We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool Steed of The Loremaster

What would you like to see on the LM Steed?

Personally I would like to see room for my pets on the back... this would solve the mystery of where pets go when we ride and stop any conspiracy theories!

I think it should be an Apaloose horse or a Shire horse... (google for pics) something different...

The blankets should be colourful with room for books and staffs of course and maybe a few Gandalf fireworks and a pointy hat....

What would you like?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000019654a/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Proud Member of Doombiscuits

AW: Steed of The Loremaster

I've thought about the pet aspect of the prospective LM steed and I came up with a kind of wicker basket sitting on the steed's croup (which is the hindmost part of its back). The basket could be shaped like one of those baskets some people have for their pet cat to sleep in, almost like a little igloo, and big enough to comfortably hold a lynx. That size of basket should fit on most horses' backs (as hobbits and dwarves cannot be LMs the only actual LMs riding the LM steed would be elves and humans and those ride horses anyway, so the basket scaling down for a pony would not really raise a squeezed-lynx-issue).

Of course that solution would not explain a bear, sabretooth or bog-guardian riding along with the LM, but lynx, raven and even eagle could fit into the basket. Add some kind of curtain at the basket's entrance (preferable in the same main colour as the steed's tacks) and the pet would not actually have to be visible. Showing a dark interior in which the pet would be hidden by shadow would also work, but wouldn't look as nice, I think. (The whole purpose of visually hiding the pet is that I don't know if the steed could be made to display the correct pet in the basket and that it would be rather ridiculous to have -for example- a lynx showing in the basket as a default pet when the LM riding it has some other pet summoned.

Apart from the pet basket I'd like to see some books on the steed and maybe a staff strapped to its side (more or less parallel to the ground so it won't get caught in the steed's legs). The reason for the latter is simply that our staves disappear into thin air when we mount a steed and we instantly get them back when we dismount, so having them strapped to the steed in an easy-to-reach spot would explain that pretty well, I think.

As a primary tack colour I would prefer either a greenish shade (to symbolize the LM's connection to nature) or some kind of blue (because that's such a nice calm colour and suits study and meditation so well).

Re: Steed of The Loremaster

Personally I don't really care for having our pets on the horse. I don't drag a zoo with me everywhere that I go, I just summon a wild animal when my circumstances require their aide. I know Radagast tended to be around animals more, but I don't recall Gandalf travelling with them. He did call to them when needed though, so that's kind of my thinking. I'm more a fan of that personally, and I just like the appearance of a nice clean horse. I do however wish it to be a white horse, somewhat gleaming, with rich dark purple barding and golden accents. I like the idea of having a couple books, maybe in well tailored pouches, fireworks would be fun but then I think maybe that should be Gandalf's horse that has those not necessarily every lore-master out there. Was thinking a palantir, but nah that's overdone too lol.

Seriously though, I want a white horse with a dark purple barding, maybe the barding similar in shape to what's on the anniversary horse, but have the trim in golden braids (maybe even a lil silver mixed in), somewhat celtic knotwork style or elven like. No flag on it though like the Anniversary horse has, don't really care for that. Some small scrolls or books maybe, scholar's glass?, the hat idea is cute though I prefer that on my head, pouches for food for feeding the Lore-master and treats for the animals. This horse needs to have a sense of purpose but a also a feel of majesty and magic/whimsy. Maybe even leave footprints of glittering trails... or have a glittering white mane & tail. with some kind of exotic eye color like teal or purple to match the barding... I want a fantasy horse I prefer for it to be beautiful and regal and not carry a lot of tack on it though like bags and bed rolls and such. some small sacks maybe, like draw string style sacks, but not really many big pouches.

I think, for me it would be enough, if pets just run next the horse. Their run-velocity would be then same as the one from horse.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my first language, sorry for mistakes

I still think that Hobbits should be Lore Masters, then they could ride the bear!!!

@podgie_bear; LOL, that would look wierd, but funny as hell

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    I still think that Hobbits should be Lore Masters, then they could ride the bear!!!
    that would be funny! i'd love to have a hobbit LM, unfortunately magic is not really in their world-view but they sure are cute! I want a hobbit RK and hobbit captain too... sigh. maybe one day they will be enlightened enough

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    I think, for me it would be enough, if pets just run next the horse. Their run-velocity would be then same as the one from horse.
    Random Cosmetic Pet running along with a horse that is ridden bareback? Squirrels, Turtles, Cats, Dogs, and/or Song Birds chasing us as we ride?

I'll sign up to support that!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000002cd1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by RobertLie View Post
    Random Cosmetic Pet running along with a horse that is ridden bareback? Squirrels, Turtles, Cats, Dogs, and/or Song Birds chasing us as we ride?

I'll sign up to support that!
    Sorry, but Lotro belongs to Warner Bros, not Disney!
    LOL

Sorry, but Lotro belongs to Warner Bros, not Disney!
    LOL
    Oh snap! And here I was hoping to have all of my pets break into spontaneous, perfectly choreographed dance while I sang a pitch-perfect number expressing my heart's desire or some such!

:P <_<
    Crickhollow Server:
    Evenhald: L85 Minstrel Armaius: L76 Loremaster. Gaheriad: L81 Hunter Malhion: L74 Captain

I think that at the very least, a Lore-Master's steed should smoke a pipe. :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001efc62/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Actually I would imagine a Loremasters steed to be very plain, for the sake of the horse if nothing else. This would be uppermost in the mind of someone who is a friend of the animals. It does beg the question then how to make it unique?

Definitely no cages for animals however. Domestic cats don't like cages, imagine trying to stuff a Lynx in there... Pets are summoned, not caged and carried.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=silver][SIZE=1][B]Jharak [/B](65 Hnt)[B] Khandir [/B](87 Grd) [B]Bhrandir [/B](68 LM) [B]Bharahir [/B](100 Wdn)[B]

Brandywine[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Killien View Post
    Definitely no cages for animals however. Domestic cats don't like cages, imagine trying to stuff a Lynx in there... Pets are summoned, not caged and carried.
    Not cages! I never said cages!!! Never! Just somewhere for it to sit.....

I would throw down anyone who tried to get my Sabre in a cage...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000019654a/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I would like a grey or white horse (in honor of the King of Horses that Gandalf rode) with a simple leather saddle with lots of bags and straps and such.

As a LM, I'm close to nature, so am probably always picking up this or that to see if I can find a use for it. I also have my book and staff, which need to be on the horse. Having lots of pouches and bags for things would be realistic to me. I'd also like a decent bedroll, for all those times I stay in the woods a bit too long.

No fancy barding, as I'd consider the horse to be honoring me with it's willingness to carry me, so am as simple and non-intrusive as possible. I'd say a halter with reins, not a bit, as I CAN talk to animals, so do not need to force it to use that.

I'd also like it to be a bit on the heavy side, for a horse, something along the lines of a Gypsy Cob, perhaps. Something that could pull a cart in a pinch, if it would.

NO fireworks, NO hat, no thank you. I have no need to carry all that around, as I am not going to some party to need it, and I do NOT wear a pointed hat.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000001d245/signature.png]Keysha[/charsig]

I'd vote for a majestic white/grey horse with absolutely no bridle or saddle....as a symbolic of a loremaster controlling and taming beasts by his own skill.....although I dont know how some decor could be added to a horse, however handsome, without a saddle or headstall.....

Or...they could go for a more elegant look like Glorifindel's horse Asfaloth.....gem studded headstall, gleaming white, and a rich, elven themed saddle blanket (small one....not the huge draping ones like the Rohan steeds).....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003ec1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B]Ivalden - 75 Captain (R2) - Imladris
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval[/B][/COLOR]

Maybe if we want it to look natural without fancy bridles etc, but still be unique then why not make it a unicorn? It needs no saddle or bridle because it carries us freely of its own accord. Our partner and friend rather than the horse we own.

Maybe if we want it to look natural without fancy bridles etc, but still be unique then why not make it a unicorn? It needs no saddle or bridle because it carries us freely of its own accord. Our partner and friend rather than the horse we own.
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not...

If you're not, I apologize.

If you are, then absolutely not. Unicorns don't exist in Middle Earth. I do like the idea of a horse resembling Shadowfax (like someone was suggesting on the other page) that we ride Elf-fashion.

Yet other people were suggesting a space on the horses for our pets to ride on. That...also makes zero sense. Can you just imagine a horse that's carrying a Bog Lurker? Or a Bear? Or a Sabertoothed Tiger? In addition to yourself? o_o
    Crickhollow Server:
    Evenhald: L85 Minstrel Armaius: L76 Loremaster. Gaheriad: L81 Hunter Malhion: L74 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Armaius View Post
    Yet other people were suggesting a space on the horses for our pets to ride on. That...also makes zero sense. Can you just imagine a horse that's carrying a Bog Lurker? Or a Bear? Or a Sabertoothed Tiger? In addition to yourself? o_o
    Not even a little squirrel or sparrow perched?

I definitely don't want heavy leather tack, it's too restrictive for an animal so majestic. I have thought about it some more since my first post, I'm thinking I don't want the extravagant blanket like on the anniversary horse... I DO still want an all white gleaming horse with exotic eye color, shimmering white mane and tail. Some decorative straps over certain areas in a soft fabric (not leather), with inlaid celtic knotwork, a mixture of deep purple, glittering gold, and deep forest green on the embroidered fabric strapping. No major tack as I can survive in the woods, just some simple things like a few small drawstring pouches in purple to match the strappings and maybe a couple small scrolls somewhere. No bit for the mouth, but cloth bridle ... this bridle and strapping is not so much to control the horse but to give it noble decoration almost as a form of crowning a king of beasts. If I can find an example of the embroidered trim I'm thinking about I will post a link....

Maybe a trim like found here: http://www.houseofanoria.com/Costume...ot-96L_bpg.jpg
    or something really similar. At the points where 2 straps join, put a pretty embroidered medallion with nature scenes embroidered- like celtic knotwork tree or moon and stars or something.
    Last edited by Gwinthalion; Nov 15 2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: adding link
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001ae755/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hmm. I know i'm only dreaming here, but i'd like to see a chariot.
    I think Gandalf wasn't opposed to that, he did ride one into the shire, right?
    It wouldn't have to be huge. Just barely big enough for you to stand and maybe carry a few burlap bags of things.
    Scrolls and staffs, maybe.
    Maybe sticks of fireworks, too?

The LM steed should shoot fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his ####. Just my thoughts.

edit - Really? #### gets editted out? Wow, the censors are really going to town on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Failmaster View Post
    Not cages! I never said cages!!! Never! Just somewhere for it to sit.....

I would throw down anyone who tried to get my Sabre in a cage...
    I think your Sabre would handle the throwing for you! Quite right, sorry. In my mind I just figured cages would be the logical option if you had to carry 'wild' animals around.

I dunno how a specific seat or platform would work tho. But if you don't have one, anyone who's had a cat sit on their lap can relate to that increasingly tense feeling as it slowly digs its claws into your legs. Might make your horse go faster but that would just make the Lynx dig in even more ;-)
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=silver][SIZE=1][B]Jharak [/B](65 Hnt)[B] Khandir [/B](87 Grd) [B]Bhrandir [/B](68 LM) [B]Bharahir [/B](100 Wdn)[B]

Brandywine[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

i'd love for the lore master to fly a big eagle ( or any other big bird ) like gandalf did. that wud really make the difference and show that we really are the animal loving peeps of the the lot! wud fit us very nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by boogielas View Post
    i'd love for the lore master to fly a big eagle ( or any other big bird ) like gandalf did. that wud really make the difference and show that we really are the animal loving peeps of the the lot! wud fit us very nicely!
    ...you're new around here, aren't you?
    Crickhollow Server:

Quote Originally Posted by boogielas View Post
    I have to agree, it would be really awesome to be able to ride animals besides horses... a huge white eagle, a unicorn , a sabre cat...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001ae755/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast