We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: ohhhh yeh

In the deep, dark recesses of your mind where things go bump in the night; the dark matter.

ohhhh yeh

"...We are also happy to announce that NA World Character Transfers are now available for transfer between ALL North American servers as of 9th November, 2011!Yes, you may now transfer TO Brandywine, Crickhollow, Dwarrowdelf, Elendilmir, Imladris, Landroval, or Riddermark!"

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-Status-Sticky

Ill be seein you creeps pretty soon!

gettin rdy to roll with VC again!

Re: ohhhh yeh

It would definitely be nice to have some more high-ranked, dedicated creeps to help balance things out sometimes (rather than relying on low ranked reavers to balance it out. No offense to them though, you guys are awesome, stick with it and rank!) and increase the action. More high ranked creeps should push more freeps into the moors, for more action Welcome to any that wish to transfer to our humble server! Haha. Same goes for freeps, I always like fighting new people Fighting the same people over and over gets a little boring. Need more new freeps! =D

Oh, and you're a Warleader. Thought you were a BA for some reason. All you visibles look alike.. That's definitely what our server is lacking though, ranked creep healers. When freep raids come out, oftentimes the creeps just log or wait at Grams because our heals can't keep up and we get no kills, and that's no fun for either side.

Nice to see more ranked creeps in Imladris! But too bad you are a WL, they are too OP and i have enough with eyeganknoobs and shrankah(or something like that) see you in moors!

Sure, Warleaders are good, but you have to admit there's a large lack of heals on Creeps side at the moment. A few people (myself included) are ranking some healers as a side job, but... when many of the higher ranks, of which there's not a large number of online at once, have to switch to healers and away from their DPS and such, that kind of defeats the purpose. We need ranked healers whose healers are their primary Creeps, such as Shraknah He's leading the way, I'd like to see more healers that not only rank but are online on a regular basis.

Sadly, Warleaders have more DPS than a ranked reaver now, that plus heals and a heavy resistance makes it impossible to kill. Also, hate the skill that let them heal without induction...

As a captain, sure it's probably hard to solo Warleaders. But they do not have more damage than a ranked reaver, there's just a lack of ranked reavers on this server. If you look at Orgraz, he still throws out the damage like none other despite the reduction in reaver damage. The main reason it's hard to kill Warleaders is because they're usually not solo. If a Warleader has acquired Brawler's Stance, then their damage is pretty decent, but still not at the level of what reavers are capable of. Note that I say capable of, and not what they actually do on this server. Because of quests giving infamy, players are reaching higher ranks with less pvp experience, so you can't judge a rank 6 reaver the same way you could pre-RoI. They just don't have as much experience with their skill rotations and what their class is capable of. On the flip side, many warleaders are alts of existing creeps, meaning they come out of the gate with more experience than your average creep, giving them more of an edge than you would think by just seeing a rank 4 or 5 warleader running around. Again though, Brawler's stance makes a huge difference. Not disagreeing that they haven't gotten a significant boost, but it's not nearly as bad as people are saying on the forums. Warleader heals also aren't very big, and are inductions. The instant heal can only be activated if one of the Warleader's two shouts get a crit. One shout you don't earn until rank 5, and I don't see why anyone would waste TP getting that rather than other skills. Both shouts have decent cooldowns, and the skill that guarantees a crit on the next shout has a 1 minute cooldown. Brawler's Stance reduces the cooldowns of the shouts but it's not like they're just rattling off insta-heals. Brawler's Stance really makes all the difference. I haven't bought it, and my rank 5 Warleader really can't solo much, unless it's a hunter and I have a tree buddy

lols Orgraz and most reavers just use charge, hit a light armour target, try to kill it and then run back to healers. I really don't how is DPS in both reavers and WL's, but yea, i can't solo a WL, but i can solo a reaver. I mean, they have 15k morale, while i have 9k, they have more DPS than a captain for sure (at least the ranked ones) and the banner that decreases a lot of mitigations/stats and gives dread is too OP compared to captain ones. I know WL is an hybrid class, but captain is also one. Our tanking sucks, while WL's doesen't(they are creeps MT), our heals are aceptable and i dont really know how are WL's one but our spam heal skill cost morale. Our DPS is good or lame (depending on player), mine is aceptable, i got 20k melee offence with banner of war equiped, but that will down my morale to 8k with buffs. Sorry is my comparisson is bad, i just dont like captain's role in moors, since our group is always dying i have to off heal all the time, and since RoI no minis wanna heal in moors and few RK's like healing even outta moors and we finish MH. Anyway, i made a burglar so soon you will have another pain in moors!

Cya and hope you survive

The banner you're referring to has a 10 minute CD, whereas a Captain banner can be thrown down wherever, whenever. The Warleader Banner of Terror (which is the one you mentioned) also can't be used in combat, unless you use a special trait which allows banners in combat, but reduces their already small duration (halving it I believe). Warleaders have another banner or two I believe with shorter CDs, but they still cannot be used in combat without that trait.

Captains seem to just be used for buffs and heals from what I've observed, which is a shame. I did two 1v1s against a very good Captain, who happens to be in my kin and tribe I barely won the first time, and she killed me at the same time I killed her the second time. I think Captains have a lot of potential that isn't being used right, especially with all of the Shield Brother techniques.

And sure, some reavers like to just pop in and burn stuff and run out while they still have Charge going. But as for Orgraz himself, him and I have duo-ed a few times and went up against full fellowships, with some groups exceeding 6, and we killed most, if not all, of them by ourselves before dying, and without running. Sure, they weren't straight up fights where we stood there and charged each other, more like we ambushed them and then used trees to our advantage to break LOS, as you need to do with inferor numbers and don't want to resort to npcs (again, yay tree buddies ) but he's definitely not afraid to die for a kill. I'm not either, but all wargs are labeled runners because they have decent escape skills I hope I'm not, but doesn't really matter to me, I'm just here for fun.

At times I wish we could communicate between creeps and freeps. Sure, it prevents a lot of trash talk and (barely) prevents spying, but a lot of actions get misconstrued and the two sides just end up getting mad at each other anyways, or calling someone a coward when they run, when to them all they see is 6 people attacking them and no chance for a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Inglaran View Post
    Sadly, Warleaders have more DPS than a ranked reaver now
    Really?
    I mean... really?

W/O brawler stance a WL cannot DPS. DPM (Damage per minute) maybe.
    And even with the stance, theres no away a semi-skilled r5> reaver cant outdps a WL.
    Last edited by Leonide; Nov 18 2011 at 03:41 AM.