We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb pvp unfair towards monsters- changes I think could make monster play better

I would really like to see some changes made to monster play ASAP. I love the idea of being the bad guy in a video game for once, but the monsters are so weak, I've watched cheap players like Pentar and his gang of NPC hugging cowards take down hundreds of monsters without losing a unit. I just thought I'd post a few things I feel would help even the scales and hope Turbine sees it.

-Either mounts should be disabled in the PVP zone, or monsters should be given access to mounts. Just today I was walking about alone, doing a quest, when a ton of Pentar's goons charge in on horses, I had no way to run fast enough to get to safety, and ended up losing all the distance I covered for my quest. A ton of high ranks, with a high rank RK with 1k DPS, charging down a rank 1 orc, cheap.

-I would like to be able to get new weapons and armor, and either use money to upgrade instead of destiny points, or make upgrades cost less. Freeps can get powerful armor and weapons, and skills, and buffs. What a creep has is what a creep has. No way to get new weapons or armor, just a way to slightly increase damage and defence levels with traits. Freeps can get upgrades with small amounts of money, Creeps have to grind for hours, rank up, get destiny points, and buy very expensive upgrades using destiny points instead of money.

-It would be cool to see a PVP world in the future, a copy of Middle Earth that is separate from the normal game where every inch of the game is PVP. It would be awesome to be able to overrun Bree, bring havoc to the Shire and Lay siege on Rivindell.

I suppose that is all I have to whine about today :P I like PVP, I think the idea of monster play is great! I just feel like we monsters get the short end of the stick.

Re: pvp unfair towards monsters- changes I think could make monster play better

Hmmm - sure make ME NEVER want to play a creep and I don't see why anyone would.
    -- LOTRO - meant to be savored, not rushed through to get to the end!

Quote Originally Posted by lolusername View Post
    Either mounts should be disabled in the PVP zone, or monsters should be given access to mounts.
    I'm not an expert with the 'moors but don't creeps get a selection of maps to different outposts when they reach a certain rank? This would kinda make it more fair, wouldn't it?

Creeps have to grind for hours, rank up, get destiny points, and buy very expensive upgrades using destiny points instead of money.
    Freeps have to level from 1-75. This could take months, then if they want to get a decent rank they have to do that same grind creeps do to get themselves ranked up. Creeps don't have to level so they can jump right into ranking up.

And about freeps being more powerful than creeps... There is strength in numbers. Creeps far outnumber freeps in the 'moors so freeps have to be a little OP to be able to compete with creeps. Yes, freeps have superior Dps, but creeps have thousands more morale.

I personally like the ettenmoors the way it is right now (except those damn wargs...) and I doubt Turbine is gonna change it. If you really enjoy monster play then you should just keep ranking up. Go find yourself a group and terrorize those freeps. With lots of work and grinding through it you will become a powerful monster and freeps will see you and flee in terror

Good luck in the 'moors.

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoRider View Post
    I'm not an expert with the 'moors but don't creeps get a selection of maps to different outposts when they reach a certain rank? This would kinda make it more fair, wouldn't it?

Freeps have to level from 1-75. This could take months, then if they want to get a decent rank they have to do that same grind creeps do to get themselves ranked up. Creeps don't have to level so they can jump right into ranking up.

And about freeps being more powerful than creeps... There is strength in numbers."yes this is true but due to game mechanic having fail safe for one one side out numbers other,the ranger has been avabile to freeps and so kinda hard if they roll ranger and start 1 shoting creeps, Creeps far outnumber freeps in the 'moors so freeps have to be a little OP to be able to compete with creeps. Yes, freeps have superior Dps, but creeps have thousands more morale.Moral means nothing with current scaling,freeps burn thru 15 to 19 k wls like nothing and they dont even have thee good gear yet,so"http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?423734-We-need-some-feedback-from-you-developers./page2",dev noticed that things are not scaled up yet,so creeps will get patched

I personally like the ettenmoors the way it is right now (except those damn wargs...) and I doubt Turbine is gonna change it. If you really enjoy monster play then you should just keep ranking up. Go find yourself a group and terrorize those freeps. With lots of work and grinding through it you will become a powerful monster and freeps will see you and flee in terror

Good luck in the 'moors.
    Also just fyi, freeps on this server are pulling 5 to 17 k a day atm where as creeps only 1500 to 4k ,so id say creeps are at disadvantage till next patch

Red face Re: pvp unfair towards monsters- changes I think could make monster play better

Dear Zarkbughaz,

I just wanted to write you a quick note to let you know that I've been thinking about you and your family since I learned of your death.

There are no words I can offer that will make this any easier, but hopefully just knowing that people care will allow you to lay some of the burdens on us. If you would like me to help in funeral or memorial plans, or with contacting family members, please let me know.

I will leave you here, but please know that I am always available to you if you need me, day or night.

Love,

Danigar
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000002737b/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Meneldor Creeps: Amberlamps, R4 Warleader - Armath, R7 Reaver - Gresh, R8 Warg

Lmao, i hope Pentar reads this.

But i agree with some of the things you stated here. Creeps do hit like babies. I expect a damage bonus in the near future.

QQing only gets you trolled. Keep that in mind
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Re: Re : Re: pvp unfair towards monsters- changes I think could make monster play bet

Quote Originally Posted by Leonide View Post
    1) Being a starting monster is also being for the first couple of ranks free renown. It's just like that.
    2) Dying in a PVP environement is kinda normal.
    3) Group if you can. If you run around people will smash you in da face and well that's part of the game (I will mention a certain hobbit who let my baby reaver farm stone-trolls without harming him )
    4) You mention the zergs; thats just too bad. But keep in mind that for one hunter/warden/burglar in camouflage waiting near the spawn circles for getting his renown from level 0 reavers theres 25-50 awesome freeps who enjoy the real fights.

That's the spirit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=capbX...layer_embedded
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC7zv...eature=related

Using sarcasm over the internet is impossible in text, so it seems. The only time there's 'real' fights on Imladris is when you see a raid of freeps hiding in NPCs after their farm session ended with a few measly deaths. Thats when you know there's plenty of creeps around.
    Last edited by Mostovskiy; Oct 10 2011 at 01:34 PM.
    AKA, Mosto.

I'm never changing my signature now, Sapience.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003eb6f/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ammath88 View Post
    1 mini > army of freeps
    Says the Burglar :-P

Dying isn't my big problem, its how I'm dying that is the frustration. I know how pvp works, I know dying is normal, but the thing is, you hardly ever see people like Pentar die. When people like him log in and start capturing, there isn't a thing the creeps can do about it. Last night when I logged off, every base on the map was marked with white trees, meaning Pentar pushed though the entire server and captured everything without hardly using any of his buddies.

Yes, monsters get a lot of HP, but that don't mean anything when you have an RK taking 1k DPS and 2-3 minis protecting him and luring in NPCs.

And yes, creeps far outnumber the freeps, but that's like saying that there are more ants than humans in a given area. Sure the ants outnumber the humans, but humans can squash hundreds of ants without trying.

Cool Re: pvp unfair towards monsters- changes I think could make monster play better

Dying isn't my big problem, its how I'm dying that is the frustration. I know how pvp works, I know dying is normal, but the thing is, you hardly ever see people like Pentar die. When people like him log in and start capturing, there isn't a thing the creeps can do about it. Last night when I logged off, every base on the map was marked with white trees, meaning Pentar pushed though the entire server and captured everything without hardly using any of his buddies.

Yes, monsters get a lot of HP, but that don't mean anything when you have an RK taking 1k DPS and 2-3 minis protecting him and luring in NPCs.
    You give Pentar WAY too much credit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215010000090e22/signature.png]Symphony[/charsig]

pent can manage to take all the keeps solo? awesome means we'll need one less tank for raiding.

Stick it out for a while. You can't get a good perspective on the moors in one night, we die far more often than you realize =)
    Chaith - R11 Burglar - Gladden

i would definitely play mpvp more
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000021e3ff/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I would really like to see some changes made to monster play ASAP. I love the idea of being the bad guy in a video game for once, but the monsters are so weak, I've watched cheap players like Pentar and his gang of NPC hugging cowards take down hundreds of monsters without losing a unit. I just thought I'd post a few things I feel would help even the scales and hope Turbine sees it.

-Either mounts should be disabled in the PVP zone, or monsters should be given access to mounts. Just today I was walking about alone, doing a quest, when a ton of Pentar's goons charge in on horses, I had no way to run fast enough to get to safety, and ended up losing all the distance I covered for my quest. A ton of high ranks, with a high rank RK with 1k DPS, charging down a rank 1 orc, cheap.

