We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I've logged in to play in CA,TX,GA,DC,IL,MN,ID,OR,NV
    Oh, yes, dear sweet Turbine, Tevye must have a fiddle/violin for when he's standing on top of the houses in Bree playing music for those walking by underneath... presuming it's still possible to jump up on the roofs with a horse -- I haven't logged in for about three years now. Still, though, if you brought in something like that to the store, and I heard about it, I'd log in just to buy it.
    2017: 6 levels and an instance! As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

The violin

Before adding another instrument and do more unbalancing of music, I prefer strongly the patching of the last update.

So please fix the music-system and then try to add new instruments. Not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Produktion Malphunktion View Post
    Sorry Violin is not in the immediate cards....
    That's ok, making computer reproductions of string instruments is super hard: http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/...gs--audio-8765

That being said, we could come really close to it, if you would flip the switch to allow violin as one of the midi instruments.

"But the violin in the general midi bank is, well, it's not as great as a harp or piano or whatever."

That's true. But we can make it better with the current abc music by adding grace notes, quick slides at +ppp+, etc. Just give the playerbase the tools and they'll eventually come up with super cool stuff.
    2017: 6 levels and an instance! As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

As a transcriber and composer of original songs, I see the violin as two instruments.
    It would be fantastic if somehow the notation would support the playing of both in one instrument.

Fiddle - plucky, +0.5 to +1.5 octave vs the lute, a choppy/fast decay sample

Viole - wind like, +1 to +2 octave vs the lute, a quick attack or ramp up to full sample volume, and a really long sustain vs the lute

Add an octave to an instrument? Make it a TP or Mithril coin upgrade option.

If turbine is suffering from layoffs. Mentarized it. HQ or WB would love the justification. Add some cosmetic instrument adornment options and voila.
    Tassles, inlaid colors, patterns, gemstones, metallic/mother of pearl adornments, glows...
    We get more music options, and get higher dev prority time with possibility of making money for them as green lit dev time.

Hey boss? this might make money for us...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWlfi6m_JxU @0:21 ... hehehe

That could work. Go repost it in General and see if you can't get more traction.

Thumbs up

Say YES to the violin (and cello and piano).
    /signed
    linis

Quote Originally Posted by linis View Post
    Say YES to the violin (and cello and piano).
    /signed
    /signed

for all the reasons cited, plus, it is lore!! - the instruments Thorin and Co brought in to Bag End, and Pippin's song in the Prancing Pony.

would love to play some wild Irish reels after a big boss takedown
    Hunter, TheBrightMelody, Withywindle -------------- Aurë entuluva!

I would love to see a Violin/Fiddle added but won't happen I've read, not sure why i mean come on its part of the lore an fits well...
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by friendsofthetooks View Post
    I would love to see a Violin/Fiddle added but won't happen I've read, not sure why i mean come on its part of the lore an fits well...
    Must fit to the lore, plenty of references. Here's one:

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/The_Man_i...ed_Up_Too_Late
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Bumping this thread to notify people who were wishing for a fiddle. You got your wish! Now please get on Bullroarer this weekend and help test it.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

lol, 2011 I started this thread, didn't take long!
    Jobbing musician that resides in Bree. Frequenter of Taverns and places of ill repute

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3