We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Flippers in the Ettenmoors

Whats the deal with people bashinp people who flip sides? I really dont care about that i seee my buddy i was jsut kiling freeps with suddenly there freep catches me off guard and gets me i dont get angry..so why does eeveryone else? even do tthey do (questionable) emotes to my body that disturb me not gonna name any freeps that i know that do that(sandgirl, nisi, sometimes meriamoon) doing pushups right on top of me hmmm that dosent look wierd at all, but there nothing wrong with people who flip sides they just decied theyy would do better on a certain char be it freep or creep.

Re: Flippers in the Ettenmoors

If you don't care.... why bother talking about it in the forums? The only thing stupider than caring how someone else plays their own video game is caring enough about what someone else thinks about how someone else plays their own video game to complain about it.

lol i guess im sorry

The reason people bash those that flip sides is because it makes the entire pvp atmosphere lame. Turbine recently encouraged this failure technique, and you can see the result. We may get some good fights, but it doesn't take long for one side to zerg up with a few relogs. I, for one, don't care anymore. LOTRO is obviously not a pvp game, nor will it be until they decide to fix this problem as well as others.
    [i]"And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000005eb/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

AERG!!!!

<--- Sygil

And for my input into the pvmp scene...yeah, always has been a problem. Some people don't really want to work for a victory.
    Last edited by wickedways; Dec 03 2011 at 10:58 AM.
    Originally Posted by Fortinobrand
    I once heard the word "integrity" defined as making an active decision to stand by your values and do what's right even when you know with 100% certainty that you can get away with less.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedways View Post
    AERG!!!!

<--- Sygil

And for my input into the pvmp scene...yeah, always has been a problem. Some people don't really want to work for a victory.
    :O Are you coming back? VC has missed you!
    [i]"And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000005eb/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I think people just assume they know whats going on... i know when iv been out on my creep and we cant get fair fight or we are getting killed and not getting kills few of us have fliped to freep side knowing that the freep group that is out is going to take the keeps,so why not get credit for the keep takes.... im sure not gonna buy the broaches/chief seals on ah here,ah here is way over priced,other servers have things 1/5 what they are here. so my message is dont just assume you know whats going on
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000c06fd/signature.png]Ailse[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by danr607 View Post
    I think people just assume they know whats going on... i know when iv been out on my creep and we cant get fair fight or we are getting killed and not getting kills few of us have fliped to freep side knowing that the freep group that is out is going to take the keeps,so why not get credit for the keep takes.... im sure not gonna buy the broaches/chief seals on ah here,ah here is way over priced,other servers have things 1/5 what they are here. so my message is dont just assume you know whats going on
    That's my entire point. The environment is set up to discourage pvp, and of course people are going to take advantage of it. Yes, they are flipping to PvE, we do know what's going on. That is why when one side starts winning just a little bit, the other side relogs and it's just a big zerg for taking keeps undefended. Turbine has dropped the ball on this too many times, and it just keeps getting worse. I don't think any other mmo has failed the pvpers as bad as lotro. How many pvp zones in other games have you walked into when people run from each other and avoid fights? 0. Why? Because that would be really lame...

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyD View Post
    That's my entire point. The environment is set up to discourage pvp, and of course people are going to take advantage of it. Yes, they are flipping to PvE, we do know what's going on. That is why when one side starts winning just a little bit, the other side relogs and it's just a big zerg for taking keeps undefended. Turbine has dropped the ball on this too many times, and it just keeps getting worse. I don't think any other mmo has failed the pvpers as bad as lotro. How many pvp zones in other games have you walked into when people run from each other and avoid fights? 0. Why? Because that would be really lame...
    hehehehehehehehe lololol, wow correct!!!! the moors seems to discourage pvp lol, its almost as bad as runescapes pvp wilderness,hehehe

This game has been compared to Runescape. It is officially dead
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousTim View Post
    This game has been compared to Runescape. It is officially dead
    lol wow. runescape is an o game if your a member

Hi all, well my two cents on this...

I think flipping in a PVP game is really lame, and indeed it doesn´t happen so much in other PVP games as it does in LoTRO. For me it is perfectly logical to choose a side in PVP and stay there.
    I choose creeps, and I will stay there forever, don´t care about being overwhelmed by freeps. Even though creeps might seem underpowered (compared to OP champs and mini's) and being outnumbered when a flipping freep raid comes in play to zerg all keeps.
    I guess this "flipping behaviour" is something you either have to cope with and if you don't want to, well only one option, go PVE or play an other MMO game. That is, unless Turbine is going to do something to avoid it from happening, of which I am (unfortunately) quite sure they will not.
    To me it unfortunately seems as though PVP is not high on Turbine's list of priorities to manage ingame.

See ya on the creepside, or kill you being a freep.

Thal
    [color=red][b]Imladris:[/b][/color] [u]Thalanthas[/u] (Level 75 Elf Rune-Keeper), [u]Nimueth[/u] (Level 46 Elf Warden)

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150100000de857/signature.png]Thalanthash[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Khelgarr View Post
    Hi all, well my two cents on this...

I think flipping in a PVP game is really lame, and indeed it doesn´t happen so much in other PVP games as it does in LoTRO. For me it is perfectly logical to choose a side in PVP and stay there.
    I choose creeps, and I will stay there forever, don´t care about being overwhelmed by freeps. Even though creeps might seem underpowered (compared to OP champs and mini's) and being outnumbered when a flipping freep raid comes in play to zerg all keeps.
    I guess this "flipping behaviour" is something you either have to cope with and if you don't want to, well only one option, go PVE or play an other MMO game. That is, unless Turbine is going to do something to avoid it from happening, of which I am (unfortunately) quite sure they will not.
    To me it unfortunately seems as though PVP is not high on Turbine's list of priorities to manage ingame.

See ya on the creepside, or kill you being a freep.

Thal
    Buuut, others MMO are ####
    And PvE always ends some time and it's grinding and grinding, though in PvMP you have to grind renown/infamy until rank 15.

Welcome to The Lord of the Grinds Online folks!

Quote Originally Posted by eugh View Post
    Welcome to The Lord of the Grinds Online folks!
    :O had to put 10 letter ;O