We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: EttenMoors VIP?

Re: EttenMoors VIP?

Quote Originally Posted by Opticals View Post
    If you love the game to that extent, perhaps you'd be willing to share some love (in the form of a subscription which would give you 'moors access in return). Is $10/month (pay for 3 months at a time) really such a hardship?
    Considering that the average game, be it PC, PS3, XBox, etc costs about 50$ when new(and after some time becomes cheaper), and you get to use them indefinitely, than yes 10$ a month(which doesn't even grant you expansions and other perks) is a hardship. Unless of course you're 1 of them rich spoiled kids who have money trees in their garden.

I hate subscriptions with a passion, simply for this reason, non subscription games give you way better value for your $ and are not time limited, and if you buy games of serious companies, the continual support of said game is also generally broader and more significant, as it's not directed towards profitable avenues only(as in neglecting the less profitable aspects of the game, such as PvMP in LotRO's case). I bought Starcraft(the original, not 2) back in the day, like a year or so after it was released. You know how long I kept playing and enjoying it? Over 10 years! Now, if I had to pay a monthly subscription, of said 10$, I'd have to pay 10$x12(months)x10(years)=1200$ , instead I payed like 50$ for the original and 30$ or so for the Broodwars expansion. Now, obviously you won't play most games for 10 years, but even for a single year you're already paying more than double of what you would have for a normal game(120$ vs 50$). For this same reason I never got into WoW(also by Blizzard by the way, which I like and respect very much) but preferred Diablo 2 for example.

LotRO transferred over to the F2P model precisely to draw in people like myself, who hate subscriptions with a passion yet still enjoy MMOs and/or are Tolkien fans(which I am). Making this move, the game as a whole needs to adapt to this model, which it partially has already, but still requires some work. PvMP shouldn't be an exception under any circumstance. It's part of the game, therefore it should be available by alternative means(TP) since Turbine adopted the F2P model. How to price it is an entirely different subject, but that's a numbers issue rather than a conceptual issue(keeping it VIP only vs making it available for TP).

i'm VIP cause i have lifetime sub... so yeah
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000009cef/signature.png]Unknown[/charsig]

AW: EttenMoors VIP?

Its still funny that the ezmode-side of the worst part of the game is the only thing kept VIP-only.

Quote Originally Posted by 13lackGu4rd View Post
    --plenty of rubbish arguments about subscription games --

LotRO transferred over to the F2P model precisely to draw in people like myself, who hate subscriptions with a passion yet still enjoy MMOs and/or are Tolkien fans(which I am). Making this move, the game as a whole needs to adapt to this model, which it partially has already, but still requires some work. PvMP shouldn't be an exception under any circumstance. It's part of the game, therefore it should be available by alternative means(TP) since Turbine adopted the F2P model. How to price it is an entirely different subject, but that's a numbers issue rather than a conceptual issue(keeping it VIP only vs making it available for TP).
    While I couldn't care less about whether you pay more for sub-games than offline games, I do agree with you on that last point. If LoTRO is F2P all content should be available.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0100002292c3/signature.png]Nagslime[/charsig]
    [B]R.I.P Mom! - March 09, 2012[/B][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Dokomo33 View Post
    There are tons of people who remain VIP that do not PvMP. In fact the majority of VIPs probably don't PvMP, so I don't see a problem with offering Freep PvMP a la cart. It's just an additional revenue stream from people like me who don't like subscribing, but have no problem dropping money in the store for perm unlocks.

I hate playing creep side, so at this point I'd even be happy with access to the ettenmoors being sold in monthly chunks, for like 3-500TP a pop.
    You realize about 90% of those people are lifetimers right?

Most defintely I would stop paying my sub if the moors became free.
    Last edited by gimli4480; Dec 10 2011 at 05:57 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000009cc44/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I haven't posted before but I feel I need to on this subject. I only play creep ATM on eldar and even with the f2p reavers the freeps seem to outnumber us creeps . Allowing free side to be f2p would make the problem a lot worse

Something that I hadn't really thought of when I posted against this some time ago....

If freep PvP were to go the way of the Lotro Store, it would absolutely draw many new players to the game. While Lotro PvP is not on the scale of some epic PvP games, it has a certain draw for some types of players (I LOVE Lotro PvP and have yet to find another game I enjoy much at all PvPing).

But what kinds of players would it draw, and how would they contribute to the greater good that is Turbines bank account?

People who are drawn in for the express purpose of PvP would be less likely to:

*Use TP to buy vastly overpriced storage space. They don't need it. They're just here to PvP.
    *Use TP to buy cosmetics, cosmetic storage, or cosmetic slots.
    *Purchase all expansions.
    *Purchase all zones/quest packs.
    *Feel the need to have 23 horses, half from the Store, for cosmetic/RP value.
    *Purchase skirmishes or raids.
    *Use TP to buy any number of other useful things that some of us take for granted and use/access in PvE.

Creep F2P players often still spend money. Creeps have skills that take an incredible amount of time to be able to access if the player chooses to follow the original path, to rank in order to buy the skills. Freep PvPers would (almost always) be max level already and as such they would have all their skills. PvP armor is maybe not the best, but for many it would be more than sufficient for their needs. Especially on servers that have raids going most of the time in the Moors.

I know some people always have to put words in the mouth of others. Please don't. In no way am I saying that ALL people drawn in by this would come with the intention of spending no money. It is simply my feeling that *alot* of the people who would come for the sole reason of F2P (or store purchasable) freep PvP would spend very little.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000c5929/signature.png]Naughtymistress[/charsig]

And some creeps. Most of whom shall remain nameless :p

Question i dont understnad

we can go or not if we are not vip?or we will can buy it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerane View Post
    And for Turbine a VIP is better then a premium or free player
    This statement is VERY untrue, if it was LOTRO would never have gone from Sub-only to Free to play.
    Turbine makes more money out of their store and F2P then they ever did before with only-VIP's

Ex
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Note that this thread is over a year old, just been resurrected

Quote Originally Posted by TiberPancake View Post
    Note that this thread is over a year old, just been resurrected
    Oh wow, thanks for the headsup had no clue

Ex
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I was just about to make a post similar to the OP's. I would like to see them implement the same TP cost on freepside of 795 TP for allowing one of ur toons to have access to the moors. If you wanted to get another toon to enter, pay 795 again, or if it was on sale obv lol. That's one of the only ways I'd consider coming back to this game anyway. Turbine gets their money, you get ur access to the moors for free from there on then. Everyone wins. Might as well implement this now as a way of giving something back to the pvpers with all their false promises such as no new map after 2.5 years. Don't know y it hasnt been implemented sooner.
    Guess who ? Founder and co-creator: http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2