking. Plus, I am only trying to make myself even better, and thinking things thoroughly and having errors corrected is the best way I've found to do that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000aada9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by jaridweese View Post
    Very little about the fight itself seems particularly gear-dependant, and I would actually go so far as to say that as long as everyone has <5k morale and reasonable amount of skill, there should not be any problems. While having the 4 pieces of the raid set on everyone would certainly help, it is probably only truly necessary for the DPS group healers and the main tank.
    I powerleveled my champ and ran Draigoch right when I hit 75 with all quest gear and a level 53 third age weapon. Got the Worn Symbol from the deed and my dps literally tripled with the new sword . Not intending to brag, just pointing out that Marvi is correct, coordination and teamwork will ALWAYS outshine gear.

Draigoch Golden Rules:

Tank/Healer: pay attention. It's very easy to zone out up there, but you have to be ready to move the second combat drops.

DPS group: stay on the sun (typical target marking for whomever the group is following). If, for any reason, you're not on the sun, you're doing it wrong.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000cbe74/signature.png]Porken[/charsig]
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

Well, I might be finally free of my job after the owner saw how bad it hurts for me to work my shift once my pain relievers wear off (YAY 2-4 Hydrocodone a day just to walk!).

Also, my health now sits at 5.5k because of contributions from an anonymous player of unknown origins.

With that said, I am also required by said player to include the following message: "I hate ainur".

THank you that is all.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000007fc3f/signature.png]Healzrus[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Hiding View Post
    Well, I might be finally free of my job after the owner saw how bad it hurts for me to work my shift once my pain relievers wear off (YAY 2-4 Hydrocodone a day just to walk!).

Also, my health now sits at 5.5k because of contributions from an anonymous player of unknown origins.

With that said, I am also required by said player to include the following message: "I hate ainur".

THank you that is all.
    lolol. Im sure the unsaid player appreciates that you relayed that message :P

I did some stalking and wanted to ask where you are in Theodred rep. Noticed you dont have any bracelets from them yet.
    Theres also a relatively good earring from them as well.
    Do those dailies for your sfms and get the rest of your 4 piece! I would suggest trying to find someone to craft you a new shield too. Virtues come in handy too Your gonna want Innocence and Compassion traited for Draigoch run.

Anyways, could be plenty of other stuff i could suggest but ill leave it at that
    Would love to see more minstrels out there with over 6k morale. It is possible! Just requires some work :/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000012ac4/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Canadianbacon r6 Burg
    Omnom R7 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by znz212 View Post
    It is possible! Just requires some work :/
    It's pretty possible considering Trev builds what, over 9k for the moors? (Unrelated)

We'll try and get this going next Saturday around 8 PM EST unless something comes up. I tried to contact some people today but a few weren't around or busy so we did a kin run and I'm locked for the remainder of the week on both characters. Didn't really want to bring my Warden to the PUG anyhow. I'll probably start poking people between 7:00-7:45 PM EST next week so I know who's around I can count on and who I have to fill in for.

Those I contact first will be a sampling of Officers from kins who've expressed interest, and we'll pad other interested players from there as best fits a solid composition.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

I'm gonna say don't count on me being able to run with you this saturday... my boss is dragging her feet trying to get a replacement.

@Erl, As of 4am central I'm about 3k to ally standing. Haven't really been able to get on much since I got 75, so i'm doing my best with what i can.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000007fc3f/signature.png]Healzrus[/charsig]

So should we plan on trying to be on around 7 EST on Saturday if we want to go?

What type of consumables should we be prepared with (I'm assuming regen food, hope tokens, power/morale potions are helpful - but is fortifying food useful? Oil for hunters?).
    Mains - Sampaguita 100 hobbit mini & Meggie - 100 captain. Army of alts: Lunelleth - 91 hunter/Cwenhild - 62 champ/Euraweth - 58 LM/Eadolwyn - 53 warden/Cinnamum - 30 burg/Ajuga - 26 guard/Idhreneth - 24 RK/Samieth - 6 beorning and Solveij the Pacifist (til she gets drunk) - 71 RK.

