We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Debuff watcher

Debuff watcher

Gentlemen, I just wanted to ask - it looks that with updated LUA API is possible to watch party debuffs, which can be nice for raiding/bosses. Is anyone writing some plugin to watch these (and boss buffs eventually) already? Otherwise I will be forced to break my laziness and start to write some, what's not an option I am looking for at this moment.

Re: Debuff watcher

Does this mean we could something indicating when we should reapply a skill? i.e. if Tier III writ of cold (RK skill) is about to wear off a target, a plugin could let me know to reapply this skill to keep it from dropping off? (and stop me using the skill early thus wasting power)

BuffBars will support watching party member buffs so you could makes bars or quickslots that help you know when to refresh effects like stun immunity. However the lua party api has some bugs and issues that prevent me from releasing it yet.

Target buffs/debuffs are not available to us yet so the writ of cold thing is out for the time being. I suspect they will add this to the apis in the future.

Good to hear, Pengoros, so I can save my time for something else.
    Looking forward to next BuffBars update.

We can watch for skills being used/applied from the combat log now, so you can get pretty close to tracking debuffs. You'd have to have the player manually enter how long debuffs last (depending on their traits, etc) which would be a bit annoying, and it wouldn't always be 100% accurate, but it'd be close.

I'm thinking of making something along these lines at some point as it would be incredibly useful, but it'll be a long time before I get around to it.