We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Focus Bow critical Multiplier vs Induction Bow critical Multiplier

Which legacy would be better to have on my second age lvl 75 Bow?
    also, is focus bow critical, only active when you use focus?

Re: Focus Bow critical Multiplier vs Induction Bow critical Multiplier

I am under the impression that Focus critical is only used for skills that use focus- ie: penetrating shot and merciful shot; and induction critical is only used for skills that use induction and no focus- ie: heart seeker and swift bow.

So, if you find yourself using more induction skills, then get that crit; or get focus if you use more focus skills.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000266de/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Crickhollow- Erian - Female Hunter
    [INDENT] Woldenskir - Dwarf Guardian[/INDENT]
    [INDENT] Epigaea - Hobbit Minstrel[/INDENT]

Since Focus bow legacy is bugged, I would go with induction.
    Farewell.

Why pick one ?

I personally have both maxed out on my bow. Along with BH damage, but that is jsut my preferance, but one i would strongly recomend.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210000001438d1/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

My warg likes to go WOOF!

No reason not to get them both. probly your 2 most important legacies.
    Dirtluk~r12 Lukdirt~r9 Silencing~r11 Shilowadan~r10

Quote Originally Posted by Fin. View Post
    Since Focus bow legacy is bugged, I would go with induction.
    Bugged? How so?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.

Sorry to go semi-off topic here, but you are guarenteed 3x major legacies... why would you only pick one or the other and not both? there are no other major legacies that are more important for DPSing as a hunter than the 2x crits...

Back on topic, As of right now, I dont know which one I would choose, but with the new raid sets coming out, and the one set subtracting 1 focus from BlA and PS, I would be using 2 more focus shots than Ind shots in my rotation, so I would opt for the focus crit. Now if the focus crit is broken like someone said above, and you dont have a problem doing a bunch of skirms to get GSoE's or have a bunch of TP's to burn, then go with just induction for now until it is fixed, then throw on a Focus one as well...

Bottom line, you need both, I would be surprised if any hunter worth his salt doesnt have both maxed, or at least at the 22.5% (which would still be questionable IMO)
    Elendilmir
    Kinship: [URL="http://e-apex.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=256768&sid=3b8e42d88e54213114e395e1cdd477ae"]Apex[/URL]
    Garcimili - 85 GRD /// Arthilios - 85 HTR /// RonSwanson - Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by Gutzag22 View Post
    Bugged? How so?
    It doesn't apply to Dev hits currently.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000050338/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The two most desirable legaces are (imho) QS Crit & Barbed Arrow Bleed.

On a General Purpose Bow id then get Focus Crit then Induction Crit.
    Hunter & alts on Snowborne since 2007, now on Evernight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheld_GB View Post
    The two most desirable legaces are (imho) QS Crit & Barbed Arrow Bleed.

On a General Purpose Bow id then get Focus Crit then Induction Crit.
    Why?
    I think they're quite useless, quick shot damage is really less effective compared to swift bow or penetrating shot, it's useful just for making some focus...
    I also use barbed arrow bleed legacy but now I don't raise the legacy as I do before RoI, the maximum dot damage you can do is really low compared to swift or penetrating; now I prefer to raise burn hot damage instead of it.

Our class now do it's main damage through critical hits, when you shot 3 or 4 penetrating making 2k-3k critical hits each you can forget every dot imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimred View Post
    Why?Our class now do it's main damage through critical hits
    Debatable- got a parse to back it up? Crits should be less than half of your damage even when at the crit rating cap.

when you shot 3 or 4 penetrating making 2k-3k critical hits each you can forget every dot imho.
    Not true at all.
    Last edited by Agiri; Nov 16 2011 at 03:17 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000050338/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I think the QS legacy is very good now. Not only it goes through cap, which helps alot with focus generation, but it is pretty cheap to rank up too.

Also I still like bleed damage. Remember that critical is now consolidated, so we have high tactical critical chance which influences bleed ticks. Also from tests I did, the bleed scaled pretty well, compared to its damage at 65. It is not hard to see 500 bleed tick crits. On draigoch I had 1k ticks.

Actually the only legacy I have maxed is barbed bleed, rest is at rank 6-7. I can't be bothered with emp scrolls grind when in month I will replace it with 1st age.

I really miss being able to save parses, so often I want to look back at something and I can't :/
    Farewell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fin. View Post
    I think the QS legacy is very good now. Not only it goes through cap, which helps alot with focus generation, but it is pretty cheap to rank up too.

Also I still like bleed damage. Remember that critical is now consolidated, so we have high tactical critical chance which influences bleed ticks. Also from tests I did, the bleed scaled pretty well, compared to its damage at 65. It is not hard to see 500 bleed tick crits. On draigoch I had 1k ticks.

Actually the only legacy I have maxed is barbed bleed, rest is at rank 6-7. I can't be bothered with emp scrolls grind when in month I will replace it with 1st age.

I really miss being able to save parses, so often I want to look back at something and I can't :/
    Ummm... thanks for suggestions, I'll check it out and report some feedback