We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't Master Expert

So here's my problem. I have been playing a scholar and I managed to bring the expert level scholar crafting bit up to the max 360 for proficiency long before I managed to master the journeyman level. No big deal. But now I did manage to master the journeyman level (both it and apprentice have the nice yellow anvil symbol), and yet the expert is staying stuck at 360 without bumping over. I have done several more expert craftings to try to bump it over into leveling toward master, and it refuses to change. It just remains at 360, with the full bar for proficiency.

Any help?

Re: Can't Master Expert

If I remember correctly... like many other professions, you will have to do a quest to grant you access to the next tier (Artisan) before you can do any mastery for Expert level. Try finding a Novice Scholar NPC and hopefully they will have a quest for you to gain access to the Superior Study, which will also grant you your access to Artisan level and Expert level mastery.

Hopefully this helps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000002bf4c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Go to a crafting hall and talk with your apprentice scholar, they will have a quest for you. All of the crafts(except prospector and forester) have a quest that becomes available after you complete proficiency in the expert tier as the next open tier is artisan which means you must find a superior crafting area. Scholars have to go to Rivendell to use the superior study in Elrond's Last Homely House.
    [B][COLOR=#0000FF]Freeps[/COLOR]:Taredhelion(65,Guard) ; Starlily(50,Mini) ; Turmanarmo(32,RK) ; Rawlings(23,Burg) ; Drengi(29,Champ) ; More that will be leveled later[/B]

Right, so not a bug, just me being dumb. Thanks!

Not getting the Quest to get the Master Expert scholar

I have reached the expert level and got the quest to become an artisan but I have not received the quest for the Master Expert level. I have gone to the novice scholar but there is no quest available. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by elle3006 View Post
    I have reached the expert level and got the quest to become an artisan but I have not received the quest for the Master Expert level. I have gone to the novice scholar but there is no quest available. Any suggestions?
    The quests you complete to gain access to Artisan Level and the Superior Facility are the only quests you need to do. These quests should also open up Mastery for Expert.

If you don't have Mastery for Expert open after opening Artisan, make sure you've completed Mastery for Apprentice and Journeyman. Mastery for any tier will not open up until Mastery for the tier before it is done.

So if your Journeyman Mastery isn't done yet, finish that off. That should open Expert Mastery for you.