We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fight Club!

Question Fight Club!

Alright, so.. as you all may have noticed, there has been a huge imbalance in the moors lately. Creeps out with no Freeps, and vice versa. So here's a little proposition; how about we set up some organized fights? I know it's a little unorthidox, but at least it's some action. Both sides can get an even number/balance (as even numbers don't always = balance) and agree on some rules, such as no tracking, blah blah blah. These fights could be hosted on Candy Mountain, and if there's an imbalance, people can switch out on fights. Before I would go about setting this up, I would need some feedback saying that there's those of you that would enjoy doing this I've talked with some creeps (this wasn't my idea actually, 'twas Symph) and there has been some decent feedback, some are interested. What say you all? Please respond and make it clear if you are willing to participate in this or not. I think it would be fun, but I can understand how others would disagree. Thank you, see you out there!
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Thumbs up Re: Fight Club!

I was hoping we could get an even number of creeps and freeps to volunteer for this. Both sides complain that zergs take away the fun of the Moors, so here would be a nice opportunity to have somewhat fair battles. I notice that without npcs to run to, people tend to fight better and not run away. This would mean more infamy/renown for all of us.

Grash, if you get enough people willing to try this #v#, sign me up. =) Creepside, of course.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215010000090e22/signature.png]Symphony[/charsig]

Re: Fight Club!

I've been thinking about this for a while but never figured out how i would go about implementing it. If it goes on definitely count me in (P.S. Grash: I has warg now )
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150100000689dd/signature.png]Shakslath[/charsig]

Even though I am comparatively new and squishy; this sounds interesting. I enjoy a challenge and don't really mind that I cannot yet take an one v one...but group dynamics are another story altogether! Count me in!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150100000c0e34/signature.png]Griznakh[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousTim View Post
    So here's a little proposition; how about we set up some organized fights?
    pardon the interlude, just saw the post and i'd like to contribute a thought or two.

CM GvG fights are certainly an option but there are other out of the way places far from keeps. Bear valley is a favorite of mine, you can start out in the open or claim a rock..ie, king of the mountain.

Group makeup: i'm assuming you want a competitive match so that means you may need more creeps than freeps, especially with low ranks/no bought skills. if one group is wiping with 0-1 kills, they should add 1 or 2 more. Small steps rather than leaps until you get a competitive play through.

Rules: vent for both sides should be considered just to help things run smoothly. Also, a "no run away" rule is assumed. it's a fight to the death. Consider CD usage...everything fair game? or not? less rules the better but I'd suggest taking out any CD's over 5mins.
    good luck ;D
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

I would generally say CDs are fine as long as you come right back into the battle. For example, if I pop Disappear, I will circle around for a few seconds, see where I'm needed, and jump right back in. Just away to get a little aggro off me and make myself able to contribute a little bit more before I die. And no running away, definitely. I also feel that the fewer rules the better, but somethings you do need to get rid of in organized fights. Tracking's a big one, which is why I brought it up. It irks any class that can stealth upset. I'm not just talking wargs. I'm sure if burgs joined in they'd be unhappy if they were tracked by wargs the second the match started. I would like to hear your opinions on that subject as well, guys.

Also, those of you who have posted, please spread the word about this post so we can get more participation. And we need more Freeps!
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

What? an organized battle instead of both sieds mas zerging each oter?impossible. Though i would love to see that and be apart of it getting tired oirial shooting me in the back from the cover of ec though if im alone she will come outside then df me before i can win. but id love that ive only had one real 1 on 1 fight(that ive been alon in and my enemy) and that was vs ludoll on cm hit me up strop on cm we never did finish our 1 on 1 at ta before that passing group of freeps zerged me

yeeeeaa.... no, i mean seriously no tracking? well how about no stealth altogether? i think thatd be best, wargs/burgs are both the cheapest thing ever, i play freep but i think burglars are just as dumb as wargs.... its not even a fight when those classes are involved.

on the other hand i do like the idea of king of the hill or something like that.

^ Burglars make everything imbalanced.
    Chaith - R11 Burglar - Gladden

Tracking doesn't have to be outlawed, I was just using it as an example since it's been something that people have done in past matches like this. All depends on who's playing in the match, they'll decide what to use/not use.

