We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Plugin updating?

I feel a little silly having to ask this question, but do I have to manually update my plugins? That is, do I have to watch each one of them to see if any updates are created, then download and apply it? Is there any way to be notified when updates come out? I'm just getting started using plugins, if you can't tell.
    My characters are listed at my [url=http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Elinnea#LOTRO_Characters]lotro-wiki page[/url].

Hmm

You would have to subscribe to the site you downloaded your plugins from, I assume.
    I had to update my Kragenbars on my own. It's the only plugin I use. So, yes?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000001b59b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Plugin updating?

I don't have very many plugins, but there are a few that I use regularly, and each was written by a different person. I get them all from lotrointerface.com though - it'd be nice if there were a way to group all of the ones I use so I could check them all at once.

I suppose I'll be waiting until some of the bugs with plugins get ironed out, anyway.
    My characters are listed at my [url=http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Elinnea#LOTRO_Characters]lotro-wiki page[/url].

Favorite them at the site, and periodically check your version numbers from a
    Code:
    /plugins list
    against the version numbers in your favorite list.

It's what I do, and it works pretty well.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

LoTROInterface supports sending emails when any of the plugins in your Favorites list gets updated. First, add any plugins you use to your Favorites (there's a button on each plugin page labelled "Add to My Favorites", below the big "Download" button).

Then go to your Favorites by clicking it on the Menu bar. On the left side you should have a Control Panel. Click Preferences. On the preferences page there is a section for "My Favorite Options" (it is at the very top for me) with a setting for Email Notification. Make sure "Yes" is selected and click "Update Preferences". You will now be notified by email at the address you used when you registered whenever one of your favorite plugins is updated.

Exactly what I wanted, thank you both!

Quote Originally Posted by Elinnea View Post
    I feel a little silly having to ask this question, but do I have to manually update my plugins? That is, do I have to watch each one of them to see if any updates are created, then download and apply it? Is there any way to be notified when updates come out? I'm just getting started using plugins, if you can't tell.
    There have been several schemes proposed for "automagically" updating your plugins when new ones are released, however none have been widely adopted. So once you get the email notifications that Garan mentioned, you have to go back to lotrointerface.com, download the updated version and replace (install) the old version with the new.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    There have been several schemes proposed for "automagically" updating your plugins when new ones are released, however none have been widely adopted. So once you get the email notifications that Garan mentioned, you have to go back to lotrointerface.com, download the updated version and replace (install) the old version with the new.
    Yeah, that's not bad at all. In fact I prefer it this way - I don't like my computer downloading things without consulting me first. I have all my updates set to notify me so I can then decide whether or not I want to download and apply them. I don't mind if plugins work the same way.