We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Lua Chat objet

Lua Chat objet

Because I am an utter spaz who can't wait the 1 - 2 days it'll take to get some documentation on the chat object, here's how it works:

Code:
    function Turbine.Chat.Received(f, args)
    	for k, v in pairs(args) do
    		Turbine.Shell.WriteLine(k .. ": " .. tostring(v));
    	end
    end
    f will be the Turbine.Chat.Received function, and args will have the fields "Sender", "ChatType", and "Message". Looks like it'll need a handler manager so scripts aren't stomping on each other's chat handlers.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like Turbine.Shell.WriteLines don't trigger the chat received event, so you can't send yourself into an infinite loop that way.
    Last edited by moebius92; Sep 26 2011 at 06:27 PM.

Re: Lua Chat objet

Thank you for posting this! I can now finish up some new plugins.
    [CENTER]Othrandir[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Resistance - Brandywine[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by moebius92 View Post
    Because I am an utter spaz who can't wait the 1 - 2 days it'll take to get some documentation on the chat object, here's how it works:

Code:
    function Turbine.Chat.Received(f, args)
    	for k, v in pairs(args) do
    		Turbine.Shell.WriteLine(k .. ": " .. tostring(v));
    	end
    end
    f will be the Turbine.Chat.Received function, and args will have the fields "Sender", "ChatType", and "Message". Looks like it'll need a handler manager so scripts aren't stomping on each other's chat handlers.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like Turbine.Shell.WriteLines don't trigger the chat received event, so you can't send yourself into an infinite loop that way.
    Very nice. Thanks for the research.
    Lycius [size=1][color="gray"][ELF HNT][/color][/size] / Dannav [size=1][color="gray"][MAN WDN][/color][/size] / Pius [size=1][color="gray"][HOB BUR][/color][/size]
    [i][color="gray"]Landroval[/color][/i]

Sweet, thanks. I'm probably going to get into this in a few days. Hopefully we do also get some documentation soon.
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

I was able to put this to use in the Raid Rolls plugin: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=607
    Lycius [size=1][color="gray"][ELF HNT][/color][/size] / Dannav [size=1][color="gray"][MAN WDN][/color][/size] / Pius [size=1][color="gray"][HOB BUR][/color][/size]
    [i][color="gray"]Landroval[/color][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Lycius View Post
    I was able to put this to use in the Raid Rolls plugin: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=607
    See the comment I posted on LotroInterface... It doesn't load for me.

Sender always seems to be the local player, are there any cases where it isn't? I would have thought Sender would be the name of the player sending the message in cases of chat.

? i havnt run into this problem, i have several filters made up to parse chat text. for example combat related sends are always in 2 , so just filter out the chan you want (number) then run the message through filters to determine message type

Yes the chat type is working for me. Here is an example of what I meant. Say I receive this message from glff. Here are the values of the event.

args.ChatType = Turbine.ChatType.UserChat1
    args.Sender = Pengoros
    args.Message = [glff] Oden: 'testing'

I would have thought that args.Sender would be Oden and not my character name Pengoros. Everything I've seen always has args.Sender = Pengoros.

ahh i see what you mean now, ill test this in a bit. i just glanced through my parsing the reason i havnt run into this is just the fact that, i make a class like

chatSrch.type = 2
    chatSrch.msgType = 3
    chatSrch.Pattern = "glff"

... and so on

then in the event i check 1st the type, then move to msg run the message through a type set function (so type might be 2 but has several sub types) with the pattern. if it comes back true, i then pull and store the info out of the message. and add that info to a message q that is time stamped.

Maybe its a sign they're thinking of eventually allowing us to access other players's chat logs in game . I can only hope.
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"