We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Server Side UI placement. Can this be toggled off?

Hello all, I recently purchased a new gaming laptop to play on when I'm away from home, but one major thing concerns me. My desktop uses a 22 inch 1080p monitor, and the laptop is 1356x768 iirc. With the excess screen real estate on the 22", I've moved things around so that life-bars aren't out of my peripheral vision. When I switch to the laptop, everything is squished together and the life-bars are sort of in the way. Basically what I'm looking for is to be able to have the positioning of the UI (accessed with ctrl+\) be contained client side, rather than server side. Is this possible? Is there a program that will re-position the UI for you every startup, even if server-side can't be toggled off?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Re: Server Side UI placement. Can this be toggled off?

You can save the UI layout on your local drive
    /ui layout save *any file name you like*
    and load it by
    /ui layout load *the name you used to save*
    You have to load the respective UI every time you switch your machine though.

That helps a ton. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crookedmouf View Post
    That helps a ton. Thanks!
    Anytime you move things around on your screen. You will need to save the updates to your PC via the UI save command.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Is there a way to save and load certain custom graphics settings? It's very annoying going in and changing settings for the moors to get decent framerates, then back up to high for fellowing, or a pve raiding setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Crookedmouf View Post
    Is there a way to save and load certain custom graphics settings? It's very annoying going in and changing settings for the moors to get decent framerates, then back up to high for fellowing, or a pve raiding setup.
    Unfortunately not. It is in the job jar with 9,999 suggestions awaiting for management to pull it out - stamp it approved - hand it to the worker bees to "Make it so".
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.