Quote Originally Posted by LoraE View Post
    So should we plan on trying to be on around 7 EST on Saturday if we want to go?

What type of consumables should we be prepared with (I'm assuming regen food, hope tokens, power/morale potions are helpful - but is fortifying food useful? Oil for hunters?).
    These are standard consumables that you should always have on you for raiding. Regen food won't be necessary in this particular fight as combat drops frequently but you always always always need morale/power pots just in case and whatever class consumables you use to do your job better.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000cbe74/signature.png]Porken[/charsig]
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

Hello I would like to join the Draigoch pug group as well.

Firahn Leader Riders of Helm's Deep

Major props to Ainur for putting this together. Let your hata's be your motivata's! (Did I really just say that? Really? Some one shoot me.)

Also, just in case, don't forget to actually discover the raid before we start. Talk to the quest giver at the gate just south of central Galtrev to get the chain, takes 15-20 min to do.

This is good guys, keep posting questions if you think of them. Raiding is very different from the rest of the game and it's easy to get lost in a large group when you're new to it.
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

I guess my question would be how should I trait for this? Unfortunately, I have very little experience with raids as a whole, and are not sure how I should trait for this one. Should I trait for full blown support, or should I try to mix in some dps? I assume that CC is going to be non-existent for this since there is only one boss from what I've learn. This is what I'm thinking how I should set up my traits:

Class traits
    Master of the staff - +5% morale increase for me (woot!)
    Healer - Decreased induction and power costs for healing skills, and increased healing (must for being a battery)
    Study of Fire-lore - +5% miss chance to my Fire-lore for a total of 30% I believe
    Improved Sign of Power: Command - I can now effect the evade and block chances
    Power and Wisdom - Shorter CD and longer duration for when I have to drain for power, plus I 100% more power
    Study of Frost-Lore - -5% tactical damage and +50% induction time (heard something about some tact damage)
    The Secret of Tar - -50% induction and -30s CD for tar (usually this decreases the foes fire resistance, but I'm not sure if the tar will effect Draigoch)
    Sword and Staff - Legendary trait (+300 morale plus I get to be Gandalf in a sense)
    Force of Will - Legendary trait (crit chance debuff from Sign of Power: See All Ends increases to -1200 I think, and the duration of Sign of Power: See All Ends, Fire-lore, Frost-lore, Sign of Power: Command, and Ancient Craft [~2k armor debuff] increases)
    Noble Savage/Eagle-friend (don't know if it is better for my raven become stronger with Noble Savage so the group has the tact mig buff longer, or the slight icpr and the possibility of me being rezzed if I die in combat from the eagle ) - Legendary trait

Umm... if I can increase my morale by about 200 points by Saturday, I'd probably trade out Master of the Staff with Knowledge of the Past so that I have -3% tactical skills power cost, which means I won't lose as much power when I'm being the battery and start fulling people up.

Oh and also, I was wondering what virtues would be best for me? This is the set up I've come to use for both instances and for running around in the moors. I think it's made me just a little harder to kill ^_^ Anyway, heres what I have as of this post:

Virtues
    Innocence - r10
    Fidelity - r12
    Zeal - r12
    Compassion - r12
    Empathy - r12

Thanks again!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000005d573/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=#C35817]"What separates a man from a slave? Money? Power? No. A man chooses, a slave obeys"[/color]
    [u][b]Alts[/b][/u]
    [i][color=#FFFF00]Chouhi - Champion[/color]
    [color=#D4A017]Caleph - Warden[/color]
    [color=#7E0517]Roarz - Warg[/color][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by LoraE View Post
    As Borken mentioned, Morale pot, hope token are must, scrolls both offense and defense and class specific consumable also helps.

I am a food junkie since my hunter is a Westfold cook, so here are my eating experiences during Dragoich, DPS group will have little chance to eat when combat drops, as you are constantly on the move, which is key, so keep moving with the Sun. I guess besides before starting the fight, don’t bother with food.

Tanking group on the other hand, do get a couple of good moment for consuming food, keep moving is also key for tanking group, once you are in position, you can try to eat, some times you will be interrupted.

After he drops on the floor and your group returning back to the treasure box, you would have enough time to eat, regen food mostly as the only last 10 min. On phase 3, tank group moves a lot when combat drops, so never had a chance to eat. Just keep in mind, don’t make eating as your priority, move yourself to the position is your top priority.
    Last edited by HunterByHeart; Dec 06 2011 at 12:47 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000013720a/signature.png]Caltraen[/charsig][url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/dwarrowdelf/calttrien]
    Calttrien 85 Guardian [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuk View Post
    Virtues
    Innocence - r10
    Fidelity - r12
    Zeal - r12
    Compassion - r12
    Empathy - r12
    I can't speak to the LM class traits, but Draigoch is all common damage. Switch out Fidelity for something with more morale like Valour and your virtues will be perfect
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

I think that any debuffs that either decrease the damage the claws can do, or increase it's vulnerability to damage would be pretty useful, as long as they stack with the debuffs from a burg. And while extra heals for the dps group is always nice, the combat cycles in phase 1 and 2 only last (at max) 1m 15s and 1m 30s respectively, then combat breaks while Draigoch tries to roast the tank. While I can't speak for phase 3, power regen doesn't seem to be a major issue from what I've seen. For whoever is the healer the conjunction group (especially on that one claw that hits significantly harder than the rest, and if it is a rk healing them), if you are in it, inner flame's group heal would be REALLY helpful in between rousing word casts (minis have a lot more group heals, but I am not as familiar with them), so the trait that makes that a group-heal is a must imo. Lastly, even if you manage to gain 1k morale by Saturday, I would still take that +5% morale, since you are a potential no cd rez if the dps group healers fall. Empathy is pretty weak imo, so that is one virtue that you could probably replace. The armor bonus doesn't really add significantly to your mits, and fate is almost worthless with the numerous combat breaks.
    Of course, take anything I say about your class traits with a grain of salt, as I may be completely wrong, since my lm is almost never used, and only at lvl 24.
    Last edited by jaridweese; Dec 06 2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: typo
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000aada9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by jaridweese View Post
    The armor bonus doesn't really add significantly to your mits, and fate is almost worthless with the numerous combat breaks.
    The 540 armor bonus is added directly to common mit, so it is viable for Draigoch, especially if your other virtues aren't maxed.
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

Quote Originally Posted by Warth View Post
    The 540 armor bonus is added directly to common mit
    I did not realize that armor:common mit was 1:1. Also I did not realize the bonus at rank 12 was that high, I was working from memory, and I do not have empathy maxed yet. Thank you for correcting me, and now I need to go max my empathy ...

Quote Originally Posted by HunterByHeart View Post
    As Borken mentioned, Morale pot, hope token are must, scrolls both offense and defense and class specific consumable also helps.

I am a food junkie since my hunter is a Westfold cook, so here are my eating experiences during Dragoich, DPS group will have little chance to eat when combat drops, as you are constantly on the move, which is key, so keep moving with the Sun. I guess besides before starting the fight, don’t bother with food.

Tanking group on the other hand, do get a couple of good moment for consuming food, keep moving is also key for tanking group, once you are in position, you can try to eat, some times you will be interrupted.

After he drops on the floor and your group returning back to the treasure box, you would have enough time to eat, regen food mostly as the only last 10 min. On phase 3, tank group moves a lot when combat drops, so never had a chance to eat. Just keep in mind, don’t make eating as your priority, move yourself to the position is your top priority.
    Thanks, that was helpful I have 0 true raiding experience, so it'll be quite new to me.
    Mains - Sampaguita 100 hobbit mini & Meggie - 100 captain. Army of alts: Lunelleth - 91 hunter/Cwenhild - 62 champ/Euraweth - 58 LM/Eadolwyn - 53 warden/Cinnamum - 30 burg/Ajuga - 26 guard/Idhreneth - 24 RK/Samieth - 6 beorning and Solveij the Pacifist (til she gets drunk) - 71 RK.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast