We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Haudh Valandil Challenge bugged?

at 65 it was bugged so that it automatically completed as soon as the first one died, which I'm glad no longer happens. but we've run this twice in the past week plus, and both times the challenge did not complete. It did not fail, the quest remained in the log. both times were within the 10 second limit (the 2nd time was closer to 10s, but the 1st time was almost certainly within 5s, let alone 10). I believe the first time we killed Valandil first, so the second time we tried killing Dolvaethor first with the same result (or lack thereof). so just curious if anyone has managed to complete the challenge in HV since the cap was raised to 75. haven't seen anything on the forum, which leads me to believe either its not been a problem for others, or else no one else has tried to run it the annuminas cluster is by far the best of the scaled content, and HV probably the best of the bunch, so I hate skipping it, but I'm reluctant to take kin groups in here if we're just wasting our time wrt s4ms. thanks for any feedback.

Re: Haudh Valandil Challenge bugged?

ah thanks. I actually looked there and saw the Shingrinder issue, but somehow missed the challenge one

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I just wanted to know if this issue has been resolved with the new patch. Has anyone done this challenge already? Because I did it with killing Valendil first (he went green on 10k) and then nuke Dolv from 35k to death. Don't know if we failed the challenge or should kill Dolv first and then Valendil.

Quote Originally Posted by Thronar View Post
    Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I just wanted to know if this issue has been resolved with the new patch. Has anyone done this challenge already? Because I did it with killing Valendil first (he went green on 10k) and then nuke Dolv from 35k to death. Don't know if we failed the challenge or should kill Dolv first and then Valendil.
    You will have to try it yourself. The Annuminas instances have never been very popular. I had a terrible time getting people to go to Annuminas back when the level cap was 65. They come when the instance was set to 50. No challenge at 50.

Once the level cap went 75, most of the people that used to run it stopped because the rewards are unwhelming considering the effort involved. You want good rewards, you want to do the Rise of Isengard instances.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; May 19 2012 at 04:41 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I did this run yesterday, we killed Dolvaethor first and then Valandil when green on about 6k morale left.
    however, we did not complete the hardmode deed...

im stil a bit furious about this, should i talk to a GM ingame or does anyone else knows how to complete this hardmode?

just relog. I had this problem a couple of times too with helegrod and the deeds were finished when i relogged if that doesn't work just send a ticket to the GM
    Second Marshall Tarpelion/Commander Huntarp/Master guardsman Vindicto
    Stainless

Still Bugged as of U10

I know this is a necro, but I wanted to report that it appears as if the Valandil and Dolvaethor Challenge in Haudh Valandil is still bugged. My fellowship ran this at 85 for the new loot and killed both bosses within 10s, including the time for Valandil to do his script at about 10,000 morale and the quest neither completed nor failed. It's just stayed active in our quest trackers.

Did it yesterday, killed Valandil (green-bar) and then killed the other boss roughly 3-5 seconds later. Challenge completed fine for us.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    Did it yesterday, killed Valandil (green-bar) and then killed the other boss roughly 3-5 seconds later. Challenge completed fine for us.
    Same. More words.
    [center][color=white][b]DROVER[/b] - champion[/color][/center]
    [center][color=white][b]DROGARTH[/b] - captain[/color] [color=red][b]DROVANN[/b] - guardian[/color] [color=white][b]DROTHIR[/b] - Loremaster[/color][/center]
    [center][color=white][b]DROVII[/b] - hunter[/color] [color=red][b]DROGREN[/b] - burglar[/color][/center]
    [center][URL]http://tmoh.guildlaunch.com/[/url][/center]

I stand corrected. I just ran it again today and it worked. Maybe we were just slightly longer than 10s the first time.

I've done this twice (85 version now). first time I didn't tank him where he goes and dies (when he goes green). unsure about at which point he dies. we tested it again

when again I tanked him far ish away, he went green and started walking we didn't kill other guy. he killed him when the undead fell to the ground. that time we did it

so the undead "dies" once he has walked to his dieing spot, not when he goes green. he dies just infront of the flaming doorway

a simple way of doing this would just be tank him near the dieing spot so there isn't much time between walking. again we did this within 5s (I think) and we got challange done

you know you have completed challage if you are able to carry the dead guy to the grave to finish it off
    Last edited by bohbashum; Mar 11 2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: pointing out this is 85 version now

Tried this twice now, and challenge is not completing. We actually waited until his body fell and we were able to pick it up before finishing Dolvaethor. We got the message that his body is at peace after we brought it to the tomb, but the quest did not update, and we did not get rewards.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000027003/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rothmarte View Post
    Tried this twice now, and challenge is not completing. We actually waited until his body fell and we were able to pick it up before finishing Dolvaethor. We got the message that his body is at peace after we brought it to the tomb, but the quest did not update, and we did not get rewards.
    Once he green-bars, that's his "death". If you're waiting until his body drops, that's longer than 10 seconds. (Challenge is killing them within 10 seconds of each other, not bringing his remains to peace.)

Just ran this on Thursday and we completed it successfully so I know it's still working correctly. Green-barred Valandil and then immediately killed the other boss without waiting for Valandil to drop.

I suppose it's possible that the time for Valandil's death is when he actually drops. What we've been doing is keeping them relatively equal until Valandil green-bars, and then we kill the other boss. Valandil physically drops as soon as the other boss dies. I suppose that could be his normal death spot, but as far as I can tell, if he's green-barred when the other boss is dead, he'll drop where he's currently standing while walking to whatever spot he walks to.
    Last edited by TinDragon; Mar 30 2013 at 03:18 PM.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Just ran it again today. July 1st 2013 and the challenge still bugs. There is no reason this should be happening.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000081bb4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I ran it a couple weeks ago and got the challenge to work. We killed Valandil first and then killed Dolvaethor shortly after Valandil dropped to the ground. I don't know exactly where the game counts Valandil as officially dead, but the challenge is beatable.

Vilan - I could tell the challenge sometimes still works by what others have posted. The problem is that it still bugs and no one knows exactly why. As far as I can tell this has been a problem since RoR or earlier. The instance is broken and Turbine should do something about it. We as players shouldn't need to post strategies for getting it to work on the forums. Turbine should be fixing it or disabling it or at least listing it still as a know issue so we can avoid the instance.

Our Group actually tried staying in the instance and contacting a GM to see if they could auto complete it or something. All I was told was to submit a /bug report (which I did) and there was nothing they could do.

I'm simply posting here so highlight that this is still a problem and Turbine needs more bug reports on this topic so that actually fix it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000081bb4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I will agree that it's poor game design to make a deed dependent on killing bosses at the same time, and then make one boss die in an unusual way that makes it hard to figure out how to make the deed work. The challenge should've been something different. Anyway, good luck with it!

I just tried alone, as it is nerfed like other instances since U10 : Haudh Valandil Challenge solo (bugged or failed ?),
    but I also apparently failed the Challenge, although I think I killed them at same time.
    Is it still bugged or did I miss something ?
    Thanks.