We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Captain Armour Sets - Current

Armour of the Dagor

Armour of the Menestaid

Armour of the Tognir

As it is on BR

Messed up the sizing but ctrl+mouse scroll can zoom ya in. Sorry.

Thanks to Nanci for the IMs
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

Re: Captain Armour Sets - Current

Wow, just wow.

So it's pretty obvious that there is a DPS, Healing and Tanking set, in that order.

Some other thoughts:

1) Looks like finesse isn't as important, or that that is the decision we make with these sets: Less finesse for awesome set bonuses.
    2) They see that we may be having power problems so they build the bonuses around giving us better power return. Nice.
    3) 3 Dragon + 3 Menestaid will make VS even more godly. Also, we may need to be switching between the 5 set bonuses of each depending on the situation. Healing is looking good.
    4) OMG DPS on the Dagor set. That's not leaving much room at all for using any skills other than DB, BoE and SL with the reduced CD. No need for any more filler skills.
    5) Tanking meant you had to lose the melee and healing power cost reductions from the blue and red lines, but that is made up for by a 50% power return on DS and you're going to be spamming that anyways if tanking.

I don't know which one to go for, but you know they're good when you want all three.
    Commander Cariance - Mostly Dead - Riddermark
    Sentry Wariance - ISMELLMANFLESH - Riddermark

Can someone get SS's of the purple armor set as well or is it just a lesser version of the Teal?

I notice that the equip requirements are (assuming raid?) deed based now. Can you tell us how many barter items (S4M or w/e the new barter tokens are) will be needed to buy the sets?

It's gonna be a pain to grind out all 3 sets of gear depending on how many barter tokens we need to get the sets. Also, carrying around 2 sets of gear all the time to swap for the nice Motivating Speech Buff is gonna be a PITA. It was bad enough having to swap weapons for it all the time. (If the extra mit even stays on when you swap the set out) I can easily see raid leaders wanting cappies to have that extra tact mit on their MS's.
    Last edited by Ivaed; Nov 15 2011 at 05:25 PM.
    The Noldor of Arkenstone

The extra boost persists on Rift armor, so no reason to think it won't now.

Very Interesting, thanks for posting. The amounts of power restore will tell for me personally which set will be first on my list I think

I want every one of these.

Also:
    3 Menestaid + 3 Gallant Commander would be very cool I think!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaed View Post
    I notice that the equip requirements are (assuming raid?) deed based now. Can you tell us how many barter items (S4M or w/e the new barter tokens are) will be needed to buy the sets?

It's gonna be a pain to grind out all 3 sets of gear depending on how many barter tokens we need to get the sets. Also, carrying around 2 sets of gear all the time to swap for the nice Motivating Speech Buff is gonna be a PITA. It was bad enough having to swap weapons for it all the time. (If the extra mit even stays on when you swap the set out) I can easily see raid leaders wanting cappies to have that extra tact mit on their MS's.
    If a raid leader tells you to swap up to 6 pieces of gear they are just being unreasonable. They can choose to have the 20% Revealing mark from the current set or have the improved motivating speech.

Anyone else think it's weird that there is so much will on the healing set?

But hey, at least we have choices this time.
    Last edited by jchudz; Nov 15 2011 at 06:27 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002c7d60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

So much Will? There is 61 Will and 394 Fate. I am more perplexed about why we need all that Fate. As it stands, you actually get about 500 less OGH with the "healing" set than with the "DPS" set.

yeah oops I guess, I saw will on the two pieces at first glance and thought it was on other pieces of the set
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002c7d60/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaed View Post

Theres 2 new barter items, one is Medallions and the other is Seals.

For the dearest item i believe its 1158 Medallions and 136 Seals (Breastplate).
    For the Cheapest item i believe its 926 Medallions and 102 Seals (Helm/Gauntlets).

Of course the other sets (not so good bonuses) are alot cheaper.

Took many screenshots but not had time to go through them all yet. Here are 2 atm.

Armour of the Tognir:

Armour of the Healing Hands: 5 Set Bonus is what the Teal set gives as 3 set bonus.

I shall fix them up tomorrow unless others post the info.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

Thanks for posting. Cosmetics would be nice if anyone has the time
    Oryette

Also, if someone could check if the Etten armour has any stat changes (i.e. had the ranged offence rating removed o.0), that would be nice!
    Oryette

Here is a comparison I did for myself but figure I might as well post.

Full Stats & Bonuses:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UNqd3ZrQjZaTUE

Stat Totals:
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000000b1d0/01002/signature.png]Nyxwen[/charsig]
    Sergeant of the Guard [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/meneldor/nyxwen/"]Nyxwen[/URL] Belegel, Executioner of the Wicked - 75 Captain - Supreme Master Tinker[COLOR="DarkOrange"],[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/meneldor/nyxeth/"]Nyxeth[/URL], The Unwise - 65 Elf Hunter[COLOR="DarkOrange"],[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/meneldor/nyxelen/"]Nyxelen[/URL] - 75 Man Burglar[COLOR="DarkOrange"],[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/meneldor/nyxos/"]Nyxos[/URL] - 65 Man Warden[/CENTER]

Hmmm.....

Imo Gallant Commander set or Dagor set is the thing

The other 2, just not my game (as i see it now).
    [SIZE="3"]-¤-¤-¤- Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum est -¤-¤-¤-[/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000007ec6d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Is physical mastery the new term for physical mitigation?

Also, since when did the Dragon set have phys/tact mastery on it?