-I would like to be able to get new weapons and armor, and either use money to upgrade instead of destiny points, or make upgrades cost less. Freeps can get powerful armor and weapons, and skills, and buffs. What a creep has is what a creep has. No way to get new weapons or armor, just a way to slightly increase damage and defence levels with traits. Freeps can get upgrades with small amounts of money, Creeps have to grind for hours, rank up, get destiny points, and buy very expensive upgrades using destiny points instead of money.

-It would be cool to see a PVP world in the future, a copy of Middle Earth that is separate from the normal game where every inch of the game is PVP. It would be awesome to be able to overrun Bree, bring havoc to the Shire and Lay siege on Rivindell.

I suppose that is all I have to whine about today :P I like PVP, I think the idea of monster play is great! I just feel like we monsters get the short end of the stick.

that would be so cool!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000021e3ff/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

What I would really like too see ...

1. Back to No Fences around OC and EC ...

2. Bring back the old hot spots

3. Bring back the old days when you could have a huge battle die and not get ganked or rez camped getting back too
    the battle

4. Bring back the old days when both sides were more about spending hours on end fighting rather than G and G
    ( ganking and gold tagging )

5. Bring back the days when actually being in a RAID 12 man or 24 man gave you more infamy or renown rather than getting
    more by G and G ...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Stick it out for a while. You can't get a good perspective on the moors in one night, we die far more often than you realize =)"

I spent more than just a night playing monster play. I've dealt with it for a few weeks. And I'm not trying to "Credit Pentar with anything as most are saying. I use him as an example of monsters being totally screwed because the guy can stun an entire area of monsters and deal 1k dps, sounds like a good example of the point I'm getting across. I have disarm, but never even get the chance to use it on him because his stun is ranged, its impossible to even get within hitting distance. It doesn't matter anyways, until the PVP gets better balance, I'm just going to stick with my main, where people around me actually stand a chance.

Wink Re: pvp unfair towards monsters- changes I think could make monster play better

funny, Pentar is one of the reasons i love to play. I cant help pouncing him every time i see him. Boy it makes me laugh, My family has taken to watching me do it cause its soooo funny.

We all laugh our heads of. Sometimes i cant play for laughing.

Please Pentar keep coming and giving me comic relief.

PS your new costume looks girly. lol

Lots and Lots of LOVE

Morgothspet
    xxxoooxxxooxxx

Exclamation Re: pvp unfair towards monsters- changes I think could make monster play better

Pentars death rate is probably under 10 but thats besides the point its not like hes the master or anything he jsut a guy that knows how to play very very very well and is good at getting you befre you can get him, but pvp is unfair to mp i watched a couple days ago as a band of freeps zerged all the rank 0s trying to do the mash quest it was not fun... for the rank 0s i was laughing on the inside though, creeps have hingh morale for a reason(they take massive damge vs any freep)my reaver is mostly damage and avoidance specced his bars are fulll all the way in those 2 aspects yet i went to to toe with kavorn and he was hitting 1000s on me like nothing and im like what the... this cant b happening,so in the beggining creeps are outclassed and most creeps dont make it to rank 3+ cause they get tired of getting zerged everytime they leave grams to get some quests or they try to go to hh to kill some hobits, i dont understnad that you freeps cant be getting much infamy from those rank 0 yet you still zerg tem every chance you get.

Seantitis rank 6 Reaver, Imladris
    Seanter lvl 56 Guardain,Imladris
    Seaneleer Lvl 17 burgluar, Imladris
    Seanir Lvl 27 runekeeper, Imladris

Again, not saying Pentar is the master or anything like that. Just using him as an example of this issue. I think for now, I just have to deal with it. When the high ranks aren't on, I get my chance to rank up. Hopefully with enough rank, I will eventually stand a chance in a fight against at least 1 freep. At least I am good about not letting freeps lure me into the nooby NPC traps, though sadly I tend to see many other monsters foolishly take the bait. I see so many monsters chase freeps into NPC mobs and die, cutting our numbers in half for the freeps to finish off lol.

I hope Pentar is monitoring this. I'll bet he's /blush-ing again
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Red face Re: pvp unfair towards monsters- changes I think could make monster play better

Well pvp is still unfair to mps lol i was on today as freeps steam rolled us at ra, 3 burgs a ranger and a hunter a and a lm yet and im surronded by rank 0 reavers getting ganked every second, wow, those of us rank 3+ were doing litttle better you cant stop the freep zerg train, all freeps are op in the mind of a creep, omg mosto just hit a crit 3,449 with coda fury on gragamaur lol that hurt a bit i would think the only freeps class that isnt op would be hunters, lest your talking bout irial then no shes op to, mos hunters in the moors come with what they got, irial makes sure to stock up on her fire oil and pots before she comes insitead of doing 300 damge to me she now does 700 a shot owie that hurts how ca nany mp compare with that? I soloed dogs today attacked me while i was puling slugs into npcs i won im a warleader and hes... dogs some hunters are better in groups under the saftey of there friends. So we wont get stronger till highe ranks creeps so stick it out do quests dont just run t owhere the freeps are there gonna target you first your easy meat and there all hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Seanter View Post
    Well pvp is still unfair to mps lol i was on today as freeps steam rolled us at ra, 3 burgs a ranger and a hunter a and a lm yet and im surronded by rank 0 reavers getting ganked every second, wow, those of us rank 3+ were doing litttle better you cant stop the freep zerg train, all freeps are op in the mind of a creep, omg mosto just hit a crit 3,449 with coda fury on gragamaur lol that hurt a bit i would think the only freeps class that isnt op would be hunters, lest your talking bout irial then no shes op to, mos hunters in the moors come with what they got, irial makes sure to stock up on her fire oil and pots before she comes insitead of doing 300 damge to me she now does 700 a shot owie that hurts how ca nany mp compare with that? I soloed dogs today attacked me while i was puling slugs into npcs i won im a warleader and hes... dogs some hunters are better in groups under the saftey of there friends. So we wont get stronger till highe ranks creeps so stick it out do quests dont just run t owhere the freeps are there gonna target you first your easy meat and there all hungry
    This sentence pretty much hospitalized me, you should put that in glff sometime for a guaranteed 5min freep stun.
    Chaith - R11 Burglar - Gladden

The lower ranked creeps wouldn't have so much trouble if they were learning to fight instead of flee. It's getting a little silly watching twice our numbers turn tail and run on sight of freeps. The really bad part is most of them log off without ever pvping. Then, once the freeps get bored and leave, here comes the pve zerg again. What is going on here? Did you make your creeps just for pve? You need DP that bad? Or, have you decided that free rank is the pro way to go? Whatever the problem is, I hope you will change your minds. We have a good population with potential for good fights. Let some older creeps lead your raids and kill us. Our ratings are entirely too high and we are very willing to die.
    [i]"And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000005eb/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thumbs up Re: pvp unfair towards monsters- changes I think could make monster play better

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyD View Post
    The lower ranked creeps wouldn't have so much trouble if they were learning to fight instead of flee. It's getting a little silly watching twice our numbers turn tail and run on sight of freeps. The really bad part is most of them log off without ever pvping. Then, once the freeps get bored and leave, here comes the pve zerg again. What is going on here? Did you make your creeps just for pve? You need DP that bad? Or, have you decided that free rank is the pro way to go? Whatever the problem is, I hope you will change your minds. We have a good population with potential for good fights. Let some older creeps lead your raids and kill us. Our ratings are entirely too high and we are very willing to die.
    Didn't you get the memo? The moors is a PvE zone now. Entire raids of both creeps and freeps come out with the sole purpose of questing for rank. In fact, if you interrupt these questers, they will promptly switch sides and tell you how terrible of a person you are for killing them while they were questing.

All complaints regarding the Ettenmoors should be sent directly to Turbine. Maybe then they will realize how bad they screwed up with ROI.

Anyways... just a few more weeks until TOR!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000002737b/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Meneldor Creeps: Amberlamps, R4 Warleader - Armath, R7 Reaver - Gresh, R8 Warg

Ya, I heard there there were going to be changes to PVMP in last update and was thoroughly disappointed when I logged in. They really didn't change much. I try to quest but its hard when all the bases are captured and there is nowhere to quest outside of Grimsfoot. I wish Turbine would focus more on the PVP. Updates aren't coming often enough. I'm starting to think that monsters need either better defense, more health, or better dps. Its too much to compete with the freeps with he setup being the way it is. As I said before, I've gotten annihilated countless times in 1 on 1 fights. Disarm isn't as handy as people seem to make it out to be :\.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast