We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Account character switch

For you people out there who have more then one account, wouldn't it be nice to be able to take those characters and switch them to a new account. Most people with 2 accounts pay for it so we should be able to move our character freely.

Re: Account character switch

Quote Originally Posted by Markosi View Post
    Most people with 2 accounts pay for it so we should be able to move our character freely.
    I'm pretty sure most people with two accounts use the second one for free storage, so unless you have some data to back that up...
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Still just the thought of that would be nice. I have 2 other 65's on a different account and sometimes i think it would be nice to level those guys on the same account.

I agree. I have multiple accounts, three being lifetimes and a 4th that is VIP. I really only play two characters on that account, the rest are just for storage, so I'd like to be able to move the two I play to one of my lifetime accounts and drop the 4th to F2P.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000df061/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[url]www.sonsofgondor.net[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Markosi View Post
    For you people out there who have more then one account, wouldn't it be nice to be able to take those characters and switch them to a new account. Most people with 2 accounts pay for it so we should be able to move our character freely.
    Accounts or subscriptions? If subscriptions, are they subscriptions on the same account?

I'll tell you straight-up that it will never, ever, ever be the case that you can switch characters between accounts. Why? You could build toons and sell them-- fully decked out, raid-ready toons-- and not have to give up your password. Just simply transfer them to one of your "other accounts".

Now, if you're talking about transferring to other subscriptions on your account, I could see it happening, but it would still have major problems, since some purchases are subscription-wide (on purpose to limit characters).
    Have Questions? Get the Answers Here!
    The Answers to Your Questions Thread!
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Your-Questions
    I'm the leader of The Haruchai and the Elohim, an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
    Contact me if interested in a fun Arkenstone kin.
    :)

Still hoping...

I still keep hoping this will happen. My wife and I maintain two accounts in the hopes that someday, we will be able to switch my main over to a new account (this was our first game and I didn't know better than to build a character on her account) so that we can play together. We would be delighted to pay a premium and demonstrate that we live at the same address, etc. we'll keep hoping and keep both VIP accounts active for a few more months, I guess, and then give up.