As to the stealth being outlawed, I would say that if you take away stealth from burg and warg they have bery little left. I know that with my warg I try to never start a fight unless I am coming from stealth because of the huge increases in effectiveness of my skills. My burg is still around level 20 but I have already seen the stealth effect on my skills make the difference between losing a fight and winning one. Losing stealth would be little better than outlawing the class. As for rules I would hope to see general "treat others the way you want to be treated" ie. no exploits etc. Would rezzes be allowed? I know they are not balanced freep to creep wise but I'm not sure how we would go about doing that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150100000689dd/signature.png]Shakslath[/charsig]

RE: Stealth...If not allowed then count me out. As said it would in fact be not allowing Burgs and Wargs. As long as the whole thing is close to balanced it sounds good. As with anything it would need tweaking as it goes along; you know about unanticipated results and situations. The whole "you suck" thing needs to be kicked to the curb. This is a good idea waiting to be implemented!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150100000c0e34/signature.png]Griznakh[/charsig]

Announcing a time and place for a large scale battle is fine, but literally fight clubbing in vent is terrible. That very thing has been a problem in the past and will be more lame as time goes on if you start down that road. If you want to balance the scales, stop the flipping. Stick to a side and let the numbers even themselves out. We have a good pvmp population, but the tide seems to change from one side to another, back and forth all day. There's no real need for vent debates on what's fair and who should do what. Pick a day and time and everyone shows up on their highest ranked toon. If it's a total mismatch, get more people, or ask a few to swap out in fights. Always try to balance your battles out so they continue on and everyone wins.
    [i]"And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000005eb/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyD View Post
    Announcing a time and place for a large scale battle is fine, but literally fight clubbing in vent is terrible. That very thing has been a problem in the past and will be more lame as time goes on if you start down that road. If you want to balance the scales, stop the flipping. Stick to a side and let the numbers even themselves out. We have a good pvmp population, but the tide seems to change from one side to another, back and forth all day. There's no real need for vent debates on what's fair and who should do what. Pick a day and time and everyone shows up on their highest ranked toon. If it's a total mismatch, get more people, or ask a few to swap out in fights. Always try to balance your battles out so they continue on and everyone wins.
    Unfortunately, a large number of higher ranked Creeps has either started freeping more/playing less or altogether stopped playing. I would rather do your suggestion Aerg, but I don't seen things ever being balanced that way, and one side quitting after one or two fights. This is just a suggestion for some casual fights. Sure, I could solo all day long and pick off stragglers from the Freep raid, but I like to group, it's more fun that way. I'm not in it for the infamy (though it is a nice bonus ). I also want to help the new Creeps learn and want to keep playing, but when they're repeatedly roflstomped by a Freep raid, or on the reverse, have no Freeps to fight/have to camp EC, things get stale and people get frustrated and lose interest. I'm trying to suggest an alternative to that, every once and a while. I'm not saying Freep raids are bad, either. You guys have every right to bring what you've got. However, be aware that while the Creep population may have grown, it's rank ratio has decreased. There are very few rank 6+ Creeps now that are there regularly, whereas there's a surpluss of Freavers. I've got nothing against new players, and I love reavers, but when 70% of the Creeps are all the same, low ranked class, it hurts us. Also, keep in mind many of the new Creeps have never leveled a Freep much past 40, if even to that level. This means they lack game experience, and are not only learning a new class as they're thrown into pvp, but they're learning a new game as well. And with many getting frustrated and leaving, and being replaced by new Creeps, I don't see things progressing very quickly.

And again, no need to talk about what would be "outlawed" until the actual match. That will be decided by those there. Talking about rules now just discourages people from joining.

Your points are all valid, and I am very willing to participate. My only suggestion is to leave out the vent and "fight clubbing". Just post a day, time, place, and many will show up. Get a head count when you get there and start with even numbers. (maybe start with 12v12 and let the others do small group fights) Whoever loses can bring in another or drop one from the winning team. From there, I think more people will get the idea of what good fights can be all the time. Organized 1v1,2v2,3v3 etc. can all happen with a simple post here on the forums and/or an in-game tell.
    [i]"And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000005eb/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Your points are all valid, and I am very willing to participate. My only suggestion is to leave out the vent and "fight clubbing". Just post a day, time, place, and many will show up. Get a head count when you get there and start with even numbers. (maybe start with 12v12 and let the others do small group fights) Whoever loses can bring in another or drop one from the winning team. From there, I think more people will get the idea of what good fights can be all the time. Organized 1v1,2v2,3v3 etc. can all happen with a simple post here on the forums and/or an in-game tell.

I like this idea and I would be excited to participate. It would certainly help us in training our new reavers(if we can keep them under control).

To clarify, I mentioned using vent to help organize the fight. Don't get too worked up on having identical numbers. Its obvious that a glory champ, fire RK, mini would have little problem with 3 freavers.

Do people run in small groups here? I have a R5+ creep I could transfer.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

Wink Re: Fight Club!

i try and run in small groups but everytime i do freeps single my group out and zerg them first, only time i use a samm group is when us creeps got ta or were at grams, open field combat is a mabye, but i do small grops me a warg and a ba are a killer team(literally hehe) but a small group of creeps vs a small group of freeps creeps will lose but with my team we will take two of them with us if were good

Quote Originally Posted by couillon View Post
    To clarify, I mentioned using vent to help organize the fight. Don't get too worked up on having identical numbers. Its obvious that a glory champ, fire RK, mini would have little problem with 3 freavers.

Agreed. Even numbers don't always mean an even fight. By adding one to the losing team or dropping one from the winning team, you should even out quickly. Also, everyone should show up on their highest ranked toons, unless of course you really need another healer. It's a pity so many of the ranked creeps on Imladris don't play anymore, but if the new guys will stay their course and work together, they will be very able to fend off freeps soon enough.

Several stay in small groups or solo until the opponent starts zerging. Some wish to raid up as soon as they enter the moors, but in my opinion the small group play is the most fun. Raids can tend to get lazy, not use half their skills, and never get better at playing their class.
    Last edited by WoodyD; Nov 30 2011 at 10:07 AM.

Agreed. Even numbers don't always mean an even fight. By adding one to the losing team or dropping one from the winning team, you should even out quickly. Also, everyone should show up on their highest ranked toons, unless of course you really need another healer. It's a pity so many of the ranked creeps on Imladris don't play anymore, but if the new guys will stay their course and work together, they will be very able to fend off freeps soon enough.

Several stay in small groups or solo until the opponent starts zerging. Some wish to raid up as soon as they enter the moors, but in my opinion the small group play is the most fun. Raids can tend to get lazy, not use half their skills, and never get better at playing their class.
    Claps* Claps* see thats what i mean thats the ticket there are a couple of us new guys coming up in pvmp, im a raid leader( a very succesful one i might add) but there is no way im gonna get a raid of 12 creeps to atack 3 freeps inside ta or where ever tehy are yet time and ime agin ive seen my feoolw creeps do it. (Ex: Hey guys zannah meriammon and langadel are in hh lets get tehm x for invite we need all of you to come here.) reallly? really? really? you need all those creeps to try and nerf some freeps that is what annoys me sometimes in the moors though if we have a fair number and so do they i willl go and try a small gruop fight...only to get zerged by those freeps coming from the rez spot.

Quote Originally Posted by couillon View Post
    It would be much easier to just make a new creep here and rank it to 5 in a week or two, rather than pay $25 to move your other creep. I'd say it's really not worth transferring most of the time, but especially if you're below rank 8. New creeps with experience would definitely be welcome, especially those that lead raids well I've been stuck doing it lately. I think I do ok, but there's definitely better leaders out there, and I don't enjoy leading very much It's just that the few people with experience left on our server hate it more than I do *glares at Gurakhar*.

If you guys are interested in making this fight club or fight night or whatever you want to call it, please say so. We only have about 3 creeps so far, and no freeps actually saying they want to, unless I can count you Aerg.

Arrow Re: Fight Club!

I will also join, im an ok raid leader as ive led quite a few(till freeps come and ruin it)and think i do quite well at it. i do less with more.
    (more with less lol)

Im also in with Greenie or Nubhealer!

I would like to lead a raid, but i must do it with Greenie, because if you are leading it and you are main healer is quite difficoult. Also, you found a lot of freavers in this days, most of them dont listen, remember when a freaver took a relic and didn't know where to get it(we had to explain him), or one getting killed by misadventure(carrying a relic too). My PC, is having troubles and my laptop is laggy, that's a problem too, and i dont have a mic. Still, someday i hope to lead a raid.
    Most of creeps say we need ''focused fire'', and the ironic is that they say it when they are solo or not in main group, i mean, it's like you have to call 'TARGET xxxxxxx' in OOC and he was probably gone and then say we are stupid and that's why freeps always win. I think creeps need to be more in group and if there's no healers they MUST log their defiler/WL and heal and don't stay with their main(that's why i made Nub but i couldn't use him too much though).

Cya, and hope to see you all in moors!

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousTim View Post
    If you guys are interested in making this fight club or fight night or whatever you want to call it, please say so. We only have about 3 creeps so far, and no freeps actually saying they want to, unless I can count you Aerg.

Announce it and they will come.

Yes Greenie, I would definitely like to see more ranked healers. I have tons of fun playing my Warg, but in the interest of helping you all out I find myself having to switch to Warleader more and more often. I want more healers so I can play my Warg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast