We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Deed Tracker Spreadsheet Available Here (Riders of Rohan compliant!)

Latest version here (ignore all other threads). *Riders of Rohan Compliant*

Macro => http://rapidshare.com/files/32514623..._RoR363m_a.xls

Non-macro => https://rapidshare.com/files/1157185...33_NMFinal.xls *this version only reflects up to Great River - sorry!*

Changes in latest (macro) version.
    363 virtue-giving deeds
    Added the Elusive "Boar-hunter of the Eastemnet"
    Apparently pointless moving of deeds from one tab to another now reflected (thank you SO much Turbine)
    New deeds in Moria Central Halls added (Quests of Nud Melek, Quests of Zelem Melek, Discovering Adventures in Zelem Melek)
    Changed the code to try and speed up "select all" and "deselect all" buttons. Not sure if it's any quicker though.

Still to do.
    Some trait values are estimates. If you find discrepancies between what my sheet says and what the game says, let me know. Unfortunately changes implemented in Great River mean it is no longer possible for me to look up the trait values for levels that I don't have (ie that I have already passed)

Comments appreciated, positive or otherwise.
    Last edited by GreyArea1966; Apr 28 2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Update
    Monkshood L75 Loremaster, author of the Deed Tracker spreadsheet available here: [url]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?431937-Deed-Tracker-Spreadsheet[/url].

Re: Deed Tracker Spreadsheet

Some of the errors have been there since before ROI. I'll try to dig up my deed notes for my champion. i don't remember finiding error in Moria, but i do remember finding one or two in the lower end zones.

Post Re: Deed Tracker Spreadsheet

Not sure about pre-Moria errors...I used to be able to get my sheet and my main toon (who had done all the deeds) to match exactly all the way up to pre-ROI.

Current Moria errors are pretty obvious...click on "Set Rewards" and you'll see on the left some of the deeds are claiming to give up to five virtues...but on the right claim only one or two - and within the "grouped" deeds seem to repeat sometimes...so is that really +1 Innocence and then another +1 Innocence, or is it just an error? No way of knowing which is correct unless you do a "before and after" comparison, which is a bit impossible for my main toon (who has done all the deeds).
    Monkshood L75 Loremaster, author of the Deed Tracker spreadsheet available here: [url]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?431937-Deed-Tracker-Spreadsheet[/url].

Version ROI303a now available for download.
    Last edited by GreyArea1966; Nov 24 2011 at 04:54 AM.

New version 310a uploaded. Note no "BETA" on this one, as I finally think I've put all the post-ROI jiggery-pokery to bed.

May be coincidence, but right after downloading and viewing the spreadsheet, I was hit with a pseudo-virus checker. Blocking access to Task Manager so will have to do a complete wipe,

Follow up below: (summary, not sure my malware was from this download)
    Last edited by Ascus2; Nov 27 2011 at 07:10 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001111ac/01000/signature.png]Luteman[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ascus2 View Post
    May be coincidence, but right after downloading and viewing the spreadsheet, I was hit with a pseudo-virus checker. Blocking access to Task Manager so will have to do a complete wipe,
    I've been developing this sheet for over two years now, it has been downloaded in it's various versions by over 500 people according to Rapidshare, and you are the first person to ever have a problem.

There is no code in the sheet (actually I could make it a lot easier to use by including some visual basic, but I decided not to because of people's concerns when they have to activate macros), so I am 100% sure that your problem is indeed a coincidence. I would be very grateful if you could post back here when this does in fact turn out to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyArea1966 View Post
    I've been developing this sheet for over two years now, it has been downloaded in it's various versions by over 500 people according to Rapidshare, and you are the first person to ever have a problem.

There is no code in the sheet (actually I could make it a lot easier to use by including some visual basic, but I decided not to because of people's concerns when they have to activate macros), so I am 100% sure that your problem is indeed a coincidence. I would be very grateful if you could post back here when this does in fact turn out to be the case.
    Followup:

There is no doubt that the spreadsheet is the last thing that was downloaded before being bombarded by the fake "Vista Antivirus 2012" program. I have completely refreshed my system.

I have also downloaded the spreadsheet onto a isolated linux system and do not see how the spreadsheet itself would spread the trojan. Still not sold on the delivery method being safe though since this is OS targeted Malware This spreadsheet also could have been simply a trigger that set off a latent trojan, which seems to be the MO for the fake Antivirus malware. With your low post count, I decided to warn first.

The spreadsheet has some useful information on in and I thank you for you hard work collecting it. I doubt you would put that much effort into a spreadsheet just to deliver a virus. I do recommend the spreadsheet and will give you +Rep for it, but to anyone downloading it, be careful.
    Last edited by Ascus2; Nov 27 2011 at 07:15 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001111ac/01000/signature.png]Luteman[/charsig]

Low post count is a combination of personal circumstances and a migration from EU servers...I was much busier when it was Codemasters.

I have no wish to start a flame war, but I do feel your posts have a flavour of "damned by faint praise". I'm not an expert on malware and security systems, so will have to take your comments on trust...I honestly have no idea if there are threats out there waiting for people to download an Excel spreadsheet before attacking the system. My question would be..."How do they know?"

There's no virus, trojan or code of any sort in my sheet. I've gone as far as I can to make it as "dumb" as possible whilst still providing the functionality I intended. I've scanned it with every virus and spyware checker I know of and it comes up clean.

On the flip side, thank you very much for keeping my thread at the top of the forum. As Oscar Wilde said, "The only thing worse than being talked about, is NOT being talked about."

Very useful tool, thank you! The flip side has worked out nicely, I hadn't known about its existence until this thread got to the first page.

Personally, I haven't had any problems with downloading, opening and filling in your spreadsheet.

If I may venture a suggestion, it lacks one more thing to be perfect (or I haven't yet found it): a virtue planner (similar to the one that was implemented in the burgzerg planner), which would allow playing around with virtues without ticking all rows in the first sheet, i.e. separating the actually completed deeds and the target virtue values. If I missed this tool in your spreadsheet, please point me in the correct direction.
    Last edited by Arachnella; Nov 27 2011 at 08:05 AM.
    [size=1][I][COLOR="Cyan"]Spiders in V1[/COLOR][/I] [B]Pre-B13[/B]: 8-legged menace. [B]B13[/B]: 8-legged bait. [B]B14[/B]: 8-legged trap... no more! [B]B15/MoM[/B]: 8-legged *splat!* [I]
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Spiders in V2[/COLOR][/I] [B]B7[/B]: We cope. [B]B8[/B]: FotM? [B]B9[/B]: 8-legged menace. [I]
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Spiders in V3[/COLOR][/I] [B]B3[/B]: Mourning for my hatchlings.[/size]

Looks nice. I'll have to try it out a little later today. Going to take some time going through the deed log checking the completed ones. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnella View Post
    it lacks one more thing to be perfect (or I haven't yet found it): a virtue planner (similar to the one that was implemented in the burgzerg planner),
    You can of course select up to any five virtues, so you can see (for example) the effect that replacing Wisdom with Tolerance would have on your current character once you have filled in all the relevant deeds. You can click to select virtues on either the first or second sheet (they are linked together so that clicking either one will also change the other), and the graph to the right will update automatically.

Or, do you mean you would like a sort of "What if?" Tool...so changing your Confidence from 8 to 9 to see what the effect would be? I could have a look at that certainly...if you mean something different let me know.

