We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Community Participation

What is with community participation here? I have been in a couple of groups/raids that were fun but that is the exception. Yhere seems to be little acceptance of others, no cooperation and overwhelming disdain for others. Should I transfer to another server or what? Maybe the timeframe I use is a factor but I am beginning to get quite disgusted and discouraged...not a good situation for using a game. Let the flames begin on me but it doesn't do a thing for the situation, it exits.

Re: Community Participation

Which side are you playing on? Creep or Freep? I think we have a creep community which is starting to gel quite nicely as evidenced last night where we were able to hold our own for awhile against the Feep horde.

Your concerns are valid. Imladris moors has definitely gone through several evolutions since the server went up. I would describe our current situation as "zerg for pve rank on both sides". Many will wipe the map on their freep or creep, then an hour or so later, the map will be flipped back by the same folks on their other toons. There are no rules against this, but it does make for a rather lame pvp environment. That, along with sabotaged keep takes and other fail strategies, has lead many to stick with those they know. The major aspect before prime time is the 'solo-ability' of Imladris moors. There are a lot of low ranks running around. Many people don't raid up until the creeps do, because they are looking for 1v1s questing. The players I encounter here are friendly but justifiably skeptical. Give it some time. Once people see you around a lot, they will warm up quickly. Send a shout in OOC, we communicate there until the raid forms. If you get ganked, say something. Usually someone will be happy to help you exact a little vengeance.
    [i]"And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000005eb/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I just want to add that I am not fond of people playing both sides but I agree it is done. I only play my creep. I am too lazy to level up and then rank up a freep. But to echo the comments of the above poster, if you are on the freep side, shout out hello in OOC, even type "X" in the chatbox and a group may pick u up. X is our indication we are looking for a group or raid. If you are on the freep side, drop by Grams and give me a wave.

I don't want to be the negative guy here or anything, but there's a few things not to do. I don't know how freeps operate, seems a little bit more group oriented, but here's a creep's perspective. If you show a willingness to learn and pick things up quickly, we'll like you. Make yourself known, but don't spam OOC asking for invites or such. When you log on, go ahead and say something like "Any groups open? x if so". If there's a group, they'll probably invite you, but oftentimes there's not a group, and many people don't seem to understand that and keep asking for invites, which gets on people's nerves. Like Aerg said, due to the big influx of new creeps with little to no pvp experience, taking keeps and all around grouping has gone fairly poorly so the higher ranked creeps like to only invite those they can trust. Prove you know what you're doing and don't troll or get into unnecesarry arguments with people, and you'll start getting invites I'm perfectly fine with new players, but it does get exhausting trying to teach the same things to each new person that comes in (as there's so many now), and gets frustrating seeing the same mistakes over and over no matter how many times you say not to do it (I'm also not the best teacher but I try). Also, caps lock in OOC tends to = you on many people's ignore list. That said, sorry to be so serious, just trying to give some advice, try to have fun out there that's what it should be about.
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

I have to say that time frame seems to definitely play a factor. Yesterday and today the attitude was very flat and non-community at one time....4 hours later was very encouraging and participative. New players ignored ( I am not "new" but very low ranked) and shunned. I do not see "spamming" in the OOC often (I have seen such before). I do not mean to be condemnatory only constructive. You see, if I am going to pay for something I like it to be enjoyable, otherwise I have been "cheated" of my resources, I would rather enjoy the company of "my fellow creeps" than have to find a better time to log on. No I am not lazy, rude, spamming or other such things; just relatively new and can see how even newer players are being treated. The lack of attitude is not a good picture for "noobies". I recognize "Grash" and know you are a friendly player. There are several friendly players but not many. Again this seems to be a time factor not overall. I would like to be a part of a community that welcomes all but if I have to be a "part timer" with no ability to even be a "tribe member" then I say...what server is there that can be? Sorry.

Daniel

I find that 7pm to midnight MDT is the best time for playing if I want good groups or raids. If you see me online, send me a tell and you are more then welcome to run with me. I don't get alot of infamy per night but I have fun. Heck maybe we could start our own tribe for new players.

7 p.m. to midnight seems about right. Also, where you are located is a large factor. If you're in Europe, timing your play sessions might be more difficult as this is a North American server, and the peak times are associated with that. Here's a list of the servers with their region/language.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Servers

Hope that helps. Also, our server is the smallest of them all, so that's probably also a factor. The bigger servers such as Elendilmir and Brandywine would definitely have a lot more going on, but from my experience they tend to be a little elitist, only letting people join groups if they have every map, or are a certain rank, etc.
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Time IS the factor... later today (EST afternoon) was a very good experience. I have been on Imladris since Jan this year but only recently in the Moors. Again, I have had some positive experiences here but can see where many will not be returning "to the moors" because of the cold shoulder treatment at certain time blocks. Thanks for the encouragement, maybe I'll see you around.

I have to say you are right about the cold shoulder you get on here when people see you are low level and/or new. Granted not all of the people are like that but a bunch are. I can see why some of them act like this because you do get some "real winners" out there on the creep side but a lot of them won't give a person a shot or take the time to explain stuff to new players. And I think that is where a lot of the problem stems from. Lucky for me I had someone show me around and took me on a few raids the first time to get me hooked enough to stay. Best advice I can give you is to level up a toon to 10 on some servers and check out the action and attitudes there. Otherwise keep plugging away here and you may find a group of players that fit your play style.