We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Skins!

Skins!

I would like to see new skins sometime soon! Keep the current ones, but instead of earning just one skin per rank, maybe 2-3? This would allow for much more selection and customization for each person.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000012badc/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]

Re: Skins!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsufka View Post
    I would like to see new skins sometime soon! Keep the current ones, but instead of earning just one skin per rank, maybe 2-3? This would allow for much more selection and customization for each person.
    Agreed 100%

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...nd-Suggestions

Speaking of skins, I'm a bit surprised at f2p needing to purchase the skin slot, at the same cost as legendary slots are freepside.

I mean it's only a cosmetic thing and freeps already get cosmetic customizability in the form of equipment and 2 cosmetic sets for free.

Doesn't concern me personally as I don't see myself switching server on which I creep on and I've got all creeps created during my VIP period on the server I play on so I don't need to unlock any trait slots on any of the creeps, even if I do need to unlock the classes themselves.

Yes! And make it so we can pick which sort of weapon we would like to run with. Look at the WL for example. He can have either an axe, the black sword or the cleaver ish looking sword =). I like the cleaver ish looking one, and a lot of my tribemates do too, and we hate having to relog all the time just to get that specific sword. I know this doesn't count for wargs or spiders, but I'd love to see this for the 2 legger creeps.
    [center][i][size=1][color=pink] Prancey Rank 10 Lore-master - Roxxia Rank 12 War Leader - Pranceswithwargs Rank 13 Reaver - Prancitas Rank 10 Warg [/color]
    [color=white]Skill and Valour[/color]
    [/size][/i][/center]

What Id like to see for skins (two leggers only) are these:

The OP guards for WLs.
    The use of the new Uruk-Hai model for Uruks in general and the use of the Dol Guldur Uruks (black Uruks and the pale ones with hair)

Allow us to choose our cosmetic weapons/shields for WLs/Bows for BAs.

I think it would be really cool if there were certain areas of the model that we could modify as opposed to just changing the entire skin.

For example, for wargs, you pick a basic skin, but you are able to modify what it looks like around the mouth (you could have bloodstains or none), back (scars or none), and maybe legs (not sure, maybe more scars). Also, it'd be cool if creeps got bigger with rank. I mean, come on, am I the only warg that wants to be as big as Mazug or spider who wants to be as big as the spiders in the spider den west of LC :P ? But yes, just more skins in general would be great .

Quote Originally Posted by Samus1111111 View Post
    I think it would be really cool if there were certain areas of the model that we could modify as opposed to just changing the entire skin.

For example, for wargs, you pick a basic skin, but you are able to modify what it looks like around the mouth (you could have bloodstains or none), back (scars or none), and maybe legs (not sure, maybe more scars). Also, it'd be cool if creeps got bigger with rank. I mean, come on, am I the only warg that wants to be as big as Mazug or spider who wants to be as big as the spiders in the spider den west of LC :P ? But yes, just more skins in general would be great .
    Ya know, I've always wondered why npc wargs are all bigger than us. As cool as it would be to be huge like Mazauk, very intimidating for hobbits, I think I would remain small like I am now just to be harder to spot.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000230036/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

As far as I know, mixing and matching pieces for warg armour would be impossible because its all the one model, there are no parts to mix and match. Might work for Uruks because they have seperate parts to the model, orcs aswell, but you probably couldnt change anything more than the armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Samus1111111 View Post

It could use a similar system to the skirmish soldier cosmetic system. But let's be realistic, that'll never happen.

And it's better to be smaller in pvp.
    [url=http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/en-eldar-general-discussion-749/207944-pvmp-eldar.html]Real Eldar PvP.[/url]
    [url=http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/en-eldar-general-discussion-749/245010-pvmp-eldar-part-2-a.html]More real Eldar PvP.[/url]

Hail Mungu!

Ya know what would be awesome, armored wargs. Food for thought.
    Last edited by Moejo; Oct 06 2011 at 01:39 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000230036/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Moejo View Post
    As cool as it would be to be huge like Mazauk, very intimidating for hobbits, I think I would remain small like I am now just to be harder to spot.
    I agree, but can you imagine getting knocked off your horse by something the size of a horse?
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Arvaen View Post
    I agree, but can you imagine getting knocked off your horse by something the size of a horse?
    You mean like an Uruk? Uruks are even taller than horses

I would definitely spend Points in the Store for cooler appearances (skins)

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonCabbage View Post
    It could use a similar system to the skirmish soldier cosmetic system. But let's be realistic, that'll never happen.

And it's better to be smaller in pvp.
    I completely agree. It would be awesome if they made each creep character customizable like a skirmish soldier. If they had 2-3 skins for each rank on top of store-only skins and then a few other things to trait for it would be awesome.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000012badc/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]

Skins unlocked by deeds?

Just throwing that out there as an idea.

What about the quest in TA? Armour for the Lessers or whatever it's called.

Complete that a few times to get a nice chitin plate suit for your wargie or spider

Complete it more times for better armour?

Love & Hugs

Fluffy Hithy
    Hithdraug - Former Suicidal Warg Squad

If I had a penny for every child I ran over - I could maybe afford car insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrarg View Post
    What about the quest in TA? Armour for the Lessers or whatever it's called.

Complete that a few times to get a nice chitin plate suit for your wargie or spider

Complete it more times for better armour?

Love & Hugs

Fluffy Hithy
    Start with norbogs, add cow leather padding, finish with drake scales and select pieces from big enemy bosses? :P

/me floats away into fantasyland.

i think it would be a good idea for to be able to decide(stay toned for warg and spider) what armor you can wear such as helmet shoulder possibly chest and such from all the other sets.

what i mean is that each person can use all looks from rank 1-10 and 10-15 and use any combo of the items on them, and have cosmetic slots usable for this as a perk for being creep. How to get the cosmetics would be from questing and completing deeds and you unlock the first 2 cosmetic slots from rank 4 and rank 8 while you can also buy the last couple slots once rank 10 from the store.

for wargs and spiders i say they can (same concept but with the changes mentioned after this) change the color of there skins but keep designs or tone. an example is rank 2 color of being redish and rank 3 being black top and white bottom. what would happen would be the black would become a dark red and the white becomes pale red.

sorry for any miss-information i have given and i look forward to feedback on the idea.

Sincerly Defiler looking for awesome new looks

deed skins = win

lotro store skins = lose
    [CENTER][FONT=Garamond][B][COLOR=#424242]« [COLOR=#FF0000]S[/COLOR]eyz [COLOR=#FF0000]V[/COLOR]anguard - R14 »[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042040000000a4551/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

I kinda like the current skin system, but I'm a spider and from what I saw spiders have the most variety in skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiriel View Post
    I kinda like the current skin system, but I'm a spider and from what I saw spiders have the most variety in skins.
    This wouldn't remove the old skins(or rank ones) it would just add more skins or more combo's of skin ideas to out disposal.