We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Buffbars crashing?

I like to run the plugins manager with buffbars and tonicbars both running. I can no longer run both. If I run buffbars with or without the manager my client crashes, usually the first time I kill a mob.

Is anyone else having the problem?

Does anyone know a fix?

Thanks.
    What goes around comes around.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001ae9a0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Buffbars crashing?

Buffbars is one of the known culprits for the game crashing. There is a temporary fix on lotrointerface.com

Any plugin that accesses the players inventory currently causes Sauron himself to appear before the player, crashing their computer in a wave of sheer evil awesomeness. At least, that is what I have persuaded myself. Sauron did it. Honest.
    Formerly know as [B]MrJackdaw[/B]
    Author of [I]Bevy-o-Bars, SortPack, VBar[/I] and [I]BuffFrame[/I]
    Characters; [B]Dirmac[/B], [B]Dvarlin [/B]and [B]Fathiriel[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Dvarlin View Post
    Any plugin that accesses the players inventory currently causes Sauron himself to appear before the player, crashing their computer in a wave of sheer evil awesomeness. At least, that is what I have persuaded myself. Sauron did it. Honest.
    That Sauron needs to keep his nose out of my inventory. Someone is going to get really angry and throw his favorite ring into a lake of lava.
    What goes around comes around.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001ae9a0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I just updated BuffBars to version 1.2.1 which disables the code affected by the lua bug. It shouldn't cause any client crashes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengoros View Post
    I just updated BuffBars to version 1.2.1 which disables the code affected by the lua bug. It shouldn't cause any client crashes now.
    Pengoros, howcome BuffBars doesn't show up on the Latest 100 list on LOTROInterface? I use that to see what plugins get updated and for some reason BuffBars doesn't show up there.

I'm talking about this list: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/latest.php?

It probly haSNT been verified yet.
    [CENTER][color=cyan]:: Emmarie Candlewick - Aspiring Talespinner :: Landroval ::[/color][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?528473-Laila-s-Market-Hairstyles"]:: Hairstyles in Laila's Market[/URL] :: [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?326064-Morroval-Characters"]Morroval Creeps ::[/URL][/CENTER]

Yep it wasn't showing up because the file hadn't been verified yet. It is there now.

Thanks for the quick fix Penogoros.

I've been playing this game since closed beta and I don't know how I survived before I found BuffBars.

Keep up the good work.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=#ff0000]Darkrain / [/COLOR][COLOR=#fff0f5]Ghostdog[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]
    Pouncing Pwny[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

How do you install this in windows 7? I put it under 'my documents/lotro' in like 8 diff places and it still dsoresnt show up in the game... yes I did the /plugins command in the text chat

Quote Originally Posted by pax256 View Post
    How do you install this in windows 7? I put it under 'my documents/lotro' in like 8 diff places and it still dsoresnt show up in the game... yes I did the /plugins command in the text chat
    The issue is probably the spelling of "Plugins" -- it is plural and capitalized, not singular. And the directory should be "The Lord of The Rings Online" i.e. spelled out, not abbreviated.

"My Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/Plugins" is the full path/filename.

I would strongly recommend you download LPC- The LOTRO Plugin Compendium from Lotrointerface.com
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=663

This is a .exe file and will do two things for you: 1- it give you a current list of Plugin versions available and 2- when you select one or more to download, it will create the /Plugins directory for you and store the plugins in the correct location.

On subsequent executions it will check your existing plugins against the database to see if they have been updated; you then select them and it will download and update them for you.

Remember. The /Plugins folder is read only ONCE -- when the client launches. You need to quit the client, not simply minimize it to the tray, then re-launch it to have the Turbine Client see the plugins.

A note to Mac and Linux players -- there is a separate Java based version of LPC available for you (which can also be run under any version of windows with a current version of Java).
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (104)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (91)