We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Missing Starkmoor quests

Just started Starkmoor quests on my minstrel, after 3 horse quest (i forgot its name) npc Levelha stops giving rest of them, i couldn't get through it -_-

Anyone had this problem or am i doing something wrong ?

Re: Missing Starkmoor quests

the starting quests for that region will be given to you in the city Gultev (can't remember the correct name of the new major city in Dunland, sorry), there you'll get about 7-8 quests for that part of Dunland
    .]

I had this same problem. On the road from Galtrez to Avardin there is a guy with a crashed cart. He will initially have 4-5 quests for you and after you complete those it opens up lots of quests in Avardin.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001f71c9/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I had the same problem also....hence how I got to this thread. Yes it's the guy at a cart at the crossroads north of Starkmoor you probably need to see. You get the To The Starkmoor quest from the NPC in Galtrev near trainers I believe...but the quest shows up under the Rise of Isengard section making it easy to miss. And the NPC you need to see is nowhere close to Starkmoor so you run around there and never see any rings.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000014fe81/signature.png]Sculptor[/charsig]

I'm still missing 4 of the Starkmoor quests. I got the guy with the cart and the quest that sent me to Avardin from Galtrev. The only rings left in Avardin is the one from the Culling pit. Any ideas on what I missed?

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently its a bug.

Originally Posted by Laivindur
    "I can help you only with Avardin quests. at Avardin there is a place called The Pit, there are 4 challenges-quests but you need a fellowship for them!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Berephon View Post
    Ding! Just looked into the quest files...the designer left them marked for deed completion. My suggestion...move along. After these are fixed (and the fixes go live), you'll get an auto-complete for the deed. They should not be counting towards the deed.
    Last edited by Feandune; Oct 02 2011 at 01:35 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000a2495/01008/signature.png]Feandune[/charsig]

That's just a bug with the deed though. As someone mentioned above, there are really two quest sequences in Avardin and that seems to be it.
    1 - the stable hand has a few in sequence that complete rather quickly. No other NPC in town has a quest ring though, even when I'm sent there by Nona to help out.
    2 - after fixing the cart for the NPC on the road you get sent to his son north of Avardin. I do a small instance with him and then he hands me a quest called "The Ledger" that directs me to pick up some carrots on the eastern field of the farm. I can see where the carrots probably are on the terrain, but they are not interactable. I've tried dropping the quest, no good.

So there are two problems with this quest area. First, despite being told to "help the people out" there aren't any other NPCs to assist besides the stable hand. Second, the Ledger quests are quite broken.

[e] Well I feel silly now. I spoke with a GM about issue #2 and the problem was that the ledger itself was a quest starter item, which I just didn't notice when I had the dialog open. It doesn't create the "quest item in your bag" icon though.
    Last edited by x24702; Oct 02 2011 at 03:22 PM.

Edit: Doah... Nevermind = I didn't read the post above where Berephon is quoted... Guess I'm done when it's patched.

Arrrg... I'm also missing 4 quests to finish. I thought perhaps the Culling pit might have a chain (I havent done that) or that perhaps there might be a mob defeat that has a drop that starts a chain.

I found the guy with the cart and have progressed to the part where some "monster" is stealing children and they seem to send me to the bogs with that questline.

a) Do they send you back to the moors at some point where there are more quests available?
    b) Is it another bug with quests that are unavailable or not registering properly? (like the old goat quests or the 37th quest in the area where there are actually only 36 available)
    c) Have I missed some quest hub?
    d) Any other advice?

I'll just talk to Nona and go to the Bogs but lol this is getting to be a PITA to have to watch your quest/deed progression for bugs in every zone.
    Last edited by FittyBolger; Oct 02 2011 at 07:20 PM.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Nevermind - didn't read the above quote

Quote Originally Posted by Feandune View Post
    Originally Posted by Berephon
    "Ding! Just looked into the quest files...the designer left them marked for deed completion. My suggestion...move along. After these are fixed (and the fixes go live), you'll get an auto-complete for the deed. They should not be counting towards the deed."
    This still appears to be bugged.

Before today's update I had 26 of 30 in Starkmoor (the 4 missing were the 4 culling pit quests).

Now I have 26 of 27. Looks like only 3 of 4 culling pit quests were removed from the deed completion.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000012ce/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MarkNH View Post
    This still appears to be bugged.

Before today's update I had 26 of 30 in Starkmoor (the 4 missing were the 4 culling pit quests).

Now I have 26 of 27. Looks like only 3 of 4 culling pit quests were removed from the deed completion.
    This is the same for me as well. Didn't quite get it fixed apparently.

What was the point of fixing the quest log to 26/27 when it seems a fellowship quest still required. I wonder if they ever will fix it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000130007/01004/signature.png]Elenyae[/charsig]

Anyone notice a new solo quest in the area (maybe a starter body-drop)? Or did they just mess up?

The problem still exists. I'm currently 26/27 for Starkmoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariandi View Post
    The problem still exists. I'm currently 26/27 for Starkmoor.
    Turbine did not realize that there were four Culling Pit quests. We have to wait for Update 5 in December for another attempt at fixing this issue.

Patch 1 is a typical out of cycle - hot fix. Not all the changes fix the problem they were supposed to address. Or the change, is no improvement at all - move the problem somewhere else - or introduces new problems that are worse than the original problem. The doctor joke - The surgery is a success but the patient died.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.