We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Haruchai and The Elohim

Ok, so I'm horrible at advertising. We were founded in June '07 and this was only my second post on the Lotro Forums. Sigh... So here we go.

The Haruchai and The Elohim was formed late one night because I couldn't find a kin that was doing what I needed at the time. The whole reason The Haruchai and The Elohim exists is because I felt a Kinship should work together and help each other as much as possible.

Because I don't advertise, membership used to be kinda bouncy. Most of our kin invites came after fellowing. A good majority of those were invited by me personally back in the day. With our current group of officers getting their fingers into all aspects of middle-earth our membership is pretty strong right now.

Let me get this out of the way now before I go any further. We are not a raiding kin, we are merely a kin that likes to raid. That being said, we try to do Runs for whatever people need. Friday and Saturday nights are usually devoted to 12-man content though so getting a group for a daily 3 or 6 man wouldn't be as easy on a Friday or Saturday as would on another day of the week. Not always the case though. We've hit all the 12-man content in one night before and usually when we get done 12-man stuff we break off into 3 and 6 mans for a couple quick runs before bed.

We don't have any strict rules. We're very relaxed. We don't kick players just cause they haven't played in a while. We only ask that members be willing to help out every now and then. Most of Our officers play daily and are pretty well versed in most areas of the game. We have no specific criteria for joining. Just ask. We'd like to get more experienced players but we welcome rookies with open arms as well. We do have somewhat strict guidelines for officers that we review on a fairly frequent basis. We want the best possible people being kin representatives.

Yes we have vent
    Yes we have a kinhouse
    Yes we have a site http://www.haruelo.com(*NEW AND IMPROVED Yet AGAIN :P*(6th iteration, rofl))

We're willing to help out with just about anything anytime as long as we don't have previous commitments.

Although we used to struggle due to numbers, we still did great because we have a lot of experience behind us. I've helped out so many people over the years that I've personally collected knowledge from almost all areas/instances/quests and continue to do so.

We have Several masters of every Craft that only need mats and They'll make whatever you want. I myself have one that's kindred with crafting guild of every profession.

We don't like drama. I had to make a tough choice of coaxing a long time friend to leave because he had a penchant for starting drama.

To Sum it up, we try to offer a little something for everybody. One of my biggest things that I try to portray most of all to the kin is that it is OUR Kin not any one person's Kin and as such, any member has the right to change something that's wrong.

As a sidebar, I personally have not had the amount of time I'd like to spend with the kin. In January of 2012 I took a 6-month Hiatus in which time Eluros stepped into the leadership role. All was well until I came back and Eluros ran into the same kind of RL issue that I did. The leadership was passed to Haugola in July and all has been well since. I still play play a very active role in the officer team both on our site and in-game when time allows it, but at this juncture Haugola is the best man for the job. That being said, our entire officer team work well together and communicate often to bring swift and just resolution to any issue that may arise.

Sorry for being Long-winded. Maybe that's why I don't advertise.
    Last edited by tssatt2; Dec 06 2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: accuracy and updates
    [FONT=Arial][COLOR=white] [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000239bb/01001/signature.png]Tssatt[/charsig]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=lime]Toltssatt[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow] [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]Tssattoo[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=lime]Pipboy[/COLOR][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]Mittenlas[/COLOR][COLOR=white] [COLOR=lime]Tssattattatt[/COLOR] [COLOR=lime]Frankfurter[/COLOR] [COLOR=Lime]BadgerX3[/COLOR] [COLOR=Lime]Chuckchuckitychuck Thabeesh Ensignricky[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Re: The Haruchai and The Elohim

Good luck! I've quested with a few members, and they are always a pleasant bunch.

I just never understood the name. Any specific meaning?
    [COLOR="Red"][I][CENTER]Dwoir - 65 - Guardian
    Halfric - 65 - Warden
    Swifty and Hammo - Arkenstone
    [/CENTER][/I][/COLOR]

You guys are some of the best people i've played with. Great people, great kin!

Quote Originally Posted by O03 View Post
    I just never understood the name. Any specific meaning?
    I'm curious too. Haruchai are the Blood-Sworn in the Thomas Covenant novels and Elohim is another name for God inthe Old Testament. Never have been able to combine those two concepts in my little brain though.

Don't be put off by tssatt's terrible post :P We love to raid things. Most of our level 50's raid actively. Many of us also do PvMP. We do tons of other runs as well. But being a casual kin means its not a requirement, that's all.

The Elohim are mentioned briefly in the first chronicles of Thomas Covenant and play a much larger role in the second chronicles. They are immensely powerful, yet somewhat fey, spirits, said to be composed of pure Earthpower, the "magic" of those books. They refer to themselves as the spirits of the earth or the power of the earth, and believe that there is no purpose higher than their own.

Thanks for the kind words Bav.

I personally don't spend much time in the moors. Lot's of our members do, but I don't. My highest rank out of all my toons is 3. I'm prolly gonna go in the moors a bit more with my burg and when I get my LM finally gets up.