Or, do you mean you would like a sort of "What if?" Tool...so changing your Confidence from 8 to 9 to see what the effect would be? I could have a look at that certainly...if you mean something different let me know.
    Yes, that's what I meant: looking at the effects of virtue levels regardless of the already completed deeds. That would add a predictive value to your tool and make it even more useful, I think (from my point of view).
    Last edited by Arachnella; Nov 27 2011 at 09:43 AM.
    [size=1][I][COLOR="Cyan"]Spiders in V1[/COLOR][/I] [B]Pre-B13[/B]: 8-legged menace. [B]B13[/B]: 8-legged bait. [B]B14[/B]: 8-legged trap... no more! [B]B15/MoM[/B]: 8-legged *splat!* [I]
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Spiders in V2[/COLOR][/I] [B]B7[/B]: We cope. [B]B8[/B]: FotM? [B]B9[/B]: 8-legged menace. [I]
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Spiders in V3[/COLOR][/I] [B]B3[/B]: Mourning for my hatchlings.[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnella View Post
    Yes, that's what I meant: looking at the effects of virtue levels regardless of the already completed deeds. That would add a predictive value to your tool and make it even more useful, I think (from my point of view).
    Should be something I can add. Won't be for a while though, I'm away for a week or so.

New version 310a uploaded. Note no "BETA" on this one, as I finally think I've put all the post-ROI jiggery-pokery to bed.
    You, my good Grey, are a rock star. Quite a bit of work there. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I was just working on some deeds thinking-I wish I had some kind of idea what this all was going to pay off for.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

I was getting a bit worried about shrinking numbers in LOTRO. Earlier versions of my spreadsheet had about 250 downloads, the ROI versions seemed stuck at 16.

With all the chat back and forth, we're now at 63. It's not as good as it was, but not QUITE as alarming as I thought.

I suspect that two main reasons for the seemingly unresponsive audience are the force of habit, and lack of awareness.

Taking myself as an example, for a very long time I was using the burgzerg's virtue planner only, as it answered perfectly to my needs, and didn't even bother to look for something else. I was aware that it was getting more and more out of date, but the convenience, and habit, was too large benefit for me. I suspect that, hadn't I spotted your thread bumped up, I wouldn't have known about your tool for a long time yet...

Thank you for your efforts.

This will be of great assistance tracking through the changes to my warden's traits.

Leg-en-dary!

An excellent resource, thanks for putting in the effort and making it available to us.

I was sad to see Burgzerg not updated, and I'm glad you've made this available OP. Thank you!
    Relax, it's only just a string of 1s and 0s.

*Updated*

New "What if" function added to "Effects" page as suggested by Arachnella. Should be self explanatory (I've added cell comments to guide users) but if it causes anyone problems let me know.
    Last edited by GreyArea1966; Dec 03 2011 at 04:20 AM.

I just downloaded the spreadsheet, and no warning bells/whistles went off!

Thanks so much for providing this - I know it took a long time. Just curious - were there any additions from ROI?

Montras
    . Montras (Main - Hunter 95); Goswen (Minstrel - 95): Monntras (Captain - 21) ; Amtu (Black Arrow R8) Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle

Quote Originally Posted by MaestroJack View Post
    Just curious - were there any additions from ROI?
    *Shudder*. Honestly I'd rather not talk about it . Whole new region (Dunland), but also deeds moved to different tabs, whole sets of deeds locked off to new players, new deeds put in to replace them...it was a nightmare to sort out!

New version uploaded, corrected error on Effects page that was still using the old 10 maximum instead of 12.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

May I venture a couple more suggestions?

1. Is it possible to add a "Tick All" option on the first Worksheet? With the amount of deeds over 300 and high level characters it may get easier to untick the ones they haven't done than to tick 200+ checkboxes...

2. The "what if" option is very good. But it would be even better if we might actually compare the results of the current trait setup with the "what if" setup -- it would be really helpful to see what will get changed if I, say, decide to trait Zeal 11 instead of Fidelity 12 (something like that). Having two columns (for the current effects and for the what-if effects) would be even more helpful. Possibly even three columns for lazy people (current, what-if, and loss/gain).
    Last edited by Arachnella; Dec 05 2011 at 02:00 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast