We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Keeping the Faith here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    I have 3 guardians at level cap. A Miraluka, an Asuran and a Dwarf.
    I guess each are rolled in different eras of warden faulty development in between patches
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~ [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=purple]MeL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon]Circle of Trust[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#666699][COLOR=purple]Melowar [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=darkgreen]MeL thyPointedEarHunter [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=red]Crymeareaver[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?399046-Join-Warden-Squad-of-Snowbourn-%21&p=5428178#post5428178"][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]Join Warden Squad Today![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]_______[/COLOR][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][B][I]Snowbourn[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]__[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]___[/COLOR]__[/COLOR][URL="http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381206"][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]PvMP Video/Movie Gallery[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]

When I started this Thread over 2 years ago Life was bleak. I couldn’t do my job and No one seemed to want me around. I gave up all hope and soon canceled my sub and left LOTRO. After a long break I decided to check things out again and much to my amazement things seemed different.

After leveling up and getting back into the swing of things I began to start getting tells wanting me to join in and tank. In 3 and 6 mans I was everyone first choice and was even picked over Guards, much to my disbelief.

I soon visited the land of the Ettens. I was amazed when Creeps would run when they saw me. Only the best of the Best would ever attempt a 1 v 1. In big battles I was always the last one they would go after.
    Life was good again.

Hi, my name is Falrinderch and I used to tank... Hello Falrinderch!
    I just hope I still can
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001a0069/signature.png]Bracelet[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoWaR View Post
    I guess each are rolled in different eras of warden faulty development in between patches
    Pretty much,
    Left lotro for SWTOR RoI - guard 1
    Left lotro fro GW2 RoI - guard 2
    Left warden for guard in RoR - guard 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    Pretty much,
    Left lotro for SWTOR RoI - guard 1
    Left lotro fro GW2 RoI - guard 2
    Left warden for guard in RoR - guard 3
    what's next? ESO? ;(

Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    what's next? ESO? ;(
    Not sure. I'm not sure I want to add another MMO to my life. Maybe if it is amazing. Pretty tough to beat GW2 for me right now: new regular content, classes I enjoy, no sub and looks pretty.

And..
    So it begins.
    Knowledge that was not there.

And things not addressed
    Now begin to appear to
    Determined wardens.

Really tho
    Extra effort paying attention to the posts from the Beta testers who came out in the general forums after the NDA drop
    Considering their comments and experiences
    Extra effort to fix stuff now instead of
    Including their comments in the planning and discussions IN BETA
    Very likely would have been much less work and promises for the next fix of 12.1
    Except, of course, most wardens have been there before.

(As a side note, DE, you are invited to pull up a chair in here. No idea what classes you play, but .. well. you could always roll a warden and see for yourself.)

Yep, screw it

This is the last straw. So today, I got two RK's to farm sword halls t2 with me for xp (level 87). They were both geared out, had everything you could ask for. I couldn't keep aggro off the one that was healing! Bats swarmed us, I couldn't keep up, RK had to heal more, it got worse, DC was on cooldown, and then finally, they stunned me, and while my stun release took its sweet time activating (what moron made it take two seconds to un-daze anyway? I might as well wait for damn near anything to wear off!), I died.

I'm wannabe_falconer and I used to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe_falconer View Post
    This is the last straw. So today, I got two RK's to farm sword halls t2 with me for xp (level 87). They were both geared out, had everything you could ask for. I couldn't keep aggro off the one that was healing! Bats swarmed us, I couldn't keep up, RK had to heal more, it got worse, DC was on cooldown, and then finally, they stunned me, and while my stun release took its sweet time activating (what moron made it take two seconds to un-daze anyway? I might as well wait for damn near anything to wear off!), I died.

I'm wannabe_falconer and I used to tank.
    What kind of rotations were you trying to use? I have been pleasantly surprised with my ability to hold aggro. A rotation that works for me is Battle Prepping RC, pulling with that then EoB/FR/Reso a couple times. DC somewhere in there. If you're having trouble with stuns did you try Shield Tactics? It may not block them all, but you'll at least get a solid 10s at the beginning of the fight to pump out Gambits if you Battle Prep it.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

No being constructive in the wardens anonymous thread. That's exactly what I was using btw. Now go be positive elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe_falconer View Post
    Now go be positive elsewhere!
    Does such a place exist? Doth thou lands floweth with milk and honey, alas?
    [center]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

It is now nearly two weeks since release. I think I'm in shock. I don't know what's real anymore. My warden.....well, he isn't broken, but he is no longer what he once was. As biblo baggins said, my warden "feels old. Like butter, scraped over too much bread." when tanking. Mostly, my buffs are too short. I can't damage cus i need to buff, and I cant buff cus i need to damage to hold aggro. :/

but at least my hunter is OP :P
    Zacharr -- 100 -- Hunter -- Firefoot. I guess that's the new character signature :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gibraisia View Post
    It is now nearly two weeks since release. I think I'm in shock. I don't know what's real anymore. My warden.....well, he isn't broken, but he is no longer what he once was. As biblo baggins said, my warden "feels old. Like butter, scraped over too much bread." when tanking. Mostly, my buffs are too short. I can't damage cus i need to buff, and I cant buff cus i need to damage to hold aggro. :/

but at least my hunter is OP :P
    Healing skills do lots of damage. Wall of Steel for parry does lots of damage. Evade buff skills do lots of damage, and give you enough of a lead to use any low damage skills you want. You shouldn't really be stuck between damage and buffing anymore.

If you're talking AOE, then yeah there are some issues but I don't think they stem from buff durations.
    [center]
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchickn View Post
    Healing skills do lots of damage. Wall of Steel for parry does lots of damage. Evade buff skills do lots of damage, and give you enough of a lead to use any low damage skills you want. You shouldn't really be stuck between damage and buffing anymore.

If you're talking AOE, then yeah there are some issues but I don't think they stem from buff durations.
    I did a BG run yesterday, and at least there, extended buff (and HoT) durations would be immensely helpful. On Durchest, because of his crit damage MP later on in the fight, I got a few 17k and 21k melee hits that would've been a tad more manageable if I'd been able to keep my crit def buffs up more consistently. That specific issue aside, I found tanking the trash quite frustrating, in part because people are still used to the old warden aggro simply 'working' on a group of mobs, and in part because it is just obnoxious that aoe skills are all either piddly compared to the 4k+ dps that dds put out, and in part because you simply don't have time to put something like goad+FR+EoB+Desolation (with it's horrid 3 target maximum, and front-facing requirement) on a group of mobs before they're torn apart by dds standing in different spots, away from the tank. It certainly feels frustrating.
    Last edited by rannion; Nov 30 2013 at 11:38 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7