The sets look interesting, DPS set seems to win on everything except set bonuses, which although the set bonus is great its not gonna be useful in raids. Stacking inc healing buff from WoC on healing set sounds really good too. I'll be in TOR so wont get any but really impressed that they've designed three armour sets for a single raid. Less impressed that they are using medallions again for bartering but hopefully less painful than OD.
    [CENTER][I]Formerly Jennifern, Rank 7 Captain and Raid Leader of Divine Retribution on Snowbourn[/I]
    -
    Currently awaiting the next best thing!
    [/CENTER]

I am so thankful for this new armor and instances, your doing a really good job and I don't want to diminish that...but where am I going to put it all? I'm already swapping out between the pvp and draigoch set and jewelry. My vault is maxed and packed with craft, armor, and barter items, and most of my bags are filled with 2 potions, 3 salves, 3pvp pots, 6/8 foods, 4 banners, 2 heralds, 2 instruments, 2 horns, all the legendary items and all the moors quest items, and 1 set of armor and jewelry. An update to the wallet to include barter items would help out my vault some but I'd really like to see an out-of-combat armor tab, or even a lunch box, and class box would help.

Also loving the power boost, even at 900icpr I still struggle sometimes on DPS. But who doesn't?
    Last edited by Armitas; Nov 16 2011 at 10:20 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by RtrnofdMax View Post
    So much Will? There is 61 Will and 394 Fate. I am more perplexed about why we need all that Fate. As it stands, you actually get about 500 less OGH with the "healing" set than with the "DPS" set.
    Fate gives us Crit, ICPR and ICMR as opposed to Agility which gives Crit, Parry, Evade. For doing dps in a group/raid we won't be getting hit all that often (in theory) so Fate > Agility due to the ICPR.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000343aa/signature.png]Anthyr[/charsig]
    [URL="http://dragonswrath.mmoguildsites.com"]Visit Dragon's Wrath[/URL]

I'd be interested in the magnitude of the incoming healing buff from WoC, and how it behaves if multiple Captains are wearing the full Menestaid set (i.e. does it stack three times per Captain, or three times period?). Will be tough to choose between the Dagor and the Tognir sets, but will probably end up going for the former (first) since one Captain with the Tognir set is enough for a whole raid. Pretty nice sets all around though.
    [COLOR=#8b4513][B]Fredecar [/B][/COLOR]- Burglar[SIZE=1] ~ [I]Original Challenger of Saruman[/I][/SIZE]
    [B][COLOR=#daa520]Fingolwë [/COLOR][/B]- Champion[SIZE=1] ~ [I]Challenger of Gortheron[/I][/SIZE]
    [COLOR=#003399][B]Eleril [/B][/COLOR]- Captain[SIZE=1] ~ [I]Bane of the Lieutenant[/I][/SIZE]

Does anyone know the value of tactical mitigation given by the tank set, and/or the inc healing given by the healing set?

Edit: For the 6-set bonuses

Really interesting 5-set bonuses on all of these. A lot like the Legendary Trait changes, they seem to be encouraging us to go all-in when trying to fill out a particular role.

Ivaed/jchudz: I'm pretty sure the whole reason the Tactical Mitigation buff goes on the 5-set bonus is to making swapping impractical and unreasonable. I know some folks have magic keyboards that make buff sticks less of a PITA to use, but I feel like even they'll be discouraged by the thought of having to carry around five armour pieces all the time. And, yeah, any raid leader who expects you to do so is being a jerk.

Jennifern, based on what Orion told the Wardens, it seems that the physical/tactical mastery stat will affect outgoing damage and heals. So, basically, Physical Mastery consolidates Melee Offence Rating with Ranged Offence Rating and Tactical Mastery consolidates Tactical Offence Rating with Tactical Healing Rating. That's just an inference at this point, though, so we'll have to wait for the Dev Diary to say for sure. (For instance, I believe this change only applies to stats on items, with the individual substats still being shown on the character sheet, much like the change to Crit Rating with RoI, but there's been no official statement on it either way.)
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Neverwhere616 View Post
    Fate gives us Crit, ICPR and ICMR as opposed to Agility which gives Crit, Parry, Evade. For doing dps in a group/raid we won't be getting hit all that often (in theory) so Fate > Agility due to the ICPR.
    I wasn't so much asking why Fate instead of Agility, but why So Much Fate instead of a little less Fate and a little more Might? One to One, the Dragon Set has more OGH than the Manestaid set. I just figured you could drop that Fate to 300 and redistribute the points to Might. I am not really complaining as I still think it's great, but I just wanted a bit more healing from the "healing" set.

Quote Originally Posted by RtrnofdMax View Post
    I wasn't so much asking why Fate instead of Agility, but why So Much Fate instead of a little less Fate and a little more Might? One to One, the Dragon Set has more OGH than the Manestaid set. I just figured you could drop that Fate to 300 and redistribute the points to Might. I am not really complaining as I still think it's great, but I just wanted a bit more healing from the "healing" set.
    Sorry, misunderstood that. I'm guessing they probably wanted to give us more ICPR overall. I'm pretty happy to see fate being stacked as opposed to agility just for that. I'm not so happy I'm going to have to have 3.5 sets sitting around in my bags/vault at any given time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000343aa/signature.png]Anthyr[/charsig]
    [URL="http://dragonswrath.mmoguildsites.com"]Visit Dragon's Wrath[/URL]

Fate is such a misunderstood stat, in my opinion. As soon as you hit 225 Fate, each additional point of Fate gives less than 1 additional point of ICPR. Perhaps with lower stat caps it was different, but with them raising caps and keeping the old ICPR = 30*Root(Fate), you aren't served to stack Fate for ICPR. Do an experiement in Excel, you'll see.

If you consider how ineffective ICMR continues to be, Fate doesn't look so great compared to Agility.

*head goes all 'splody due to option-overload*

Thanks for posting the info.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast