We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thinking of transfering

Thinking of transferring...but have couple of questions. How active is your server? How many people on glff, does it takes a long time and spamming glff to find a group? How is your ah prices, can i have a cracked sigl for 8g or less? Or a worn symbol for less than 200g? How is your moors? Would be i lead to my doom up by creeps or will freeps come to the rescue? Would I be seeing alot of trolling on glff? What about events, do you do music events or any type of events? Are mostly of the server, friendly?
    Thank you for reading.
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

Re: Thinking of transfering

Crick seems to be a good server. I would call it relatively small in comparison to say Brandywine. Our glff is fairly active and it usually isn't too hard to get a group up but times do vary. The Moors are about even and on any given time you might get outnumbered on either creep or freep, generally a good crowd tho and tons of fun.
    Xalfang R10 warg, Xalweb R8 Spidey, Xalgnakah R8 Defiler/Bruzrat's pocket-healer, Euanggelion R8 Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
    Thinking of transferring...but have couple of questions. How active is your server? How many people on glff, does it takes a long time and spamming glff to find a group? How is your ah prices, can i have a cracked sigl for 8g or less? Or a worn symbol for less than 200g? How is your moors? Would be i lead to my doom up by creeps or will freeps come to the rescue? Would I be seeing alot of trolling on glff? What about events, do you do music events or any type of events? Are mostly of the server, friendly?
    Thank you for reading.
    I believe we're on the low end of the mid-sized servers--I don't think we've been featured as a recommended server for quite some time. But we definitely have enough people to get the job done. Glff probably averages 100-200 when I'm around (US daytime/Euro primetime), but I don't know the number for the busy hours. Like any server, things are easier if you find the right kin. Thankfully, we do have quite a few good kins around here.

Cracked Sigils have been dropping in price from the usual 8g--they can now be found for 6 or 6.5 G starting bids. Worn symbols may not be as plentiful here as on some of the older established servers, and as such they cost a bit more.

I can't say anything about the Moors, but I can say something for the community. Every night at 11pm EST (server time) we hold Elevenses, an open event dedicated to music and RP. We have a number of other weekly events, and some fantastic large events once or twice a month. We may not have as many events as Landroval or Laurelin, but I believe we have far more than the other servers.

I had 7 65s and a network of people to draw from on my old server 1 year ago. But I did not have what Crickhollow offers. I left it all behind and started with nothing here because the difference was night and day. I've met some amazingly generous people in my time here. The GLFF can degenerate every now and then, but it is nothing compared to the elitist attitudes I would see on my old server's GLFF. In the end, someone is always willing to help. Trolling exists, but it is not rampant like on some of the other servers (from what I hear, it is much better than on Nimrodel, but I have not played there so I cannot confirm it--though I will say I've heard it from more than one person).

You may be best served on Landroval, but I do hope you'll roll on alt on some of the servers you're looking at to see what we're all about. Landroval will offer better numbers as far as people and events are concerned. I've found that I actually prefer our smaller and newer community over here. But if you don't find your place on Crickhollow, I do think that server will offer what you're looking for. I wish you the best of luck as you search for your new home.
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    Community events reporter at http://lotroplayers.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit http://secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.co m & http://crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.c om
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Second Breakfast's weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Saturdays 4:30pm: Dulcet Tones play at the fountain in front of the Pony
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thinking of transferring...but have couple of questions. How active is your server? How many people on glff, does it takes a long time and spamming glff to find a group?
    The server was very active near F2P launch but its popularity has since dwindled. There are some large kinships around with very active members that run leveling content regularly, and several end game kins bored to death with Bugroach trying everything under the sun passing time for the next update. You will find most Skirmish/Hele raids are run ad-hoc and glff'ed so you should find level cap activity even as you move in

The amount of time it would require to piece together a group would depend on the time of day and the content you wish to run. Daytime US and evenings are busy times for both moors and raiding however Dawn/Early morning NA time can become something of a ghosttown with GLFF numbers dropping to 60-80 and some skirmish groups asking for that one missing healer for an entire hour.

How is your ah prices, can i have a cracked sigl for 8g or less? Or a worn symbol for less than 200g?
    The AH prices are somewhat higher than legacy servers for some items. Elder King Symbols still sell for over 100g and Worn Symbols last very little in the AH going for over 250g.

How is your moors? Would be i lead to my doom up by creeps or will freeps come to the rescue?
    I'm new and not that into the moors fights but in my experience the interactions varies greatly and depending on the time you are on. Several of the Freeps play Creep and switch to the other side when numbers are unbalanced and vice-versa. New players from other servers have also spiced things up so I expect this will continue to fluctuate as people transfer. Overall, you can expect to find something to do in the moors everyday and some crazy suicidal RK leading a raid to their doom in an avalanche of lulz (I didn't say that out loud, did I?)

Would I be seeing alot of trolling on glff?
    We have our resident trolls that we feed once in a while to prevent lawsuits from the SPCT (Society for the Protection and Care of Trolls.) We also have some rather opinionated players who like to fight it out on glff too so you won't run out of fun reads.

What about events, do you do music events or any type of events? Are mostly of the server, friendly?
    Thank you for reading.
    Music and RP events happen "often" compared to some other servers I have tried. Symphonious and Second Breakfast come to mind as event-organizing kinships. The server was newbie friendly due to its nature but as players mature in their roles you start to see less tolerance for mistakes, so I would place it as friendlier than Landroval not as varied as Brandywine. The community is overall helpful so you would surely find a good place within it.

Before spending the money to transfer, I would recommend rolling an alt and joining glff at your usual playtime to see how many people are online and whether the ongoing discussions are what you're looking for.

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by Fexalicious; Nov 30 2011 at 07:46 PM.

Troll means stout yes? Well that's what the thesaurus said anyway
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004dd3a/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]