We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Draigoch the Red - Challenge Completion - Fun but Buggy

Remember, file bugs with details and you increase the chances of issues being resolved!

Congrats all on a job well done!

Narsils Zorn DE-RP Belegear downs Draigoch Hardmode today.

But our Deed is buggy

Waiting for a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itoo View Post
    Narsils Zorn DE-RP Belegear downs Draigoch Hardmode today.

But our Deed is buggy

Waiting for a GM.
    The GM won't be able to help - trust me. You'll just have to do it again after the locks reset and do less sight-seeing this time.

(And if a GM does help, please let us know who this angel is.)

We were toying around with this fight today, bugged out on us twice. Each time was after our first go at the body, he'd come back up we'd fight him some then he'd just stay still instead of transitioning. Happened twice in a row at the same point in the fight, so not sure if it's something we were doing wrong or not.

Also, I don't really understand what the difference is between t2 regular and t2 challenge. Can anyone educate me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellery01 View Post
    We were toying around with this fight today, bugged out on us twice. Each time was after our first go at the body, he'd come back up we'd fight him some then he'd just stay still instead of transitioning. Happened twice in a row at the same point in the fight, so not sure if it's something we were doing wrong or not.

Also, I don't really understand what the difference is between t2 regular and t2 challenge. Can anyone educate me?
    Challenge: nail every CJ
    T2: kill with 12 people
    T1: kill with 24 people
    [B]Baslion[/B][COLOR=red][B]
    Dineanddash[/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=#800080]
    [/COLOR][/B]

We were only able to knock him down once before it bugged out on us each time, but we only did a few hundred thousand damage and there were no cjs that started other than the ones our burgs forced. He didn't lose that little buff that says his armor is impenetrable. Assuming that happens later :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ellery01 View Post
    We were only able to knock him down once before it bugged out on us each time, but we only did a few hundred thousand damage and there were no cjs that started other than the ones our burgs forced. He didn't lose that little buff that says his armor is impenetrable. Assuming that happens later :P
    You have to manually trigger the CJs.
    [B]Baslion[/B][COLOR=red][B]
    Dineanddash[/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=#800080]
    [/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by KiboshGT View Post
    Grats Maelstrom! We did the raid last night and got challenge, then Draigoch decided to go out of combat with one last dps rotation left and wouldn't do anything. We did get a T7 relic and 6 Superior 4th marks for our troubles I guess. Pretty lame though.
    Phase 3 break again - this time with 1.1M remaining. This fight takes way too long to just keep getting to this point and having him lock up on us.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000001e6fe/01008/signature.png]Admo[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Admo View Post
    Phase 3 break again - this time with 1.1M remaining. This fight takes way too long to just keep getting to this point and having him lock up on us.
    Define 'way too long'. Also, ..are you having much success with FMs ? It cuts the time ..significantly.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Define 'way too long'. Also, ..are you having much success with FMs ? It cuts the time ..significantly.
    We're doing fine with the FMs, we completed CM last night (and would have tonight if it was re-bestowed).

"Way too long" = 45+ min without having much issues (other than random misadventure deaths here and there) and then having it completely bug out on us.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000001e6fe/01008/signature.png]Admo[/charsig]

Down on the third try.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but don't stand in the center when you defeat him.

Down on the third try.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but don't stand in the center when you defeat him.
    Yea, I stood in the middle, was annoying.
    [size=2][b]Aquathir[/b][/size] [size=1]| [color=Aqua]Hunter[/color][/size]
    [size=2][b]Magnesium[/b][/size] [size=1]| [color=Aqua]Loremaster[/color][/size]
    [size=2][b]Iaculator[/b][/size] [size=1]| [color=Aqua]Warden[/color][/size]
    [size=1][color=Crimson]Officer[/color] of [url=http://rotaonline.org]Maelstrom[/url], [b]Meneldor[/b][/size]

Down on the third try.

You don't want to spoil it, but you spoil it nonetheless?

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    The fight is way too long even with CJs imo. Well, given the repetitive mechanics anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_Columbus View Post
    Remember, file bugs with details and you increase the chances of issues being resolved
    Increase the chances, really?

One can assume that the developers would/should have more of a vested intrest in quality control and maintain an ever vigilant attitude of quality assurance.

Phrasing the aforementioned buggyness of this raid via bug reports as having an " Increasing the chances at a fix" does not seem to me like you are taking the approach of systematically monitoring the different aspects of a service, process or facility, to detect, correct, and ensure that quality standards are being met.

But maybe that's just me, I'm often too critical as retail consumer. ;p
    Last edited by dhurrack; Oct 05 2011 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuff View Post
    It won't spoil anything man, the advice is sound.
    [size=2][b]Aquathir[/b][/size] [size=1]| [color=Aqua]Hunter[/color][/size]
    [size=2][b]Magnesium[/b][/size] [size=1]| [color=Aqua]Loremaster[/color][/size]
    [size=2][b]Iaculator[/b][/size] [size=1]| [color=Aqua]Warden[/color][/size]
    [size=1][color=Crimson]Officer[/color] of [url=http://rotaonline.org]Maelstrom[/url], [b]Meneldor[/b][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Smuff View Post
    That was exactly my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatium View Post
    It won't spoil anything man, the advice is sound.
    The advice is sound if they don't care about seeing a very cool scene, sure.

Let people find this stuff out for themselves, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    That was exactly my thought.

The advice is sound if they don't care about seeing a very cool scene, sure.

Let people find this stuff out for themselves, I say.
    Ya know what, you're right, don't stand at a safe distance to watch the ending scene. You can get your deed completion done next week. /sarcasm_off

Sorry I provided any advice... we just had 9 very pissed off raiders after this fight.

Ya know what, you're right, don't stand at a safe distance to watch the ending scene. You can get your deed completion done next week. /sarcasm_off

Sorry I provided any advice... we just had 9 very pissed off raiders after this fight.
    And we had 11 people of varying degrees of upset (myself included) - but I have two reasons for wishing that you didn't spoil it:

1) I like when people learn things for themselves, and;

2) More importantly, what happened to your 9 and our 11 (and very likely numerous other people) is probably a bug and should be reported by as many people as possible so that it becomes an official Known Issue (and hopefully gets fixed sooner rather than later).

On a related note, our one single person who did complete the deed would like a unique title: "Follower of Directions", or something similar.

And we had 11 people of varying degrees of upset (myself included) - but I have two reasons for wishing that you didn't spoil it:

1) I like when people learn things for themselves, and;

2) More importantly, what happened to your 9 and our 11 (and very likely numerous other people) is probably a bug and should be reported by as many people as possible so that it becomes an official Known Issue (and hopefully gets fixed sooner rather than later).

On a related note, our one single person who did complete the deed would like a unique title: "Follower of Directions", or something similar.
    What exactly did I "spoil"? What I've said is simply to warn people to avoid turning their very good night (first kill) into a very sour one. I agree that learning is most of the fun, but after spending over an hour in a single fight only to have your deeds not complete is NOT fun or a learning experience - it's a cruel joke.

To your 2nd point, this type of bug has been around for a very long time (DN?).

What exactly did I "spoil"? What I've said is simply to warn people to avoid turning their very good night (first kill) into a very sour one. I agree that learning is most of the fun, but after spending over an hour in a single fight only to have your deeds not complete is NOT fun or a learning experience - it's a cruel joke.

To your 2nd point, this type of bug has been around for a very long time (DN?).
    Yeah, and I've seen the same type of bug in BG and OD as well. If it's intended behavior that people not get credit for deeds under certain conditions, then okay. But if it is intended, then you're absolutely correct that the end of the Draigoch fight is a cruel joke and, quite honestly, all deeds that work this way should be updated to include this information.

I just wish that we had a clear way to get things onto the Known Issues list, frankly. It's quite frustrating for player after player to be told that something isn't a known issue, and even more frustrating when that information is communicated inconsistently (see the OD War Steed thread - you can basically get one of three responses from a GM regarding not receiving the OD War Steed, and all three are different: no response, "not a known issue and there's nothing I can do", and "known issue that'll be fixed later".) I'm afraid that groups asking GMs for help on this deed will get the same response (our group received the first two, although all but one received no response).

On a different note, why should we keep all the fun of experiencing the (potentially cruel) joke to ourselves?

But if it is intended, then you're absolutely correct that the end of the Draigoch fight is a cruel joke
    Since this cat seems to be escaping its bag, let me add a message to the developer who thought this ending was a good idea: it's not funny, it's not clever and it is a horrible and unpleasant way to spoil what should be a triumphant moment for a group who just beat the encounter for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmas_Eldar View Post
    Since this cat seems to be escaping its bag, let me add a message to the developer who thought this ending was a good idea: it's not funny, it's not clever and it is a horrible and unpleasant way to spoil what should be a triumphant moment for a group who just beat the encounter for the first time.
    I actually think that it's a cool idea and a neat finish. I just think that it's being received poorly due to the fact that it seems to bug the deed. If the deed didn't get screwed up, I think that most of us would probably enjoy the ending even if it were unavoidable.

If the deed didn't get screwed up, I think that most of us would probably enjoy the ending even if it were unavoidable.
    Yeah, I guess. I'm still feeling grouchy about it but you're probably right .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast