We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
    Notice the link....Grand Member....seems to be Turbine excuse makers? Again, I don't want your excuses. I want solutions.
    Grand Member only refers to number of posts, not what is in them. You obviously haven't read my post history.

    I've had Draig bug on me, and I've filed bug reports. So has just about everyone I know. It's a bugged instance. But there are other bugged instances that need attention too, and people with questions about instances who need answers, and all you're doing is keeping those players from getting the answers they need. Start a new thread with new information and maybe you'll get people to listen. Bumping a mass of old threads will do nothing but hurt other players with problems with other instances (and there are lots of them).

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Whart View Post
    Grand Member only refers to number of posts, not what is in them. You obviously haven't read my post history.

    I've had Draig bug on me, and I've filed bug reports. So has just about everyone I know. It's a bugged instance. But there are other bugged instances that need attention too, and people with questions about instances who need answers, and all you're doing is keeping those players from getting the answers they need. Start a new thread with new information and maybe you'll get people to listen. Bumping a mass of old threads will do nothing but hurt other players with problems with other instances (and there are lots of them).
    Actually it does appear the poster made his own thread this morning.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Whart View Post
    Grand Member only refers to number of posts, not what is in them. You obviously haven't read my post history.

    I've had Draig bug on me, and I've filed bug reports. So has just about everyone I know. It's a bugged instance. But there are other bugged instances that need attention too, and people with questions about instances who need answers, and all you're doing is keeping those players from getting the answers they need. Start a new thread with new information and maybe you'll get people to listen. Bumping a mass of old threads will do nothing but hurt other players with problems with other instances (and there are lots of them).
    No, forums are for getting the information out to players and Turbine. I have taken the time today to do that. Be different if I was on the forums every day doing it. I'd agree with you. But, I don't see where old threads don't hurt other players. In fact, I bet a few players seeing them were shaking their heads about these Known Issues and how far back the complaints go. Every Grand Member seems to be coming to Turbine's defense...it's an observation. I'd bet a great many are devs or GMs. Again, that is my opinion. I have been a LotRO member for over four years. Draigoch wasn't this buggy when it first came out. Some of these "old" instances don't get much play. So when I saw a couple of my friends wanting to get them done, I decided to INVEST my time and effort in completing it. So, if after 5 attempts and it bugged every single time, and the answer from In-Game support is "Known Issue and have a nice day," I'd say my frustration level peaked. Now, did I cuss out the GM? Nope. Did I colorfully describe the buggy instance? Oh YES. DId I send in Help Tickets repeatedly? Sure, why not? Turbine ignores the bug reports and the Known Issues, they can ignore my Help Tickets. Was it polite way of handling the situation? No. The polite way is to send in bug reports and post on the forums. Which brings us back to being frustrated with an instance that has Known Issues that is being ignored by Turbine. Did you follow the logic in that? It's okay for Turbine to sell a defective product, ignore the complaints, then ban a frustrated player for "going off" about it.....

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,084
    Every plain Member seems to be a Turbine detractor .. hmm .. must be spammers or trolls, better ban them.

    ps I canceled my sub last year and mentioned Draigoch as one of the reasons in the exit survey.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England. north-west
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
    Turbine ignores the bug reports and the Known Issues, they can ignore my Help Tickets. Was it polite way of handling the situation? No. The polite way is to send in bug reports and post on the forums.
    if they did that with every bug report... wow...

    why do you assume they ignore them? we've been told by sapience (and if you've ever been on Bullroarer/palantir) they read ALL bug reports and file them. they always try to fix bugs but it's an on going issue.

    draicoch does seem to be special in that it's completely stumped the QA team and they havn't found a suitable fix yet. but they have fixed many bugs and known issues in the past.

    your outburst of ranting *might* help to get turbine to close it if it really is much more broken. but don't expect sudden results or GM's to be "polite", they deal with lodes of "colourful" people daily and are very overly worked from what I've seen... there just doing there job

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Every plain Member seems to be a Turbine detractor .. hmm .. must be spammers or trolls, better ban them.

    ps I canceled my sub last year and mentioned Draigoch as one of the reasons in the exit survey.
    I overall like the game....never really have had problems, other than the grinding....which can really, really take the fun out of the game. But, then again, Turbine doesn't have the resources to put out updates but every so often......I remember hating the boredom of the grind that I wanted to quit the game totally. Anyhoot, this Draigoch instances has got me fired up. I look at some of the Turbine defenders and think, "if this was a car bet they'd have a different attitude." But they'd just diminish the issue down to an instance. Meaning, oh, its just a game, there are far more important issues in the world. yeah, so true, so true....that's why you're trolling the forums....

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    if they did that with every bug report... wow...

    why do you assume they ignore them? we've been told by sapience (and if you've ever been on Bullroarer/palantir) they read ALL bug reports and file them. they always try to fix bugs but it's an on going issue.

    draicoch does seem to be special in that it's completely stumped the QA team and they havn't found a suitable fix yet. but they have fixed many bugs and known issues in the past.

    your outburst of ranting *might* help to get turbine to close it if it really is much more broken. but don't expect sudden results or GM's to be "polite", they deal with lodes of "colourful" people daily and are very overly worked from what I've seen... there just doing there job
    Told you, I'm not accepting excuses. I want solutions. If it is as special as you claim, then that right there would tell you that it needs to be deactivated.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    if they did that with every bug report... wow...

    why do you assume they ignore them? we've been told by sapience (and if you've ever been on Bullroarer/palantir) they read ALL bug reports and file them. they always try to fix bugs but it's an on going issue.

    draicoch does seem to be special in that it's completely stumped the QA team and they havn't found a suitable fix yet. but they have fixed many bugs and known issues in the past.

    your outburst of ranting *might* help to get turbine to close it if it really is much more broken. but don't expect sudden results or GM's to be "polite", they deal with lodes of "colourful" people daily and are very overly worked from what I've seen... there just doing there job
    Third paragraph above, reread it. Now, reread it again. Now, reread it again. Keep rereading that until your own words sink into your thought processes. Special = broke. Broke = remove or fix. It does not = leave it to frustrate your customers.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
    No, forums are for getting the information out to players and Turbine. I have taken the time today to do that. Be different if I was on the forums every day doing it. I'd agree with you. But, I don't see where old threads don't hurt other players. In fact, I bet a few players seeing them were shaking their heads about these Known Issues and how far back the complaints go. Every Grand Member seems to be coming to Turbine's defense...it's an observation. I'd bet a great many are devs or GMs. Again, that is my opinion. I have been a LotRO member for over four years. Draigoch wasn't this buggy when it first came out. Some of these "old" instances don't get much play. So when I saw a couple of my friends wanting to get them done, I decided to INVEST my time and effort in completing it. So, if after 5 attempts and it bugged every single time, and the answer from In-Game support is "Known Issue and have a nice day," I'd say my frustration level peaked. Now, did I cuss out the GM? Nope. Did I colorfully describe the buggy instance? Oh YES. DId I send in Help Tickets repeatedly? Sure, why not? Turbine ignores the bug reports and the Known Issues, they can ignore my Help Tickets. Was it polite way of handling the situation? No. The polite way is to send in bug reports and post on the forums. Which brings us back to being frustrated with an instance that has Known Issues that is being ignored by Turbine. Did you follow the logic in that? It's okay for Turbine to sell a defective product, ignore the complaints, then ban a frustrated player for "going off" about it.....
    I don't see where I've come to Turbine's defense at all. Draigoch is a buggy instance. Should they continue selling it with the issues it is known to have? No. Should they completely disable it and not let any player use it, even though it works fine for some people? Not sure about that, since that hardly seems fair to the ones who don't have problems, but if they were really working on a real fix, then sure, take it down while they're working on it.

    See, I would have agreed with your underlying thoughts about this instance, as would many other players, if you had just stated your case without all the drama. One post, with a list of links to all the other threads on the issue if you wanted to make the point that this is an old issue, would have received loads of empathy. Sometimes the delivery matters as much as the message.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England. north-west
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
    Told you, I'm not accepting excuses. I want solutions. If it is as special as you claim, then that right there would tell you that it needs to be deactivated.
    I might agree with you if your claims that it broke 6 times in a row are correct. it was never that bad before and was, at least, playable.

    I don't think it'll be fixed, so by your logic is should be closed down. however I don't think thats fair to everyone if other players are getting it to work just fine. I would like to see if someone else has done it recently.

    remember my 3 things? time/money to fix it; severity; information. clearly the information they have the on bug isn't useful enough, which leads on to time (they don't have enough time or money to find the bug AND fix it... probably). and then theres severity. last time I did it, was fine, that was just after U10. so if it's still do-able for a part, they won't close it down, it's just unfair to other players.

    they left up fornost fire even though the loot was completely broken (soon fixed). they left up moria instances on release even though you could exploit them like crazy (soon fixed). they havn't fixed sambrog bug since it's revamp to 65, or helegrod spiders, or BfE gates. they have a long line of just leaving up broken instances tbh. they don't usally close something unless it's creating serious issues to gameplay. not sure what classes as "serious" but big exploits have at times and big game breaking bugs have. although many instances initially release broken with exploits and just get left in (it took ages for them to fix GS).

    it's hard to say but, get used to shoddy work. mmo's are terribly made in that sense. but in the £100+ million they've spent in making this game they are somehow able to keep members and income. so I'm more in favour of how they work with it than just stopping development projects to fix it (quite a few games failed so hard trying to do this constantly. remember matrix online? no? well good, it sucked, they instead tried to fix bugs than make new content and IT SUCKED BECAUSE THE CONTENT SUCKED!!!)

    I'm only against closing it however depending on severity and if people are still able to run this *fine*. I've been trying to defend the "fix it now!" attitude which is just unreasonable and maybe impossible to keep the game afloat if they worked like that.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    I might agree with you if your claims that it broke 6 times in a row are correct. it was never that bad before and was, at least, playable.

    I don't think it'll be fixed, so by your logic is should be closed down. however I don't think thats fair to everyone if other players are getting it to work just fine. I would like to see if someone else has done it recently.

    remember my 3 things? time/money to fix it; severity; information. clearly the information they have the on bug isn't useful enough, which leads on to time (they don't have enough time or money to find the bug AND fix it... probably). and then theres severity. last time I did it, was fine, that was just after U10. so if it's still do-able for a part, they won't close it down, it's just unfair to other players.

    they left up fornost fire even though the loot was completely broken (soon fixed). they left up moria instances on release even though you could exploit them like crazy (soon fixed). they havn't fixed sambrog bug since it's revamp to 65, or helegrod spiders, or BfE gates. they have a long line of just leaving up broken instances tbh. they don't usally close something unless it's creating serious issues to gameplay. not sure what classes as "serious" but big exploits have at times and big game breaking bugs have. although many instances initially release broken with exploits and just get left in (it took ages for them to fix GS).

    it's hard to say but, get used to shoddy work. mmo's are terribly made in that sense. but in the £100+ million they've spent in making this game they are somehow able to keep members and income. so I'm more in favour of how they work with it than just stopping development projects to fix it (quite a few games failed so hard trying to do this constantly. remember matrix online? no? well good, it sucked, they instead tried to fix bugs than make new content and IT SUCKED BECAUSE THE CONTENT SUCKED!!!)

    I'm only against closing it however depending on severity and if people are still able to run this *fine*. I've been trying to defend the "fix it now!" attitude which is just unreasonable and maybe impossible to keep the game afloat if they worked like that.
    It was bugged one day a week or so ago...after we wiped a couple of times (new people learning it). I think the next time I tried it bugged out. Then the very next day, it bugged three times in a row. Not six times in a row. Three in a row was my max before my gasket blew.....I look at it as this, seriously, I invested my time and effort. All I got for this investment was being banned.....I didn't get my deeds completed and not a single piece of loot....for an instance that is special and bugs out on a regular basis....that's unacceptable. I didn't know it had this many issues...if I did, I think I would have just pew pewed in the moors. Again, when I saw a friend GLFF a draigoch raid, I was excited......what an epic let down.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload