We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Did you just deleted my characters for INACTIVENESS ???

I took a break last year and I came back this year in January... I saw my characters deleted....!!! After I though not to return to Turbine anymore, but when I heart about LOTRO Rise of Isegard I just returned... and that was last week. From last week I am trying to find my old characters! I made new 1 yesterday, but still the name of my old character was taken... Surprisingly I managed to add him as a friend in game... So now i am sure he is in not deleted or deleted mode... don't know. I want my character back!!! I remember I even had 2 characters, cuz I made the 2nd one for crafting. Who deleted my characters? Why would Turbine do that ?!?!?!?

Re: Did you just deleted my characters for INACTIVENESS ???

Quote Originally Posted by Tronix_2 View Post
    I took a break last year and I came back this year in January... I saw my characters deleted....!!! After I though not to return to Turbine anymore, but when I heart about LOTRO Rise of Isegard I just returned... and that was last week. From last week I am trying to find my old characters! I made new 1 yesterday, but still the name of my old character was taken... Surprisingly I managed to add him as a friend in game... So now i am sure he is in not deleted or deleted mode... don't know. I want my character back!!! I remember I even had 2 characters, cuz I made the 2nd one for crafting. Who deleted my characters? Why would Turbine do that ?!?!?!?
    The best thing to do is to send them a ticket in the support section. Trust me they will help you.

OK, I did, it says - 2 business days... ok i will wait 2 days. I only need to know, do i have to delete my new character? And also, as I know, the undelete option for a character costs 19.99 $. IDK if this counts only if players delete it or inactiveness delete or both... If I have to pay... it won't be fair at all, because I just had break.

Did you check all of the different servers, characters created are server specific so if you logged onto a different server you wont see them.
    Votan | Xeyila | Grisburnakh
    Retired - Thanks for the fun and the fights

I'll give the most likely reason unlike the 2 other posts,

Did you transfer your account from codemasters to turbine? If you didn't your chars are gone forever.
    Curuorn, Guardian - Barcode, Warden, leader of Rebirth - Dodar, Reaver - Curuornn, Warleader
    One of the founders of KhaosRogues (R.I.P. Muz, Goor, Lasto), son of Vandalf.
    Withywindle PvMP Videos

Well, I think u got the reason, but then, why are they still in the server? I just clicked "add friend" and it actually worked! well but I just cannot access them. If they are gone, like u are saying, they must have totally disappeared. Then I will agree I missed to transfer it...
    How can a character be on the server without an account ?
    Last edited by Tronix_2; Nov 17 2011 at 05:33 PM.

Because the character data has been transferred. But you had to manually give permission to Codemasters to transfer your personal account data to Turbine, which you apparently did not do - that is sensitive data and therefor cannot be simply shoved to a different company. Sorry, there is no chance anymore to retrieve your old account, the service was closed last week.

There were numerous notifications; still sorry for your loss.

OMG, can't they just delete it, so I can use the same name??? Will this character be like there forever without account???

Unless Turbine purges their ranks, yes.

Are you sure the character with your old name is your character? If you lost your toons due to not transferring from codemasters, someone else could've taken your character names, since they were available. If they are your characters truly, then someone else is playing your old account, which is unlikely without you knowing it.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=white]Kordred - Champ | Koridian - Hunter | Ainulindir - Minstrel | Korlod - Burgler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow]I sense a disturbance in the forums, as if millions of grammar teachers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Vilya - Angarain Erain[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgato View Post
    Are you sure the character with your old name is your character? If you lost your toons due to not transferring from codemasters, someone else could've taken your character names, since they were available. If they are your characters truly, then someone else is playing your old account, which is unlikely without you knowing it.
    Look, I know exactly on what place I left my character and which level is it... There is NO WAY some1 can play with him, nor the other 1. So maybe it will stay without account... He is level 36 in Thorin's Hall (I left him there cuz of crafting). After that time I haven't touched my account. I don't mind starting from the beginning... but only what I mind for is that I must kill the red maid and Ivar again! This is the only reason I want my old characters back! I don't even mind that I went to a lot of skirmishes.

Which server has the most players now?

I sent a ticket to BOTH Turbine and Codemasters asking for my characters. Well let's see what will they say in the next 2 days
    Last edited by Tronix_2; Nov 17 2011 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronix_2 View Post
    OMG, can't they just delete it, so I can use the same name??? Will this character be like there forever without account???
    Turbine cannot delete those characters due to legal reasons.

The point of the transfer of accounts from Codemasters to Turbine is that the player gave Turbine the authority to handle your account and characters. Accounts that haven't been transferred remain under the authority of Codemasters. Codemasters however withdrew from Lotro so they are not looking after those accounts anymore. All those accounts that remain untransferred are in 'sleep-mode' forever.
    So you see that Turbine cannot delete the characters or account because they simply have no authority to do so.

To answer on your question: are they deleted for inactiveness? They are not deleted but they are permanently inaccessible. It isn't for your inactiveness but due to legal reasons. However your inactiveness and the failure of migrating your account is what caused the account to go into slumber.

I am sorry for the loss you went through. If you want to get back into the game. It's fairly easy to get up to 75 again.

Hargorin

It is fine now...thanks for the answer anyways... i wasn't that high level though - 36 isn't a big loss, the big loss for me was that I had killed IVAR and the red maid... only for them I mind ...

Lotro had a migration when they left codemasters? Did u transfer ur chats?
    Maybe domineering broke in?

Wow, extraordinary story!!!

Yeah, Ivar - I know what you mean. I haven't finished him off yet and I'm lvl 43. Oh well, you wanna join a Kin? White Wargs would be pleased to have you. White Warg Society on Withywindle which is a low-populated server. Other than that, I hope you get back into the game and have even more fun than before. Your old character has gone to the everlasting rest in the West, it seems. Peace be upon him. Start afresh and forge your destiny anew!

Cheers
    [COLOR="#FAEBD7"][B]One Must Endure.[/B][/COLOR]

You probably missed the whole CM transferring to Turbine thing, there was about a 6 month window to move your account and transfer your characters to Turbine servers. If you missed this your characters are gone for good, you won't get them back because the CM servers no longer exist and for legal reasons it's all been closed down.

It sucks but I suppose if you were out for a year you would've missed it all, hard luck, man...

-Cal
    Caitlyin, Captain --- Calead, Warden ---Rílaísseth, Champion --- Narthivor, RK --- Unguilant r5 Weaver
    All on Laurelin --- Proud member of Les Adorables

Quote Originally Posted by Calead View Post
    You probably missed the whole CM transferring to Turbine thing, there was about a 6 month window to move your account and transfer your characters to Turbine servers. If you missed this your characters are gone for good, you won't get them back because the CM servers no longer exist and for legal reasons it's all been closed down.

It sucks but I suppose if you were out for a year you would've missed it all, hard luck, man...

-Cal
    Uhmmmm... yeah we kinda like figured that out a month ago or so.
    Curuorn, Guardian - Barcode, Warden, leader of Rebirth - Dodar, Reaver - Curuornn, Warleader
    Withywindle PvMP Videos

Quote Originally Posted by CuruornEU View Post
    Uhmmmm... yeah we kinda like figured that out a month ago or so.
    Nice to see the 'renowned' creeps of Withy supplying interesting, relevant and polite answers.

/sarcasm off

Glad to be leaving this server when it's full of people making comments like this.

-Cal
    Caitlyin, Captain --- Calead, Warden ---Rílaísseth, Champion --- Narthivor, RK --- Unguilant r5 Weaver
    All on Laurelin --- Proud member of Les Adorables

Quote Originally Posted by Calead View Post
    Nice to see the 'renowned' creeps of Withy supplying interesting, relevant and polite answers.

/sarcasm off

Glad to be leaving this server when it's full of people making comments like this.

-Cal
    Glad you're leaving too. That way you won't bump necro'd threads.
    Withywindle PvMP Videos

Its so much hate in Middle-Earth right now...

Seems we are is loosing good players alot these days...
    but good luck on your travels when you move to your new sever Calead

-Meng
    Last edited by Meng0st; Dec 17 2011 at 09:22 PM.

Callie aint going nowhere, where would he get easy renown otherwise? Withy is best place for that it seems this days.

Now i know Edin will reply, i hope he aint gonna pvP when Callie leave. (anyone know this withywindle difference in p and P in pvP ?)