We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Weapon Switches

Weapon Switches

Hey, I just had a question on whether or not it is possible to switch an off-hand weapon with another off-hand weapon with the click of a button. As of now if you click the weapon it equips it to the main hand slot where your Legendary weapon is, this is not a good thing if you are in the heat of battle. Thought I would come here first for any sort of answers. Is there a plugin for this or just some way you can switch one off-hand for another with one click of a button.
    Thanks!
    Watch the shadows for things lurk in them with tenacity unknown to many

Re: Weapon Switches

This isn't currently possible with a single click. At best we can provide a button to unequip your current offhand weapon (a tiny bit better than having to open your character sheet to do the same) and then you could click a new offhand weapon and it would go to the empty slot (assuming you have something in your primary hand). It's a bit clumsy, but until we can programatically equip items we can not make a single click weapons swap. This is the same reason why we can't yet make a plugin to swap armor/weapon sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    This isn't currently possible with a single click. At best we can provide a button to unequip your current offhand weapon (a tiny bit better than having to open your character sheet to do the same) and then you could click a new offhand weapon and it would go to the empty slot (assuming you have something in your primary hand). It's a bit clumsy, but until we can programatically equip items we can not make a single click weapons swap. This is the same reason why we can't yet make a plugin to swap armor/weapon sets.
    Hmm really, well 2 clicks is better then dragging and dropping, any idea on how long something like this would take to program and what not?

It would only take about 20 minutes to write the actual plugin but there is a potential issue, the "ghost" item bug that still plagues bag plugins. Basically, to safely unequip an item, the plugin would need to verify that there is a free bag slot to put the currently equipped item into. With "ghost" items, it becomes problematic since the Turbine bag object will sometimes show a full inventory when in fact there is one (or more) empty slot(s). It would be possible to create a simplistic version that just dumps the currently equipped item into bag slot 1 forcing the interface to make room, but that's sloppy coding and I wouldn't want a user to find out the hard way that an item had been permanently lost due to other possible bugs in the bag implementation (this isn't too far fetched seeing as something very similar happened with an early version of another bag plugin).

Hmm, and as of right now there is no way to get around this issue or fix it I guess? By the way thanks for the feedback +1 Rep for all of this!

I created the Unequipper plugin, downloadable at:
    Download at: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nequipper.html

I chose to query the backpack for an empty slot and if one is not found generate an error message - the safer of the two options. It is still possible for the Lua backpack instance to get out of synch with the real backpack, creating "ghost" items. If that happens, just unload and reload the plugin.

In the case of the OP's request, you would download and install the plugin, then in game, create an alias, for example:
    /shortcut 12 /unequip secondaryweapon

will create an alias in the 12 quickslot position which will unequip the secondary weapon/shield equipped item.
    Then just load the plugin and click the alias when needed.

You can just as easily use a "Bar" plugin that allows aliases instead of using one of the built in ones.
    Last edited by Garan; Nov 11 2011 at 06:27 PM.

Hmm, your link is not working for me it seems, thanks for doing this though when I get it and download it I will tell you how it works and what not!

Edit: Found it!

This makes my life so much easier! Thanks a lot for making this for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Celdlithe View Post
    Hmm, your link is not working for me it seems, thanks for doing this though when I get it and download it I will tell you how it works and what not!

Edit: Found it!
    Fixed the broken link (that's what I get for being lazy and using copy and paste

Quote Originally Posted by Celdlithe View Post
    This makes my life so much easier! Thanks a lot for making this for me!
    You're welcome, glad it's working for you. Someone else had asked for something similar to allow them to put away their weapons when in town without going to the character panel, hopefully they will see this as well.

Yeah, this is a great plugin for swapping in Baingrist. Many many thanks for creating it.
    Adaaon (Minstrel), Gwydionn (Hunter), Tarrann (Burglar)
    [url]http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com[/url]