We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool Improved location data for plugins

While I'd still like to see a GetLocation(), yesterday I discovered that the chat expression ";loc" now returns location coordinates when not in an instance, i.e., "Rhovanion: The Great Hall of Durin: 7.6S, 105.3W". In an instance, it just returns the instance name.

So its now possible to create a shortcut that when clicked on calls a plugin with the current location as an argument! ("/plugin ;loc") This shortcut can be created as a plugin quickslot.
    Last edited by VincentAC; Nov 09 2011 at 06:19 PM.

Re: Improved location data for plugins

Quote Originally Posted by VincentAC View Post
    While I'd still like to see a GetLocation(), yesterday I discovered that the chat expression ";loc" now returns location coordinates when not in an instance, i.e., "Rhovanion: The Great Hall of Durin: 7.6S, 105.3W". In an instance, it just returns the instance name.

So its now possible to create a shortcut that when clicked on calls a plugin with the current location as an argument! ("/plugin ;loc") This shortcut can be created as a plugin quickslot.
    ";loc" has worked this way for quite some time. This is how the quick annotation tool and the external ping command for MoorMap work. What's actually news is that we can now access the more accurate values from the "/loc" command by monitoring the Chat object for /loc responses in the Standard channel - MoorMap uses this functionality to allow manually updating the player location and heading (this is not yet available in the published version but is already functional in the dev version). Previously, "/loc" values could not be accessed because the "/loc" can not be combined with other text - it doesn't resolve unless it is the first token in the command and it ignores any following text. Lunarwater's new Waypoint plugin also uses the "/loc" responses.

Re: Improved location data for plugins

I had looked at ;loc a while back, but it only returned the name then. While /loc is more accurate, it also takes quite a bit more code to implement.