We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Beyond annoying - Please HELP!

I have never had so much trouble with custom UI installs as I have with this game!

I've downloaded the TURBINE examples, and 2 others required for what I want to run. NOTHING with load. I've copied different files between different folders trying every combination I can. I continue to get errors every time I attempt to load a plugin.

The guides located on google or on LOTROInterface.com appear to be way outdated or otherwise not useful. Maybe I've missed a key readme file somewhere.

That being said...

Can someone describe exactly which files go into what folders so that I can get some of these plugins to load. Even the TURBINE plugins fail to load. If anything you would expect those to work?

There is a "Turbine" folder that nothing describes exactly where it should go.

There is a "TurbinePLugins" folder which appearntly goes under Plugins (but attempting to load any of those plugins gives an error).

Please Help! Hate to say this, but I've used plugins in WoW for YEARS and didn't have issues =(

Re: Beyond annoying - Please HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Painlezz View Post
    I have never had so much trouble with custom UI installs as I have with this game!

I've downloaded the TURBINE examples, and 2 others required for what I want to run. NOTHING with load. I've copied different files between different folders trying every combination I can. I continue to get errors every time I attempt to load a plugin.

The guides located on google or on LOTROInterface.com appear to be way outdated or otherwise not useful. Maybe I've missed a key readme file somewhere.

That being said...

Can someone describe exactly which files go into what folders so that I can get some of these plugins to load. Even the TURBINE plugins fail to load. If anything you would expect those to work?

There is a "TurbinePLugins" folder which appearntly goes under Plugins (but attempting to load any of those plugins gives an error).

Please Help! Hate to say this, but I've used plugins in WoW for YEARS and didn't have issues =(
    That being said, we still don't know WHAT plugins you're trying to install exactly.

Two things--not all plugins work well together, and not all are regularly updated. It's possible some things are broken with RoI and the authors haven't fixed them yet. Assuming you got your plugins from Lotrointerface.com, specific problems should be addressed on the actual plugin discussion pages.

The Turbine and TurbinePlugins folders end up in (My) Documents>TLOTRO>Plugins, but these are used by the other plugins, not manually loaded by the player.
    [url="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?506048-Talent-trees-class-roles-and-player-choice"]Talent trees, class roles, and player choice[/url]
    Crafting crit chance analysis: [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?410893-Sample-size-THREE-THOUSAND"]3000 sample size[/URL], [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?420198-Sample-size-ONE-THOUSAND"]1000 sample size[/URL]

First thing you need to check is whether or not the plugins are being detected by the game client, you can do that with "/plugins refresh". If they're not listed, then they're in the wrong place. If they are, you might wanna indicate what error you get.

Note: some older plugins expect an older version of the "Turbine" folder, which I'm not sure is even available anywhere anymore.
    Last edited by Equendil; Nov 03 2011 at 11:04 PM.
    [size=1]Freeps (Snowbourn): [b]Equanor (R11 MNS)[/b] - Equendil - Orlo - Equadoc - Quaolin - Oshia - Kaolin - Equaric - Equorn
    Creeps (Snowbourn): Veloch (R9 RVR) - Velrow (R10 BA) - Velkro - Oruk - Velrot - Velreth
    Author of the [url=http://tiny.cc/2zm50w]Legendary Item Planner[/url], [url=http://tiny.cc/m1m50w]Bootstrap[/url] and [url=http://tiny.cc/41m50w]Baruk[/url] plugins.[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Trilwych View Post
    That being said, we still don't know WHAT plugins you're trying to install exactly.

Two things--not all plugins work well together, and not all are regularly updated. It's possible some things are broken with RoI and the authors haven't fixed them yet. Assuming you got your plugins from Lotrointerface.com, specific problems should be addressed on the actual plugin discussion pages.

The Turbine and TurbinePlugins folders end up in (My) Documents>TLOTRO>Plugins, but these are used by the other plugins, not manually loaded by the player.
    Just a small correction. The Turbine folder contains various utility classes used with the example plugins located in the TurbinePlugins folder. So while the files in the Turbine folder are not used by the player directly, the ones in the TurbinePlugins folder - containing example plugins like The One Bag and Vitals, can be.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

I have sometimes downloaded a plugin where they didn't zip/compress it with it's full directory structure so it could just be put straight into the plugins folder. I had to open their .plugin file to discover that it needed me to create, for example, a MyPlugins folder and put it in there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001dd1fe/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I continue to get errors every time I attempt to load a plugin.
    What errors are you getting? It's hard to help accurately if you don't give us some information.

Not certain what "guides" you are referring to. (Especially when you say "located on Google.")

The BASIC instructions for using the Lua interface have not changed since they were made available, only various API issues.

Each of the Plugins on lotrointerface.com has its own readme and instructions for installing. The Website has "generic" instructions called "Step by Step Walkthrough for Installing LotRO Scripts" which are found under the big "Download" button entitled "How to Install FAQ." I just checked them and those instructions are correct and complete.

All Plugin files go into the same folder -- which you need to create -- "plugins"

Both "Turbine" folders go into that folder, along with the folders for all other plugins.
    Depending on your Operating System, that location will be...
    <user>/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/Plugins/

Most plugins can simply be un-zipped directly into that folder. Some (such as Tonic Bars) require you to move a folder from within their "Package" and place that folder in Plugins. (The Lua search is only one level deep.)

As was mentioned, typing, "/plugins list" into the chat bar will display which plugins LOTRO has found in the chat window. You can then type /plugins load <name> where <name> is capitalized EXACTLY as it is in the list.

You should NOT use any plugin you download from any location other than lotrointerface.com as they are "untested" and especially likely to be "out of date." So far, each time Turbine has done a major update, such as with ROI most recently, virtually ALL plugins break and need to be revised. This WILL happen again with Update Five, coming in December. There are changes already up on Bullroarer which will likely cause plugins to break.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)