We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Hunter Class Trait Recommendation?

My Hunter is L74 and has been pretty much Bowmaster class traited since he was born a long time ago. I would love some recommendations for a good DPS build (Bowmaster and/or Huntsman). I primarily solo. And help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Or if there is a web site that specializes in LOTRO Hunters, I would love to get that also. Thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002491f/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Hunter Class Trait Recommendation?

Before Isen, I would say: 5/2b for sure.
    Now? We still need to do some work and serious parses.

After a couple of personal tries, my feeling is that for sustained DPS hunstman is still the way to go. But... will not put money on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonide View Post
    Before Isen, I would say: 5/2b for sure.
    Now? We still need to do some work and serious parses.

After a couple of personal tries, my feeling is that for sustained DPS hunstman is still the way to go. But... will not put money on that.
    Thanks... I am currently trying 5 Bowmaster and 2 Huntsman but may reverse and try a 5 Huntsman and 2 Bowman to see what kind of difference I see.

Other comments and suggestions will be appreciated.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002491f/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I am trying 5B/2R (split on the crit eye trait, using currently-it's probably not worth it compared to others) and after some practise am making it work quite well I think. Improved fleetness is a pain to keep up but it's worth it I think, just need to be conscious of about the 5sec to go mark and ensure you have 6 Focus ready to go..I usually time it so that I'm inducting a swift bow when I pop it to get fucus back up quick...and it does come up quick while in fleet, can PS/BlA away very well.
    Q. What state do you live in?
    A. Denial

Im allways on same how I be before RoI, Mirkwood, MoM etc etc

4r/3b
    4r:
    Barbed fury
    Swift and true
    Critical Eye
    Fast draw

//only sometime change Barbed fury from antoher bowmaster traits

3b:
    Deadly Precision
    Strong Draw
    Resoulte Aim

to QQers what say how faily it is how no induction no dps or other stupid words:
    No power issues
    No focus issues
    Good dps
    Good induction

-ty-
    Last edited by Theandil; Oct 08 2011 at 05:03 PM.
    Laurelin RP
    sTrolling in Lotro over 8 years
    Lumiere Aineias - Captain of Highest Quality
    Leader of Kinship: What Does the Ithilien Fox Say

Personally, I've settled with 4r/3b for most solo stuff. I set myself up with:

Barbed Fury
    Swift and True
    Fast Draw
    -situational trait- For me, that covers: Shot through the Heart, True Shot, or Swift Mercy

Resolute Aim
    Swift Recovery
    Strong Draw

If I go for 5r over 4, I'll usually dump Swift Recovery for one of my "situational" ones. I run Bard's Arrow, RoT and PO for 4/3 and then CB for the 5/2. Thusfar, it's all worked exceptionally well for me.

If you have trouble with focus, you can still easily run a red dominate trait line, as Precision easily makes up for what you'd need. So, post-RoI, I think Bowmaster is more feasible than ever as being arguably one of the "best" setups. But, as always, it still falls to what you, as the player, want to do.
    Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel · Retired
    "I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."

I actually have question too ( I thought I'd just post it here rather than post a very similiar thread ). I am level 52 hunter, what traits should I have equiped right now? I just like to know what y'all think for a lower level guy like me rather than 65+ character.

Thanks, hope you don't mind me posting this here.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000172a05/signature.png]Amdur[/charsig]
    Can you tell I hate the farmer crafting profession?--^
    Wingol - Warden - Vilya - L32
    Gilhath - RNK - Vilya - L11
    Helglas - Captain - Vilya - L8

Quote Originally Posted by Doruin View Post
    I actually have question too ( I thought I'd just post it here rather than post a very similiar thread ). I am level 52 hunter, what traits should I have equiped right now? I just like to know what y'all think for a lower level guy like me rather than 65+ character.

Thanks, hope you don't mind me posting this here.
    Either 4b/ with traits to buff Needful Haste or spec more into Trapper of Foes to better deal with Moria's pulls which can be at times very nasty.
    Brynhildn Mistress Over Fear
    [B][COLOR="#FFD700"]Sons of Numenor[/COLOR][/B], Est 2008, calls on all seeking an [COLOR="#FF8C00"]established[/COLOR], [COLOR="#E399FF"]mature [/COLOR]and friendly community! Share your path with us and help build your home in a unique Kinship where you belong! [URL="http://www.sonsofnumenor.com"]SonsOfNumenor.com[/URL]

Thanks for the great suggestions, All.