We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Primary Stat

Primary Stat

Anyone else think it should be Vitality (For Guards too)? As it stands there's very limited gear for Might/Vit since 75% of the quest rewards for medium armor are all Agi/Vit. At least if Vitality were our focus then we could balance Might for the physical mitigation and agi for the increased crit chance.

Re: Primary Stat

No, vitality should never be a primary stat. It would be too powerful if Tanks could get their DPS ratings from pumping their Health as high as possible. Agility would be the more logical stat, but we had brought this up many times in beta, and the devs never seemed to show any interest in changing it. As it stands, the new stat changes are least beneficial for wardens, because we still need all stats, as opposed to pumping 1 or 2 (3 if you include vit, which all classes need) like the other classes can get away with.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019bee4/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Boogey383 View Post
    As it stands there's very limited gear for Might/Vit since 75% of the quest rewards for medium armor are all Agi/Vit.
    I don't think it matters much, actually. Crafted and raid armors give might, isn't that enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by ndbot View Post
    because we still need all stats
    Do we ?
    I only need might.
    Last edited by Aeronth; Sep 29 2011 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeronth View Post
    Do we ?
    I only need might.
    Might for damage/parry/block
    Agility for Eva/Crit
    Vitality for a decent Morale pool and mitigations
    Will for a decent power pool
    Fate for ICPR/crit.

If you are pushing nothing but might, you will probably have trouble doing anything endgame related. If all you do on Warden is solo, then Might only is ok.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019bee4/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

... blah blah...
    We don't need agility, will nor fate. We need dodge rating, power and ICPR.
    The attributes we benefit the most from are might and vitality (= melee, block and parry rating, morale and mitigations). If you need anything else, then raw stats will be better, unless you find a very unbalanced item.
    So I'll be fine with might until 75.

We don't need agility, will nor fate. We need dodge rating, power and ICPR.
    The attributes we benefit the most from are might and vitality (= melee, block and parry rating, morale and mitigations). If you need anything else, then raw stats will be better, unless you find a very unbalanced item.
    So I'll be fine with might until 75.
    I was in beta, and let me tell you, if all you do is equip Might and Vit gear, and just raw stats elsewise, you'll have a seriously low power pool and pathetic power regen. To each their own though, I suppose.

I was in beta, and let me tell you, if all you do is equip Might and Vit gear, and just raw stats elsewise, you'll have a seriously low power pool and pathetic power regen. To each their own though, I suppose.
    And I thought forums were made to debate.

And I thought forums were made to debate.
    They are, I'm just stating my belief and source of information and experiences that support it.

Alright, so if anyone cares about my own experience : I have almost no bonus will/fate (even though I bought all +50 tomes) yet I never saw a warden with a larger power than mine on my server. I'm not even using Conservation stance because I never run out of power. Even if I did, I couldn't use tDBtD because I never fall under 50% morale. And I'm very irritated because I can't stack DoTs properly on my targets before they die.

Tell me why I should care about agi, will, fate or even vitality right now ?

Alright, so if anyone cares about my own experience : I have almost no bonus will/fate (even though I bought all +50 tomes) yet I never saw a warden with a larger power than mine on my server. I'm not even using Conservation stance because I never run out of power. Even if I did, I couldn't use tDBtD because I never fall under 50% morale. And I'm very irritated because I can't stack DoTs properly on my targets before they die.

Tell me why I should care about agi, will, fate or even vitality right now ?
    And how much power do you have exactly? and ICPR in conservation?

2800+ power, 900+ ICPR without conservation (I'm not using its legacy). I think I could hit 1000 ICPR with Loth wrists.

with might and vita base 600 (usually play with cappy) I usually go with minimum over 3100P and ICPR 1590 with conv and min 7200M. So there are wards with power over yours then

Quote Originally Posted by Tarsus666 View Post
    So there are wards with power over yours then
    They're hiding so no one can see their morale bar.

Anyway, I think this pointless conversation proved... that personal experience actually proves nothing. Back to theorycrafting, gentlemen !

Of course it doesnt prove anything. Classes, especially wardens are so flexible that same effect may be reached countless different sets of stats.
    I still like to brag about it though, purely for fun of conducting technical debate

I was running with a 2800 power pool and 1600 ICPR pre ROI.

Now its like 2900 and 600 ICPR and I am never having power issues...even in recklessness. Look at my new jewelry (link below), I don't think there is fate or will on anything. I only pick things with might, vit and raw morale. Agility sometimes comes along for the ride though.

Edit: My morale last night was around 11.5k in that gear. Not sure why its only showing 10.5k...oh well...i'm glad it is updating.

As tanks, our primary stat IS Vitality. Our threat is largely independent of dps, so Might is more of a "nice-to-have."

As support/reasonable-facsimile-of-dpsers, our primary stat is Might, however.

Right now, I'm pretty much ignoring everything else other than might and vit. Still 65 , and both are up in the 700s. When I have to worry about tanking again, I'll look at other stuff.

I think they may have overdone our power problems fix. It takes a concerted effort to run out of power now.

Quote Originally Posted by duamarth View Post
    I think they may have overdone our power problems fix. It takes a concerted effort to run out of power now.
    Are you talking about fighting landscape mobs only or in actual instances as well?

So with efficient thrust traited and doing spear gambits I don't have a power problem. Once I start doing fist of shield gambits I can see my blue bar start dropping. Our dps is more stable with regards to power, but I'd wait to say they went to far until we get to tanking with a group and report our power issues.

It is nice right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    So with efficient thrust traited and doing spear gambits I don't have a power problem. Once I start doing fist of shield gambits I can see my blue bar start dropping.

It is nice right now though.
    Well, there was no power problem before RoI when traiting efficient thrust and killing landscape mobs, either, so I agree that that does not seem to be representative,too.

Own experiences concerning power:
    At level 75, the flate 10% decrease in power costs for all gambits is almost negated by the automatic raise in power costs for skills when leveling up... so basically Gambits pre-Isengart at 65 cost almost exactly the same power as Gambits at 75 post-isengart.
    So it plays quite similar in Groups or instances like before if you manage to get the same Icpr and power pool (regardless of going for Will or Fate or ICPR or max power on gear) ...

-----------

Own experiences regarding stats:
    Due to power issues almost being the same I geared for pure might/vit when leveling, too. Traited red and using efficient trust, BM and using OOCPR food I was able to level easily with 700ish icp in Recklessness (had 1300 b4 isengart) when I just waited for power to regen inbetween fights.
    Due to extremely raised Vit and Might, Mobs were no threat at all and went down easily.

When grouping though, I have to get back to icpr and/or max power equip again. Thus I'm wearing 3 jewelries which would be seen as "caster stuff" just to help out with icpr/will/fate/power when grouping.
    Losing ~1200 morale while gaining just 300 power and 300 icrp, but a tank w/o power is useless anyways, so I'm cutting a corner there.

So in general I'd guess that the people that were fine with pure Might/Vit builds and lowish ICPR/power pools will still be fine in RoI.
    Those used to having 1200+ icpr and/or 3300+ power unbuffed/without stances (and spending that power regularily) pre-Isengart will still have issues and will have to rely on caster stuff again - as losing 1,5k morale is just bad for some ppl's e-peen I guess it won't matter as much as pre-RoI though.

As I'm in the second group that means I'll have to look for Vit/Will/Fate/Icpr even though my Raid/Moors set just grants me Vit. But it's fine - my own choice of playstyle --> my self created problems

I'm quite eager so see ppl's/raid leaders reaction though. Alot of ppl think that a 13,5k morale tank is far worse equipped than a 15k morale tank and I guess Guards will be able to go full blown vit/might more easily as most of them were fine with 600ish icpr before RoI hit the store anyways.... >_<

Time will tell...and there's always hope to finally get a revamp of the warden if Turbine's Management finally agrees on that matter...

You really have to look at balance, though. Fate is the worst stat to stack - you're much better off getting icpr directly from gear and relics - power is another issue, though. If you're never even getting close to running out of power, then you've probably gone too far and should add more M/V. Pre-update I was in a place that allowed me to get through trash pulls without running out, and raid boss fights might require a few pots. This, to me is ideal.
    Last edited by geoboy; Sep 29 2011 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    You really have to look at balance, though. Fate is the worst stat to stack - you're much better off getting icpr directly from gear and relics - power is another issue, though. If you're never even getting close to running out of power, then you've probably gone too far and should add more M/V. Pre-update I was in a place that allowed me to get through trash pulls without running out, and raid boss fights might require a few pots. This, to me is ideal.
    QFT. Lots of people take pride in 3k+ power pools, but if you never drop below 1k or use a pot isn't that kind of a waste? You explain it perfectly and this is exactly how I build my power pool (and other stats).
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

To add to this line of discussion, our mondo-sized morale pools should now give us more leverage to drop to 1/2 morale and sustain our power using DbtD. Half morale for many endgame raiders with the best gear and vitality stacked higher than Mt. Everest will be pretty darn close to what their FULL morale was at level 65 I should think.

Quote Originally Posted by tikt View Post
    To add to this line of discussion, our mondo-sized morale pools should now give us more leverage to drop to 1/2 morale and sustain our power using DbtD. Half morale for many endgame raiders with the best gear and vitality stacked higher than Mt. Everest will be pretty darn close to what their FULL morale was at level 65 I should think.
    Yeah, but bosses are going to hit a lot harder too, from what I hear. I use DbtD in 3/6 mans already, but never in a raid. I AM going to be happy about how easy it is going to be to maintain my morale in safe DbtD range (provided I have my regular healer).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast