We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

dps meter, scrolling combat text

Im currently developing a dps meter and scrolling combat text.
    Which would you like to see first? additional tracking displays that you would like to see?

no external programs or logging needed. no lag

if you want to contribute even if you don't code some combat logs would def be nice to look through by high lvl classes fellow ship and non.

------Screen Shots will be posted shortly before beta release.
    dps meter -------

goal is to easily setup and provide realtime feedback on damage done in dif builds/stances etc.

currently implemented -----

tracks current fight dps , total dps by level range/session/instance, total strikes cast , total misses, total crits(by overall/spell)
    pretty similar to skada if you play wow.

to be added heal tracking is on my list as the next step
    --------------------------------------------

scrolling combat text well is basically self described. very much along the feel of the wow additions. just for looks mostly.

------------------------------------

Re: dps meter, scrolling combat text

Most definitely scrolling combat text. If it can display quest updates etc that would be awesome.

Prepare for rather a lot of comments on this! DPS meters rather split the community.

For me? Scrolling combat text please!
    Formerly know as [B]MrJackdaw[/B]
    Author of [I]Bevy-o-Bars, SortPack, VBar[/I] and [I]BuffFrame[/I]
    Characters; [B]Dirmac[/B], [B]Dvarlin [/B]and [B]Fathiriel[/B]

Yes there's gonna be flame I can imagine when the masses realize this can be done now. However imo it's a nice addition. Keep up the good work.

Oh once you get the basics done perhaps add some sort of log to keep track on highest hits or so. Even a monster kill counter might be doable eh. But that's maybe another plugin.

Cheers.
    ╔- -- -
    ║■ Author of DaimonUI for The Lord of the Rings ONLINE ■ Lotrointerface.com ■ ðÐ
    ║■ Sürmä öf Föröchël, Chämpiöns öf Läürëlin. Fröm thë kin öf Thë Shädöws ■
    ║■ http://www.moxguild.com/
    ╚- -- -

Monster kill counter would be fun! How many orcs can I kill per hour... hmmm....
    Formerly know as [B]MrJackdaw[/B]
    Author of [I]Bevy-o-Bars, SortPack, VBar[/I] and [I]BuffFrame[/I]
    Characters; [B]Dirmac[/B], [B]Dvarlin [/B]and [B]Fathiriel[/B]

just an update. dps/heal meter (tracker)

will be included in a beta this weekend

-- fight dps
    -- session dps
    -- total hits
    -- total crits + perc
    -- total heals
    -- fight heals
    -- Hps
    ------------------------------currently working on a small display Ui to begin beta testing

do you want floating text above your head at the end of fight displaying fight dps?

You mean like one single floating text line stating how much DPS/Heal we did in the last fight? If so, that would be nice if the main plugin window can perhaps be minimized or be made completely invisible (or atleast very faded so it won't detract from the graphics of the game)?

For anyone wondering about CombatAnalysis, it is gonna get an update or two (a UI update again, and a switch to using in game parsing, etc, etc) and be out in 1-2 weeks.
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

progress update

yellow button - offensive info
    red - defensive info
    green - heal info

oops forgot

at end of the fight floating text goes up over head displaying last fight dps/heal
    so all i have left is the heal frame, this is just all very basic when i release in a day or so,

upcoming---
    percentage bar displays
    biggest hit tracking
    dmg by spell
    power per 5 sec.

Arrow Re: progress update

Update ---- 10/8

i have complete parsing of the combat log done.
    HPS is now working panel shows total healed , cur fight HPS , total in combat HPS

dps - realtime dps, last fight, total dps for session total crit %

defense - block evade parry resist percent shown based on total hits taken devided by instances of type

added floating text at the end of each fight that displays the last fights dps
    floating txt for new hardest hit

added a reset meter tracking, for each type by right clicking on the appropriate color

added minimize to where its only about 20pix tall with cur dps displayed

has spell tracking built in but not displayed to ui at this point.

i will be releasing the alpha tonight or tomorrow for error testing. once i get those results done
    i will tie in damage types/skill percentage bars based on dmg done by spell type. and power regen per 5 in combat
    and take any suggestions of option screens etc that you may want to suggest

happy gaming

Quote Originally Posted by itsallhype820 View Post

yellow button - offensive info
    red - defensive info
    green - heal info

oops forgot

at end of the fight floating text goes up over head displaying last fight dps/heal
    so all i have left is the heal frame, this is just all very basic when i release in a day or so,

upcoming---
    percentage bar displays
    biggest hit tracking
    dmg by spell
    power per 5 sec.

i'm sorry i hadn't seen this before... will have to follow the LUA forums more closely.

what's the status on this project?
    I like the way it looks so far. I really like the dps meter and keeping track of bpe's and hps!

But I don't see any releases so maybe it got stalled?