We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bug: "Biting the Hand that Feeds"

If "The Tower on the Hill" is still active in your questlog (uncompleted), the script breaks if you hand in "Scarred Wood" and "Unsettling Evidence". Gwilum will then not show any quest ring for the quest "Biting the Hand that Feeds", which opens up the quests in the Northern camp. Thus you get stuck at having done 25/26 of the Carreglyn quest deed.

I found this out because I was doing the same quests together with my boyfriend, with the only difference that he did have "The Tower on the Hill" completed. He got the followup quest, I did not.

It might of course also not specifically be "The Tower on the Hill"; perhaps you are not allowed to have any of the previous quests active in your quest log. Has anyone else encountered the same?

I've both sent tickets and reported this as a bug in-game. GM responses vary between "Please report this as a bug" to "We cannot give game-specific details of this nature. Try the Advice channel." There doesn't seem to be a solution for this so far.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#33ffcc]Ravanel (lore-master) | Ravalinde (rune-keeper) | Ravenwyn (captain)
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#40e0d0]~ Gilrain ~[/COLOR][COLOR=#33ffcc][/COLOR]
    [URL="http://ravalation.blogspot.com"]ravalation.blogspot.com[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Re: Bug: "Biting the Hand that Feeds"

I have completed The Tower on the hill, and was not offered Biting the hand that feeds.

Did a bit more searching and found there was something else that I needed as prerequisite for this quest, once i did that he offered quest as he should
    Last edited by Xzara; Nov 06 2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Found Prerequisites were not completed

What else did U do that was a pre-req to this quest? 2 of my 3 toons are offerred this but my 3rd isnt, not sure why.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000164b7/01003/signature.png]Mayax[/charsig]

I had the same issue. I noticed that I had only one other unfinished Carreglyn quest: "Guidance of the White Hand". As soon as I turned it in I got a ring over the same guy (Amlan) to turn in "Biting the Hand That Feeds" so you don't actually turn the quest in to Gwilum even though the dialog says to speak to him and the quest tracker guides you there.

Amlan is at 83.1 S, 14.5 W in Gravenwood.

Still a bug imo but the quest is able to be completed. Hope that helps!

Make sure you've done the "Scarred Wood" quest, which is started by an item drop from Warg Riders in Carreglyn, solved the problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by andys90 View Post
    Make sure you've done the "Scarred Wood" quest, which is started by an item drop from Warg Riders in Carreglyn, solved the problem for me.
    Thank you, your info helped me
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000001d0236/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]