And I'm glad to see someone besides me reads once in a while. There are a lot of similarities between LOTR and the Thomas covenant series, so I thought it suiting. To be closer to the lore I could have called the kin "The Stonedowners and The Woodhelvenen", but "The Haruchai and The Elohim" just sounds better. And yes I know that Elohim is also the hebrew word for God but that Donaldson's doing not mine.
    [FONT=Arial][COLOR=white] [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000239bb/01001/signature.png]Tssatt[/charsig]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=lime]Toltssatt[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow] [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]Tssattoo[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=lime]Pipboy[/COLOR][COLOR=white] [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]Mittenlas[/COLOR][COLOR=white] [COLOR=lime]Tssattattatt[/COLOR] [COLOR=lime]Frankfurter[/COLOR] [COLOR=Lime]BadgerX3[/COLOR] [COLOR=Lime]Chuckchuckitychuck Thabeesh Ensignricky[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Great kin, grouped with Velrond and Tssatt many times years ago. Okay, maybe not years but seems like it!

zomg hai guys

Thanks Sael. Yes it has been a long time. The last time that I actually fellowed with you is the night that you, Fraedrick and Tarthaliondor went to GoG. I know Velrond has fellowed with you since then but I haven't. That was a very long time ago. For the longest while after that night, Velrond and I missed you guys a lot. You guys were always a good time. I still have a screenie of us all in BG sitting on Castelledan's throne. Those were the days. Thanks for bringing back some great memories. /bow
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

aww.. post a screenie?

Since I haven't seen Velrond post on lotro boards, tell him Sael gives him a big *KISS*.

Here's that screenie Sael. Took me a while to dig it up. I've got some better ones somewhere but this'll do.

[/COLOR][/FONT]

ohh emm gee, hai!

I think it's time to give myself a bump.

As you may have noticed, Sael has joined us. Looking forward to working with her more once she starts playing lotro a bit more often again. We certainly would enjoy the company of others as experienced as her.

Lately we've all had a little bit of alt-itis. This is starting to give us a lot more flexibility group-wise, but it would still be nice to increase our numbers. Site activity is way down since I haven't been scheduling anything. Rift is just first come first serve on Saturady nights and any other time is majority rules suggestions. We're becoming closer as a total community because of this.

If you'd like to join or come with us on a run to meet some of us, send me a mail in-game.

Have Fun,
    Tssatt
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

I just wanted to post in here and say-- what a great kinship!

With my main (Eluros), I was in the North Downs at about level 35, having some difficulty with... Dol Dinen, I believe. I asked for help on the LFF channel, and one of level 50 officers in tHatE offered to give me a hand. After playing with me, they told me that they really enjoyed the group, and welcomed me into the kinship. I wasn't sure about it, but I decided to join anyways, and have been there ever since-- been about 6 months now, if I recall correctly, and I'm confident that I've picked the best kin for my personal needs.

There was another point when I was on an alt with a friend (neither my alt nor my friend were a member of tHatE) about to do 1.11, and we posted in the LFF channel. Tsatt himself happened to be in Bree at the time, and offered to help us, not knowing that I was a member of the kin on the main, but merely knew that we were two people needing a hand.

I've found that the kinship as a whole is really friendly and helpful. I try to help back when I can, but truth be told, I don't know how I can compete with some of these people who are always on. It's been a lot of fun, and I've really enjoyed raiding and etcetera with them. I particularly enjoy the crazy discussions we've had on the kin chat channel, everything from obscure Gollum LoTR references/quotes in the books to... well, you'd need to be there to get it.

If anyone is looking for a great kinship and would like to learn more, feel free to post or contact anyone in the game-- my main, Eluros, would be happy to answer any questions you've got. Thanks!

Oh, by the way... I'm making this post without Tsatt's official endorsement or anything, so whatever he says trumps whatever I say.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Lime]Have Questions? Get the Answers Here![/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Green][I]The Answers to Your Questions Thread![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?335135-Answers-to-Your-Questions[/URL][/SIZE]
    [I]I'm the leader of [URL="http://haruelo.com"]The Haruchai and the Elohim[/URL], an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
    Contact me if interested in a fun Arkenstone kin.[/I] :)
    [/CENTER]

lol, you don't need any endorsments from me. Like I've said time and time again, this is OUR kin, not MINE. I just have a title. I like to think of my self as a facilitator not a king.

In case anyone is wondering what the H-E- double hockey stick is going on with the site, I'm trying to sort out some shenanegans right now between the Raid site and the public site. I just need to get off my lazy duff and do it.
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

zomg slacka! <3

A bump for these fine folks.

We very much appreciate the bump; thank you kindly!

*Looking forward to getting my video card fixed so I can go a'raiding*
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Lime]Have Questions? Get the Answers Here![/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Green][I]The Answers to Your Questions Thread![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][URL]http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?335135-Answers-to-Your-Questions[/URL][/SIZE]
    [I]I'm the leader of [URL="http://haruelo.com"]The Haruchai and the Elohim[/URL], an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
    [/CENTER]

*blows kiss*

Pleased to say I got a video card, at last, to replace my old one, so I'm back in business and looking forward to doing more kin stuff!

The Moors were insane tonight... Bronweg was there, but hopped on too late, unfortunately.
    [/CENTER]

How's it going guys and gals? I've been busy raiding and leveling alts in that "other game."

It's been going good Sael, still not up to your level of expertise though ;p We won't chastise you for playing that "other" game. You'll be back! They always come back!
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

lol you guys would run circles around me in Middle Earth, I'm a total n00b. Only things I remember how to do is jump around the Bree AH nekkid and blowing kisses to everyone.

hewwo? nebody home?

Found my way to the the AH roof! Don't think I will ever come down...

Yes, we're home Sael, we just have the TV on so loud we can't hear ya knocking.

Bree AH is fairly easy. Try for the Taxidermist roof or the town hall roof. It's more funner to up them places. Now on to my next trick... Trying to find a way on top of the prancing pony....

Conway Bumpus for all you SCUMM fans.
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast