We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17

    Question where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    I have been looking around Evendim for pristine hides but the mobs over there are way too high for me. I am a hunter lvl 28 while they are like 36 so its impossible for me.
    1.- So I wonder if there is an specific place where lower lvls mobs can give me pristine hides.
    2.- Also I would appreciate if someone could tell me -taking my low lvl in consideration- where I can find dwarf iron and platinum ores without being slaughtered in a few secs. lol.

  2. #2

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    To be honest the at your lvl the best place to get the hides and dwarf-iron would be the auction house. If that is not an option, then dwarf-iron can be found in the Trollshaws, but most of the creatures there are lvl 33+. Pristine Hides are dropped by animals that are lvl 35-43 so that might be a little difficult right now. So back to my original idea of the auction house. Happy Gathering.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001ec421/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    204

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Heres the deal Tier 1 0-15, Tier 2 15-25, Tier 3 25-35, Tier 4 35-45. Its really a simple system but there are descricpies as in the snapper turtle area in bree has tier 3 minerals but the mobs are 20ish. The troll area in lone lands has tier 4 minerals and 29-30 mobs. But for leather and hydes its trolls insects and orcs in that area. So your best bet is finding 35 36 ish mobs for your leather. Trollshaws and evendim are the zones for those levels.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003b4caf/signature.png]Nuvorn[/charsig]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bucks County PA
    Posts
    1,811

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    At LV28 you are not going to be able to gather pristine hides by yourself. They drop off of LV35+ mobs and I don't think a LV28 would have any success. It you have a few friends that are adventuring with you, then yes you could have some success grouped. Otherwise, the AH is your best source until you gain some levels.

    Regarding gathering ores, you could probably run around gathering nodes and running away from mobs enough to make it worthwhile. I would suggest going to the Trollshaws for hides and ore that you seek. If you stay along the road, there are several resource nodes that spawn close enough to the road for you to grab them. The mobs closer to the Last Bridge are around LV33 so they won't kill you before you can get away. Some mobs will not auto attack but give warning and you can run past those.

    Good luck!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17

    Unhappy Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    First of all thank you for your answers.
    I find it really very strange that till now I have been able to gather ores and hides (tier 1-2-3) without much trouble and all of the sudden it becomes impossible (specially for the hides). It seems that the gap between tier 3 and 4 is way to big compared to the others. Now I am forced to wait about 7 levels to be able to kill the mobs who give pristine?? Thats too much in my opinion. All of the sudden my profession (Explorer= Tailor) becomes worthless as I cannot advance anymore or even make my own clothes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fixme: Unassigned
    Posts
    1,772

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strammer View Post
    First of all thank you for your answers.
    I find it really very strange that till now I have been able to gather ores and hides (tier 1-2-3) without much trouble and all of the sudden it becomes impossible (specially for the hides).
    Why is that strange. You advanced a crafting tier, and your character's level needs to advance with it. Or, are you expecting to make gather Tier 7 hides at level 20?

    It seems that the gap between tier 3 and 4 is way to big compared to the others. Now I am forced to wait about 7 levels to be able to kill the mobs who give pristine??
    In the base game, tiers 1-5 spanned levels 1-50. Tier 5 was how gear for level 50 toons could be made. If you're expecting to play this game as a non-combat crafter, you'll need to buy mats off the AH, or rethink your playstyle.

    Thats too much in my opinion. All of the sudden my profession (Explorer= Tailor) becomes worthless as I cannot advance anymore or even make my own clothes.
    Why would you need to make clothes with a minimum level requirement significantly above your own? If you're making Tier 7 tailor garments with a level 20 toon, you're not going to be able to wear them for about 50 levels.
    Have Questions? Get the Answers Here!
    The Answers to Your Questions Thread!
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Your-Questions
    I'm the leader of The Haruchai and the Elohim, an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
    Contact me if interested in a fun Arkenstone kin.
    :)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    To Elduro:
    Normally I don’t react to aggressive non-constructive comments. Just for once I will make an exception for the sake of the thread hoping to get some other useful advice.
    It seems to me that you don’t understand the problem. My character is now lvl 28 and until now –as a Tailor- I have been able to make armor of my own level when I leveled up. So light hides, medium hides and sturdy hides were not such a big problem to get because my level was approximately the same as the mobs. So tier 1, 2 and 3 were fine. But all of the sudden when I was trying to get the next tier (tier 4) I noticed that the mobs were way too high for me to kill them. And that’s the weird thing: before I was able to get them –with more or less trouble- and all of the sudden it becomes impossible. Based(!) on the lvls of the mobs of the past tiers, the mobs who give pristine hides should have to be aprox. lvl 30. It is very strange that I have to wait until I am lvl 35 to kill those mobs… and then what? Then I can make armour lvl 32(!). So there I am at lvl 35 making armor lvl 32. That’s the strange thing that I have to wear armour under my lvl. Get it?
    About the Auction House: I am a new FTP player (otherwise I would have posted this thread in the other forums) so I have a restriction called gold cap which does not allow me to have more than 2 gold. Guessing that you are not (completely) a FTP player.
    Other comments like about changing my playstyle and such I will not answer because I found them rather senseless.
    Let us keep the comments contructive, please.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fixme: Unassigned
    Posts
    1,772

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strammer View Post
    To Elduro:
    Normally I don’t react to aggressive non-constructive comments. Just for once I will make an exception for the sake of the thread hoping to get some other useful advice.
    It seems to me that you don’t understand the problem. My character is now lvl 28 and until now –as a Tailor- I have been able to make armor of my own level when I leveled up. So light hides, medium hides and sturdy hides were not such a big problem to get because my level was approximately the same as the mobs. So tier 1, 2 and 3 were fine. But all of the sudden when I was trying to get the next tier (tier 4) I noticed that the mobs were way too high for me to kill them. And that’s the weird thing: before I was able to get them –with more or less trouble- and all of the sudden it becomes impossible. Based(!) on the lvls of the mobs of the past tiers, the mobs who give pristine hides should have to be aprox. lvl 30. It is very strange that I have to wait until I am lvl 35 to kill those mobs… and then what? Then I can make armour lvl 32(!). So there I am at lvl 35 making armor lvl 32. That’s the strange thing that I have to wear armour under my lvl. Get it?
    About the Auction House: I am a new FTP player (otherwise I would have posted this thread in the other forums) so I have a restriction called gold cap which does not allow me to have more than 2 gold. Guessing that you are not (completely) a FTP player.
    Other comments like about changing my playstyle and such I will not answer because I found them rather senseless.
    Let us keep the comments contructive, please.
    Strammer,

    Sorry that you perceived my comments to be aggressive. They weren't intended to be. I do disagree with you, that they weren't constructive. All the same, I'll try to help, again.

    Your character is level 28, right? Here are some examples of Tier 4 tailor armour:

    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Recip...%5C%27s_Gloves
    Minimum Level: 35

    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Recip...orer%27s_Cloak
    Minimum Level: 38

    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Recip...r%5C%27s_Shoes
    Minimum Level: 35

    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Recip...lorer%27s_Robe
    Minimum Level: 38

    Basically, 35-38 seems like the appropriate level range for good Tier 4 tailor recipes. Does it make sense what I was saying? You will probably need to level a bit more for the Tier 4 stuff to be useful for you.

    You certainly do have the gold cap. Personally, I would consider getting rid of it (either through a temporary VIP subscription or through the LOTRO Store). If you're planning on building a serious crafting toon, that cap will turn out to be a real problem.

    Glad to keep the comments constructive as long as you keep the replies pleasant.
    Have Questions? Get the Answers Here!
    The Answers to Your Questions Thread!
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Your-Questions
    I'm the leader of The Haruchai and the Elohim, an Arkenstone kin which has been around since June 2007.
    Contact me if interested in a fun Arkenstone kin.
    :)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    95

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    @Strammer

    With Tier 3 you can craft clothes up to level 31. So maybe you should have a look in the Lorebook which recipes you don't have. And with level 31 you are closer to your goal to get pristine hides.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Palaimon View Post
    @Strammer

    With Tier 3 you can craft clothes up to level 31. So maybe you should have a look in the Lorebook which recipes you don't have. And with level 31 you are closer to your goal to get pristine hides.
    That's right I can craft clothes till lvl 31 but I have only one recipe for lvl 31 (leggings) that I got from a lucky drop. It would be nice if I could buy the recipes from a vendor but as far as I have seen they dont sell them. The max levl they sell is lvl 25 afaik.

  11. #11

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strammer View Post
    That's right I can craft clothes till lvl 31 but I have only one recipe for lvl 31 (leggings) that I got from a lucky drop. It would be nice if I could buy the recipes from a vendor but as far as I have seen they dont sell them. The max levl they sell is lvl 25 afaik.
    Expert level recipes cover the levels 22, 25, 28 and 31. The latter two are drop only. You might be able to get these also at the auction house. Of lvl 28 my tailor has 5 of the medium armor ones and only 1 of the light armor recipe. The lvl 31 ones I do not care as they are basically the same as the guild recipes. However the lvl x8 recipes did not seem to drop a lot on the 4 toons I took through that level range for now.

    Artisan covers levels 32, 35, 38, 41. The same pattern applies.

    With level 31 guild crafted gear you can easily last several levels probably even easily until 41 when the next guild crafted gear would be available.

    So there is maybe a gap of 3 levels from 32 to 35 where you are lower than the beasts who drop pristine hides but guild crafted armor gets you easily beyond that.

    Generally the game gets more interesting without some of the restrictions a pure f2p account has, some of it can be removed with TP some not at all or only insufficient in my eyes. As you soon reach the end of the free content it will be interesting anyway how you will take it from there .

    Being self sufficient in crafting with s single toon is not really possible and therefore also not what Turbine really intended.

    However back to the original question the easiest ways for me to get pristine hides would be the bears in Evendim south east of Ost Forod.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mountains of Southern CO
    Posts
    186

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Quido1 nailed it on the head! It's the Auction house for you my Friend

    Quote Originally Posted by guido1 View Post
    Heres the deal Tier 1 0-15, Tier 2 15-25, Tier 3 25-35, Tier 4 35-45. Its really a simple system but there are descricpies as in the snapper turtle area in bree has tier 3 minerals but the mobs are 20ish. The troll area in lone lands has tier 4 minerals and 29-30 mobs. But for leather and hydes its trolls insects and orcs in that area. So your best bet is finding 35 36 ish mobs for your leather. Trollshaws and evendim are the zones for those levels.
    [URL="http://profile.xfire.com/truevoiceman"][IMG]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/truevoiceman.png[/IMG][/URL]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    I am beginning to think that I am the only one in this forum who is a completely FTP player. As I said before, FTP players like myself have some restrictions regarding gold (2 gold max) and no possibility to trade in-game money (among others things) so I don't think the AH is made for us or am I wrong?
    About the guild: that's right, at the Tailor's guild you can purchase armor lvl 31 but only when you have enough reputation and as I just became member that's not possible for the time being. It will take a long while.
    On a side note: I play this game since short and it’s not my intention to spend money on this game right away. First I want to see if I like it. So for the time being I prefer to wait and see. I feel however too much pressure to become a premium/vip player and that’s something that can scare potential customers.

  14. #14

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strammer View Post
    I am beginning to think that I am the only one in this forum who is a completely FTP player. As I said before, FTP players like myself have some restrictions regarding gold (2 gold max) and no possibility to trade in-game money (among others things) so I don't think the AH is made for us or am I wrong?
    About a year ago I started out like you.
    I got two characters to about level 20-25 which was back then the maximum free content as the Lonelands went free only around November. In any case I bought three quest packs back then at 75% off (LL, North Downs and Evendim were all 75% on a single day).
    I then got Premium as the 2 gold limitation really got annoying from levels 20-30.
    Later - about 4-5 months after I started - I bought some VIP time, some TP and RoI in the end.
    I think having levels 1-30 for free and being able to get most of the game with just playing the game (even if that is very grindy) is pretty fair especially considering the high standard of the game.

    The auction house is for you as you can bid on items, however you will need to be Premium or pay for some slots with TP if you want to post items. As long as the items you want costs less than 2 gold you are fine.

    About the guild: that's right, at the Tailor's guild you can purchase armor lvl 31 but only when you have enough reputation and as I just became member that's not possible for the time being. It will take a long while.
    Well to get the current expert level guild recipes it does not take that long. I understand that you only have the expert rep items to make at the moment but the 10k rep could be reached within 13 days.
    I see that 2 weeks might seem long to you though.

    On a side note: I play this game since short and it’s not my intention to spend money on this game right away. First I want to see if I like it. So for the time being I prefer to wait and see. I feel however too much pressure to become a premium/vip player and that’s something that can scare potential customers.
    I am not sure where you see the pressure. You get free content up to around level 30. You get two free character slots per server so you can test a LOT albeit on different servers.
    Additionally you can get most of it also for free by grinding deeds but you have to grind for it. So for most things paying money gets you things quicker and makes the game more fun. Nothing wrong with that compared to other games where suddenly you are totally stuck without paying or really have to pay to win.

  15. #15

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strammer View Post
    On a side note: I play this game since short and it’s not my intention to spend money on this game right away. First I want to see if I like it. So for the time being I prefer to wait and see. I feel however too much pressure to become a premium/vip player and that’s something that can scare potential customers.
    If, by level 28, you still don't know if you like the game enough to invest in it then chances are it isn't for you. Yes, there are some things that change as you level higher, but the the essential game play doesn't change enough to make the game "likeable" if you don't already like it. If you just want to milk the entertainment value for as cheap as you can get it, then grinding and time are the only practical options for you. Turbine cannot remove all incentives for spending money on the game and still have income expectations.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17

    Unhappy Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Quote Originally Posted by monk_tbd View Post
    ...I am not sure where you see the pressure....
    The pressure is there. Besides the fact that you are confronted with the restrictions every day, almost every comment made on this thread is about becoming premium/vip.
    I started this thread just to know if there were some places where lower lvl mobs could give pristine hides and I get 99% reactions urging me about becoming premium/vip and telling me that I should me ubergrateful to be able to play for free although I have so many restrictions.
    I get the sad impression that premium/vip players hate and despise FTP players a lot.
    Guys i just wanted to know if there were lower lvls mobs giving pristine hides....

  17. #17

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strammer View Post
    Guys i just wanted to know if there were lower lvls mobs giving pristine hides....
    No, there are not. All tiers have a specific level range for mob drops. Pristine starts at level 35.

    By the way, there is no way to adequately address the issues you brought up in your second post without going into AH/Premium/VIP, et al. I personally do not despise FTP players at all. I do despise players who insist on "everything for nothing" and whine when they have to work or pay for something. Not all FTP players have this attitude but all players with this attitude are FTP.

    If it's not fun, don't do it. If not doing it results in not being able to play the game, then find another entertainment option. Or fork over the money to avoid the un-fun parts. It really is pretty much that simple with this game. There are more options to play this game than most any other game on the market today. That doesn't mean that it includes every single possible option for everyone though.
    Last edited by Laldail; Oct 08 2011 at 03:24 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    105

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strammer View Post
    The pressure is there. Besides the fact that you are confronted with the restrictions every day, almost every comment made on this thread is about becoming premium/vip.
    I started this thread just to know if there were some places where lower lvl mobs could give pristine hides and I get 99% reactions urging me about becoming premium/vip and telling me that I should me ubergrateful to be able to play for free although I have so many restrictions.
    I get the sad impression that premium/vip players hate and despise FTP players a lot.
    Guys i just wanted to know if there were lower lvls mobs giving pristine hides....
    I've read the thread, and then re-read it, and to be honest other than your own comments I can only see one other comment which even suggests going VIP. Even then that person pointed out that you can obtain the desired results via TP as well.

    As a totally free player you do have restrictions, however you have access to the entire epic quest line, the Lonelands, and two skirmishes which provide really good exp at lower levels. You shouldnt have too much trouble in getting your level to the low thirties as FTP. Along the way you will have built up enough TP to remove the gold cap from your account, and you can survive in the areas you need to be to collect the relevant craft items.

    As for the places where hides drop, as was explained early in the thread they are restricted by mob level. This is pretty much the ubiquitous way that leather loot drops across all MMO's out there. Basically if you want better loot drops, you have to kill tougher beasties.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001b03ed/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Lies, level 56 and counting!

  19. #19

    Re: where can I get pristine hide and dwarf iron ore at lvl 28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strammer View Post
    I am beginning to think that I am the only one in this forum who is a completely FTP player. As I said before, FTP players like myself have some restrictions regarding gold (2 gold max) and no possibility to trade in-game money (among others things) so I don't think the AH is made for us or am I wrong?
    Yes you are wrong. It is another game feature that a totally free player has to purchase as their characters level up. Yes, you can choose to not unlock Auction Hall slots or lift the gold cap. Your game play will be diminished because you do not has this kind of access.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan21 View Post
    First I want to see if I like it. So for the time being I prefer to wait and see. I feel however too much pressure to become a premium/vip player and that’s something that can scare potential customers.
    Lotro is a for profit game. Turbine allows you an extended free trial. It pretty smooth progress for the first 25 maybe 30 levels. At which point, you are leaving the give away portion of the game. You are faced with hard choices:

    1) Grind for Turbine Points to unlock features
    2) Spend dollars to unlock features
    3) Get frustrated and quit because you are not paying your way.

    In many ways the existing system is a lot better the other free trial mechanism. You get five days or whatever. Knock yourself out playing like crazy. Your access is removed when the timer runs out.

    You have gotten 28 levels so far. That is decent amount of game play to give you a sample to figure out if you like the game or not.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload