We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question *VIP/Expansion Question*

So I have been playing for a month now on the free edition and saw that I can get a 12 month VIP for $99.99, but was curious how much a single month one was. Also if I have free one should I order a free or used copy of Mines of Moria Expansion or just get the Isengard one or get the Mirkwood one. I don't want to spend much more money just thought it would be nice to have more quests. Finally is there any benefit to getting the Shadows of Angmar disc to install? Would I get extra benefits/quests that the free edition does not offer?

Re: *VIP/Expansion Question*

Don't see any benefits for SoA unless you want an extra character slot and a month of VIP. least that's what I got anyway when I used the code. But there's no sense using the disc. You'd need a code for Moria for more quests. Mirk's an online purchase to my knowledge. Isen you can probably order to get the code.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000000a17f/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Nate714627 View Post
    So I have been playing for a month now on the free edition and saw that I can get a 12 month VIP for $99.99, but was curious how much a single month one was.
    I think 1 month costs $15,-

Also if I have free one should I order a free or used copy of Mines of Moria Expansion or just get the Isengard one or get the Mirkwood one.
    A used physical copy of Mines expansion is useless, since the code can only be used one.
    If you can find a new copy that is a good deal.
    You get 1 month VIP and unlock Mines of Moria ( and Lotlorian I think)

Another option is the Rise of Isengard Legendary Edition. This might be expensive but gives you everything you need for a smooth progress thru all level regions.

I don't want to spend much more money just thought it would be nice to have more quests.
    You can keep questing up untill level 30 for free. Then you can keep following the Epic questline but that ain't enough so there will be grinding. Another option is buying a quest pack like Evendim and user that for more quests.
    In time you will need more Turbine Points to buy more Quest and Expansion packs.
    LOTRO can be played for free, if you are willing to grind enough deeds to earn TP without buying it.
    For this you might need multiple characters.

Finally is there any benefit to getting the Shadows of Angmar disc to install? Would I get extra benefits/quests that the free edition does not offer?
    I don't think Shadows Disc even offers VIP for 1 month, so it would just look pretty and nothing more.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000053593/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

So the price is $14.99 for 1 month, after your first membership purchase you can get VIP for $9.99 for 1 month. As for quets packs, depending on your level Bree and lonelands can get you to 30ish. Then comes evidem, that gets you to 40. Dont know what comes next but you can get Eregion (starts at 48) and then MoM. MoM get you to 60ish. You can buy mirkwood and endewaith. Mirkwood is 60-65, endewaith is 65. After that grind you can go to Isengaurd at 67ish. Then dunland and the gap of rohan can get you to 75. Also at lower lvls buy a skirmish or 2 to get a few lvls. (Just remembered, after evidem you can get forchel, 44-50ish.) It also helps to get a few xp excelerators that give you +20% monster kill exp and +20% quest xp, better at higher levels. Hope this helped.

So I have been playing for a month now on the free edition and saw that I can get a 12 month VIP for $99.99, but was curious how much a single month one was.
    I believe that promotion is over - your options now are one month for $15 or a multi-month pass (3, 6 or 12) for $10 per month.

Also if I have free one should I order a free or used copy of Mines of Moria Expansion or just get the Isengard one or get the Mirkwood one.
    If you can get an unused copy of Mines of Moria for $30 or less it's a pretty good deal. But they're hard to come by and tend to be too expensive to be worthwhile now that supply has dried up a lot.

I don't want to spend much more money just thought it would be nice to have more quests. Finally is there any benefit to getting the Shadows of Angmar disc to install? Would I get extra benefits/quests that the free edition does not offer?
    If it's an unused SoA it will have a code that will get you 1 month of VIP time. You wouldn't actually use the disc to install though, the content on that disc would require a huge amount of patching when you tried to log in. You'd just enter the code.

If you want to get more quests but keep the costs down my recommendation would be to complete the free content, then get a month of VIP. Try to time it so you have lots of time to play during that month, perhaps over Christmas if you're not going away, so you get the most out of it. Then use the 500TP from your VIP month along with the TP you've earned from deeds along the way to purchase a couple of quest packs. If you work hard on your deeds, and perhaps start a second character to work through the starter areas earning more TP, you could easily pull enough together to purchase the Moria quest pack after your VIP time runs out (and hopefully your character at that point would be at or near level 50).
    Last edited by Ozeagle; Nov 03 2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Confused about the F2P/Premium/VIP account types? [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?377885-What-happens-if...-answers-about-the-account-types]This post may help.[/URL]