We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EttenMoors VIP?

EttenMoors VIP?

Okay, i know that this game is mostly fair to those who don't have VIP but I cannot believe you have to be VIP only to enter the ettenmoors. Since they made the reaver creeps free the ettenmoors on the imladris server have been overrun by them. I agree with most instances not being available to free to play people like me but why can't the ettenmoors be a quest pack or an expansion. All parts of Middle earth besides instances and skirmishes should be open to all, or at least be a quest pack. Please consider my request and tell me why the ettenmoors aren't free (or a quest pack).

Re: EttenMoors VIP?

The reason for VIP-only 'Moors is simple: There would be no reason to be VIP, if it would be a quest pack. And for Turbine a VIP is better then a premium or free player, because it pays regularily. Opening up the reaver is only a carrot on a stick to be VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerane View Post
    The reason for VIP-only 'Moors is simple: There would be no reason to be VIP, if it would be a quest pack. And for Turbine a VIP is better then a premium or free player, because it pays regularily. Opening up the reaver is only a carrot on a stick to be VIP.
    This.

I recently let my sub lapse, to see what I'd be missing if I went Premium. It wasn't much. A few skirms and freep moors was about it(as my toon was already leveled and geared and I hate leveling so another alt would make me cry). All the zones, instances and skirmishes can be purchased with TP. Should Turbine allow players to purchase the moors with TP, they would lose a large chunk of VIP money. Especially after the threads that would pop up, telling how you could get everything a VIP has for the cost of *insert low number here* months worth of sub.

We need MORE reasons to be VIP, not less.

There are tons of people who remain VIP that do not PvMP. In fact the majority of VIPs probably don't PvMP, so I don't see a problem with offering Freep PvMP a la cart. It's just an additional revenue stream from people like me who don't like subscribing, but have no problem dropping money in the store for perm unlocks.

I hate playing creep side, so at this point I'd even be happy with access to the ettenmoors being sold in monthly chunks, for like 3-500TP a pop.

Most people in my kin are VIP only because it grants access to the moors. If moors went questpack, I would be dropping my sub the next hour.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

This thread is so full of win it's plain silly..

To say that Ettenmoors is the only reason for being VIP pretty much goes against almost any reasoning. Do you really think that the people who are paying for VIP are doing it only for PvMP? If that's the case, how come Turbine isn't focusing more on the PvMP aspect of LoTRO and less on the PVE aspect?

Never the less, now that they've opened up creepside for F2P I can't see why they couldn't open up freepside as well. In fact I'd say there's a fairly big chance they will eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Spordo View Post
    This thread is so full of win it's plain silly..

To say that Ettenmoors is the only reason for being VIP pretty much goes against almost any reasoning. Do you really think that the people who are paying for VIP are doing it only for PvMP? If that's the case, how come Turbine isn't focusing more on the PvMP aspect of LoTRO and less on the PVE aspect?

Never the less, now that they've opened up creepside for F2P I can't see why they couldn't open up freepside as well. In fact I'd say there's a fairly big chance they will eventually.
    Every VIP has their own reasons for it. Some for the ease of use, some for the ability to pay $10/m rather than $75 or whatever in one lump sum(rent a center couch for $4k over the course of 2 years instead of $1500 at one time? ), some for the Moors. I'm sure there's other reasons as well. So the Moors is hardly the only reason, but it is A reason, and a fairly large one.

They opened up creepside for F2P as a carrot on a stick with the hopes that it would balance population issues and entice F2P players to go VIP to get their freeps out there. That's my thoughts, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alareck View Post
    Okay, i know that this game is mostly fair to those who don't have VIP but I cannot believe you have to be VIP only to enter the ettenmoors. Since they made the reaver creeps free the ettenmoors on the imladris server have been overrun by them. I agree with most instances not being available to free to play people like me but why can't the ettenmoors be a quest pack or an expansion. All parts of Middle earth besides instances and skirmishes should be open to all, or at least be a quest pack. Please consider my request and tell me why the ettenmoors aren't free (or a quest pack).
    Turbine discussed the decision to leave Freep access VIP only in an interview. The reason that there is no Free or Premium option is that Turbine does not feel there any economic value in such an offer. I get the impression Turbine feels that a region pack would reduce their revenues.

When you stop to think about the math, it makes sense. The current offer is - rent the moors for 10 - 15 dollars a month. Versus a one time payment of maybe 15 dollars because 15 dollars is all the customers will put up with. A fair price would be 10,000 - 15,000 Turbine Points - 100 -150 dollars. Nobody going to pay those prices. Everybody is going to complain about greedy Turbine. It will not be offered.

Like all other businesses - if a product makes sense - it is not offered - it usually because there is a disconnect between what the seller is willing to accept and the buyer is willing to pay.

Another one is that the product would compete with an existing product that generates more money. This is common mechanism of corporate death. Another new company, comes along to sell the new product and wipes the original company out. Since this situation is a monopoly, only Turbine can sell in this market. Turbine does not have to worry about this issue.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Nov 28 2011 at 11:11 AM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

By offering no option for premium freeps to play ettenmoors is insane imo. Even if they did charge 10,000 turbine points, at least it would give players an option. Overall, it's crippling the Ettenmoors part of the game and players lose interest after a couple of weeks reaching lvl 75. For the players who have paid way too much in the store for quest packs, skirms, etc. Most of these would not pay for VIP just for the Ettenmoors part. It's one map after all, and it's mostly overrun with monster players because of their decision for VIP freeps only.

I am VIP and I readlly dont care about for PvMP, I am VIP becaue I like the extra slots, bags and other game content.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinterman View Post
    By offering no option for premium freeps to play ettenmoors is insane imo. Even if they did charge 10,000 turbine points, at least it would give players an option.
    Turbine does not want to end up like CCP did with Eve Online. CCP sold a monocle for $70.00 - 7,000 Turbine Points. This is the reaction CCP got:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/25/ev...sers-involved/
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

one obvious option is to pay for a daily moors unlock, 500 turbine points would suffice, it'd still make VIP desireable and might even entice some people who decide to try it "just once" to go VIP to get constant access

Im not sure how it is on other servers but on my server freep side has had more numbers so by giving f2p a creep class it may have been a way to try and balance it out some. And o yea if they made freep side f2p then it would be one more reason Id have to drop my VIP and jus go sub.

There must be some way in besides VIP eventually or people that are premium or free to play will get bored and stop playing. And many people are VIP anyways and don't even go to the ettenmoors so i don't think making them open would be such a huge loss, maybe more people would start playing this game if they heard that the ettenmoors were open. And if turbine never makes them free to play so be it because i still love this game, opening the ettenmoors would just give me one more reason to love this game even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alareck View Post
    There must be some way in besides VIP eventually or people that are premium or free to play will get bored and stop playing. And many people are VIP anyways and don't even go to the ettenmoors so i don't think making them open would be such a huge loss, maybe more people would start playing this game if they heard that the ettenmoors were open. And if turbine never makes them free to play so be it because i still love this game, opening the ettenmoors would just give me one more reason to love this game even more.
    If you love the game to that extent, perhaps you'd be willing to share some love (in the form of a subscription which would give you 'moors access in return). Is $10/month (pay for 3 months at a time) really such a hardship?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerane View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised as time goes on that the value of a subscription will pretty much become obsolete and the option is dropped entirely. There's really not much meat left on that bone as it is right now.

For people who want to play PvMP on a freep and are not VIP: I don't really see the problem, I subbed 2 days after I started LotRO, before I even knew what PvMP was. My sub isn't there just for the moors, it's
    1) an easy way to unlock most content and not having to worry about what to unlock and
    2) to show support to the developers who made this great game.

Still, if people can unlock the creepside with premium or even f2p, I think it's only fair that the same would go for the freepside. I'm thinking maybe 1500 tp to unlock the moors on a character of choice. If freep side is VIP only, imo creepside should also be.
    Last edited by Meiriel; Nov 29 2011 at 04:00 PM.

You can't have it both ways.

Either PVMP isn't popular enough to deserve much developer attention and therefore should be made into a quest pack for the small amount of VIP players subbing purely for pvmp rights. It's only fair considering everything else is free2play content. (all pve content is)

or

Pvmp is popular enough that the developers should spend more time working on pvmp as VIP subs from PVMP'ers are significant to the point that Turbine doesen't want to offer a free to play option.

I find it ironic that after years of PVMP neglect due to statements like "pvmpers are a small part of lotro community" that PVMP'ers are not offered a free2play questpack option because suddenly VIP PVMP'ers numbers are significant enough that Turbine would lose money if we ever could buy it outright. (due to the drop in vip subs) It's a pity that PVMP is still neglected despite there being enough money in it to keep PVMP'ers locked out of a free2play. If PVMP subs are so significant wheres the investment in monster play? If we are not significant give us a free2play option. Only fair right?

Quote Originally Posted by Victiswolf View Post
    You can't have it both ways.

Either PVMP isn't popular enough to deserve much developer attention and therefore should be made into a quest pack for the small amount of VIP players subbing purely for pvmp rights. It's only fair considering everything else is free2play content. (all pve content is)

or

Pvmp is popular enough that the developers should spend more time working on pvmp as VIP subs from PVMP'ers are significant to the point that Turbine doesen't want to offer a free to play option.

I find it ironic that after years of PVMP neglect due to statements like "pvmpers are a small part of lotro community" that PVMP'ers are not offered a free2play questpack option because suddenly VIP PVMP'ers numbers are significant enough that Turbine would lose money if we ever could buy it outright. (due to the drop in vip subs) It's a pity that PVMP is still neglected despite there being enough money in it to keep PVMP'ers locked out of a free2play. If PVMP subs are so significant wheres the investment in monster play? If we are not significant give us a free2play option. Only fair right?
    This pretty much says it all.

People keep saying that VIP-only PvMP is to prevent Turbine loosing profits while at the same time, all evidence points to another conclusion, PvMP isn't profitable enough to warrant further development.

That F2P creep-play has been released would indicate that Turbine wants to see if they can make any profit from releasing PvMP as F2P/Premium content.

I stand with my previous statement, unless Turbine decides to invest in some serious development of the PvMP aspect, I would say it won't be long before it's released as quest-packs or whatever.

How about a 7 day ticket for PvMP (freepside only) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombielord View Post
    How about a 7 day ticket for PvMP (freepside only) ?
    They have a 30 day ticket for it; it costs about $15 for the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Opticals View Post
    They have a 30 day ticket for it; it costs about $15 for the month.
    For $10 a month one can get access to all the perks of VIP, PvMP, and a 500TP stipend. I don't think charging 500TP for 30 days of PvMP alone would be too far of a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokomo33 View Post
    For $10 a month one can get access to all the perks of VIP, PvMP, and a 500TP stipend. I don't think charging 500TP for 30 days of PvMP alone would be too far of a reach.
    $10/month (on a 3 month renew) is cash in Turbine's bank account. 500TP is not necessarily, since it's easy to earn that in-game without paying anything. The simple reality is that when Turbine isn't making enough profit (and it's they/WB who decides what that number is, not us), the game will simply disappear. This sense of entitlement some people have is pretty exaggerated.

What about buy VIP for a select amount of time(Maybe a month) and after that month is over, your character still gets access to the Moors?? Accounts that have been VIP in the past would get it as well.

I pretty much creep all the time. I wouldn't sub for it though..
    Lifetime Membership

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast