We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: what is your game name and what does it mean/why did you choose it?

Everferth - It sounded Rohirric.

Pilbert- The D&D character name of a friend of mine. He suggested the name when I was having trouble thinking of a name.

Everhera - Continuing with the 'Ever' theme, and it also sounded Rohirric.

Pawno - Pawn + Hobbit-sounding 'o'

Lurdo - Ewokese for 'idiot'

Butterboru - Homage to a kinmate called Brianboru. (in turn named for a Irish folk hero)

Everswim - Again with the 'Ever' theme I have for humans, combined with the Evendim joke.

Regmund - Name generator

Iavasion - 'Son of Autumn' in Sindarin.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000104486/01008/signature.png]Everferth[/charsig]

Grinningfool Idiotmoronnoob - because I was told that many times by smarter than me

Thoyrill (Champ) - that was before I found out there is no RP on Firefoot and Hobbit was the first novel I read (and the first one I read in English also; fond memories there)

Xplosion (LM) - because of Improved Sticky Gourd

My name is Aldereld, why? it's the name of my D&D bard player when i play on role play game on table, and the name are fitting well for Rhoan so for me are very simple to RP in game, i know very well my Aldereld.
    But in the other side don't have a traduction or a meaning partucular .... sigh!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000192bb8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Red face Re: what is your game name and what does it mean/why did you choose it?

Suvina Talagand- i always name my main Suvina. it sounds nice. Turns out it's a real name in India, coincidentally. Talagand is Elvish for Harper, not sure if it's Quenya or Sindariin. Harper because she's a minstrel, and i was a big fan of the Forgotten Realms line of Dungeons and Dragons lore.

I'm not on a RP server, but *some* of my toons names have meanings, either by name or to me...

Lilyannie: RK, elf...named after my daughter. Sorta. Lily wasn't usable...I blame the hobbit in Staddle. So I had to tweak it somehow.

Lythia: um...I dunno how I came up with that. Was back in the day long before the name generator. I used to live near a street cause Lydia, and always liked it, and ended up tweaking it when Lydia was taken or unusable.

Tyiarra: had to work a way to make my son's name girly for my girly hobbit. ^.^

I started a new healer a few days back. I actually googled Elf names. I have no idea if it's accurate or not, but going to go along with what the site said. I decided to name her Romdes Nestor. Rom means horn/triumphant player/ Des means young woman. And Nestor means healer. :-)
    [URL=http://imgur.com/iyhLezn][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iyhLezn.png[/IMG][/URL]

I have had many characters over the last two years, mainly because I was too indecisive as to who I wanted to play as. I am only using one character right now and I 'will' stick with him

Ardrivorn~ My man LM. I spent a lot of time sitting in front of my computer using the name generator, sounding out names I liked, and looking at other player names I liked. Finally, I settled on this over Maldivorn, because I didn't want the name to sound something close to malice. I find naming to be difficult.

Moriiel- it means Lady of Black. I was scrounging for an elvish name and added "mor" (black) and "iel" (lady of) together. I was searching around in Return of the King's appendix and I found out the meaning of mor and later on found iel. Luckily I like the color black.

Nitfiel- it was a randomized name. dunno what it means.

Aridoc- I really have no clue. I don't know much of Hobbit names. If any of you guys know, please tell me. XD
    Last edited by PreciousHobbitses; Jul 06 2012 at 07:38 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002b165b/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

My nickname is Amaara wich mean Moonlight
    Last edited by babelover99; May 21 2013 at 10:51 PM.

I have way to many characters scattered across the servers so I'll just go with the names I am using on my current server.

In any game, I always use the name 'Dulcey, Dulcie' (depending on which is available, if either still is) It means sweet. I use the last name Harte.

I also tend to use the name 'Lyndilou' for a hobbit. It's a nickname that a friend of mine started calling me one night when we were... well... drinking lol. It stuck. I resist using the last name 'Who' or any variant of it, even though it's very tempting. Instead I use Applebottom, which my husband helped me come up with for my very first character here.

Lhotte. I have no idea what her last name will be. It's a variant spelling of Lotte. I first heard the name while listening to the original cast recording of Phantom of the Opera and fell in love with the little song about 'Little Lotte'.

Zenriel. Again, no last name yet. Usually I use Avenriel for my RKs but it was taken. While it was a 2nd choice, I fell in love with the name. I just like the sound of it.

Starlyn. I decided to tack my name onto Star since Star was already taken.

Piety. I have always loved this name. It's usually taken, but I got lucky recently when I chose to re-roll.

Marney. I first heard this name (I usually spell it Marni, but that was taken) when I was a kid watching Disney movies. A made for TV movie had this as the main character's name.

Shye. I had a friend that used this name for a character on one of the new servers and i always liked it. I was surprised to get it on an older server.

Jaynie. Again, I was surprised I got it. I've always liked the name Jayne, but it was taken.

In the past I always used the name Carola for my minstrels. But it's been taken on the last 2 servers. I got the name from a novel I enjoy reading and I thought it suited a minstrel rather well. Now I sometimes use Lulie Lullaby.

I play on Brandywine so not a RP server although I have moments when I roleplay – (1) with my wife (2) if talking to right person (3) always bow to NPCs like Elrond etc. However over time have chosen more appropriate names for LOTR characters having initially used ones I had in other MMORPGs. Tried using Exilic-Sindarin/Sindarin words & names for Elves and Old Norse/Anglo-Saxon for Men. Still trying to find best class hence post long!!

Skaptaran Erfaronder of Mirkwood – elf hunter: first character created and name initially brought from another game. Skapti = shaft-maker (Old Norse) so added an elvish suffix (LOTRO). Erfaron = lone hunter in Exilic-Sindarin + der is bridegroom suffix (& dis is bride).
    ‘Skap’ is betrothed to Chaytan Erfarondis – elf hunter played by my wife, who tends to be the lone huntress while Skap is crafting bows, spears and javelins.

Fearnwulf Starfurrow of Rohan – man captain: Fearn = 3rd letter of Celtic Ogham alphabet and is the first letter of alder tree or fearn; associations include divination, prophecy and protection + wulf for the Rohan-like suffix. Star + furrow as he is a scholar + farmer (& weaponsmith) -also some organic farmers plant by the stars.
    Fearn has recently moved out of Skap’s shadow, after a brief sojourn in Rivendell to study as a scholar, when he was re-united with his son Domenic – see below. Came out of retirement to help his son train as a scholar [obtain ingredients] and so he could join Weaponsmith Guild. Has discovered his old fighting prowess with help of his swordswomen Snowlass & Chilaili [gaming names used by my wife in other worlds]. [BEST ALT]

Domenic Starfurrow of Bree – man burglar: although his father Fearnwulf was born in Rohan, Domenic was sent as a child to Bree with his mother for safety, while his father was a fighter for King Theoden & Prince Theodred. Grew up wanting to be a treasure hunter.

Raffiadoc Marchbuck of the Fallohides – hobbit burglar: Raffiadoc = a hobbit derivation of my second name Rafael. Marchbuck = variation on one of original families who settled around the Brandywine.
    Raffiadoc was my original burglar but fell into hobbit ways by spending so much time drawn to food (as Master Master Cook) that he never left the Shire except to go along road to Bree prospecting. Also an artisan jeweller of repute but has an elf rune-keeper as his budding student (one of my wife’s characters Lomedir).

Briktwen Kvenell of Dale – woman guardian [MAIN]: Brikt = bright (Old Norse) + Wen as in wyn suffix (LOTRO) but also in Exilic-Sindarin = maiden. Quenell as in Anglo-Saxon for woman-war changed to Kvenell as spelling more Old Norse
    Briktwen was inspired by tales told of her fearsome grandmother who was nicknamed Quenell supposedly by Bard the Bowman but that may be pure fantasy. Anyway Briktwen has started forging her own tales of bravery and insists on wielding two-handed swords and the odd axe that falls into her hands. She feels that shields are for experts like her partner Braxer (my wife’s guardian) although the truth is that she keeps missing with hers. Also spends too much time trying to make leather armour and pricking her fingers – when not jealous of the sword skills of her baby sister Visswen...

Visswen Kvenell of Dale – woman champion: Viss = wise (Old Norse).
    Visswen followed her two older sisters down to Archet and has to live up to her oldest sis Brikt’s reputation not least as an orc killer. Visswen is determined to prove that she can kill more swiftly the enemies of the Free Peoples but her friends worry that she sometimes thinks that she is as tough as her oldest sister. [Wannabe MAIN]
    The middle sister Firthwen Kvenell is a woman captain (played by my wife). All three sisters are red-heads and almost identical.

Lometaure Iarnaith of Lorien – elf warden: Lome = dusk + taure = forest in Exilic-Sindarin. Iar = blood + naith = spearpoint (Sindarin).
    Lometaure is a new recruit to the cause, attempting the difficult task of learning the elite warden class without dying. Sadly her rune-keeper friend Lomedir, who arrived with her, has surpassed her with ease – but one day....

All characters tend to wear clothes to match their looks, personalities and classes: e.g: Skap wears a raven mask and hooded wolf cloak; Fearn has smart outfit for Last Homely House plus a crafting/forging outfit; the Kvenell sisters share their glad rags...
    Last edited by SilverSais; Mar 08 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Pelinelon means 'Fading Star' in Sindarin and i chose this name because the time of the Elves is over.. and that reflects on him. Pelinelon has travelled West, to the Sea as he felt the sea's call even stronger than before and decided that the time has come for him to leave this Middle-earth...yet he still lingers near the shores of the Sea a the fair Elven refugee of Celondim, not leaving yet... therefore the name 'Fading Star'
    [CENTER][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/node/12497"]A place in-game for all fans [SIZE=1](and roleplayers)[/SIZE] of Tolkien's world. Enter friends and experience Middle-earth.[/URL][/CENTER]

I named my Hobbit "Cerco Hedgerow". It sounded perfectly Hobbity. Later I found that it shares a similar root in Italian for "Seeker" or "To look for something" (Cerco does that is). I found this great as in my mind, He's looking for answers to questions he never found.

As for the rest, Just general fantasy styled names. I try not to think too hard about naming, or I'd be at the creation screen still.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSais View Post
    I play on Brandywine so not a RP server although I have moments when I roleplay – (1) with my wife (2) if talking to right person (3) always bow to NPCs like Elrond etc. However over time have chosen more appropriate names for LOTR characters having initially used ones I had in other MMORPGs. Tried using Exilic-Sindarin/Sindarin words & names for Elves and Old Norse/Anglo-Saxon for Men. Still trying to find best class hence post long!!

Skaptaran Erfaronder of Mirkwood – elf hunter: first character created and name initially brought from another game. Skapti = shaft-maker (Old Norse) so added an elvish suffix (LOTRO). Erfaron = lone hunter in Exilic-Sindarin + der is bridegroom suffix (& dis is bride).
    ‘Skap’ is betrothed to Chaytan Erfarondis – elf hunter played by my wife, who tends to be the lone huntress while Skap is crafting bows, spears and javelins.

Fearnwulf Starfurrow of Rohan – man captain: Fearn = 3rd letter of Celtic Ogham alphabet and is the first letter of alder tree or fearn; associations include divination, prophecy and protection + wulf for the Rohan-like suffix. Star + furrow as he is a scholar + farmer (& weaponsmith) -also some organic farmers plant by the stars.
    Fearn has recently moved out of Skap’s shadow, after a brief sojourn in Rivendell to study as a scholar, when he was re-united with his son Domenic – see below. Came out of retirement to help his son train as a scholar [obtain ingredients] and so he could join Weaponsmith Guild. Has discovered his old fighting prowess with help of his swordswomen Snowlass & Chilaili [gaming names used by my wife in other worlds]. [BEST ALT]

Domenic Starfurrow of Bree – man burglar: although his father Fearnwulf was born in Rohan, Domenic was sent as a child to Bree with his mother for safety, while his father was a fighter for King Theoden & Prince Theodred. Grew up wanting to be a treasure hunter.

Raffiadoc Marchbuck of the Fallohides – hobbit burglar: Raffiadoc = a hobbit derivation of my second name Rafael. Marchbuck = variation on one of original families who settled around the Brandywine.
    Raffiadoc was my original burglar but fell into hobbit ways by spending so much time drawn to food (as Master Master Cook) that he never left the Shire except to go along road to Bree prospecting. Also an artisan jeweller of repute but has an elf rune-keeper as his budding student (one of my wife’s characters Lomedir).

Briktwen Kvenell of Dale – woman guardian [MAIN]: Brikt = bright (Old Norse) + Wen as in wyn suffix (LOTRO) but also in Exilic-Sindarin = maiden. Quenell as in Anglo-Saxon for woman-war changed to Kvenell as spelling more Old Norse
    Briktwen was inspired by tales told of her fearsome grandmother who was nicknamed Quenell supposedly by Bard the Bowman but that may be pure fantasy. Anyway Briktwen has started forging her own tales of bravery and insists on wielding two-handed swords and the odd axe that falls into her hands. She feels that shields are for experts like her partner Braxer (my wife’s guardian) although the truth is that she keeps missing with hers. Also spends too much time trying to make leather armour and pricking her fingers – when not jealous of the sword skills of her baby sister Visswen...

Visswen Kvenell of Dale – woman champion: Viss = wise (Old Norse).
    Visswen followed her two older sisters down to Archet and has to live up to her oldest sis Brikt’s reputation not least as an orc killer. Visswen is determined to prove that she can kill more swiftly the enemies of the Free Peoples but her friends worry that she sometimes thinks that she is as tough as her oldest sister. [Wannabe MAIN]
    The middle sister Firthwen Kvenell is a woman captain (played by my wife). All three sisters are red-heads and almost identical.

Lometaure Iarnaith of Lorien – elf warden: Lome = dusk + taure = forest in Exilic-Sindarin. Iar = blood + naith = spearpoint (Sindarin).
    Lometaure is a new recruit to the cause, attempting the difficult task of learning the elite warden class without dying. Sadly her rune-keeper friend Lomedir, who arrived with her, has surpassed her with ease – but one day....

All characters tend to wear clothes to match their looks, personalities and classes: e.g: Skap wears a raven mask and hooded wolf cloak; Fearn has smart outfit for Last Homely House plus a crafting/forging outfit; the Kvenell sisters share their glad rags...
    Very cool. Would be cool to see images of the characters with the names and meanings.

(That goes for everyone in this thread. I love learning about what goes into creating your characters.)

MY CHARACTERS

Wyndelleu Farothomir

meaning: Blue wind. Hunter of the gem.
    Language: Nandorin
    Alternate names: Hwestelu Farothomir (Sindarin), Hwestaluinë Farothomîrë (Quenyan)
    As a Nandor from Lothlorien, I wanted to make sure all three elven cultures that are influential in that land were represented.

Rindalagan Tinnufal

Meaning: Crowned Harper of the Twilight Shores
    Language: Sindarin
    Alternate names: Rinandaro Falundómë (Quenyan)
    As an ancient Sindar minstrel from Linden, Rindaligan has been known by many names, but most men of this age know him simply as Taligan or Taligand (The Harper).

Bradimac Hornblower

Meaning: Unknown
    Language: Westron
    Alternate names: None
    As a hobbit from the Southfarthing, I wanted Brady to be a member of the famous Hornblower pipeweed growing family from Hornblower Hall. Also, both Brady and Mack are names in my family and I grew up on a tobacco plantation (that's right, we grew pipeweed lol). Bradimac is the character I relate with most.

Tallyrand Ironroot

Meaning: Unknown
    Language: Westron (probably)
    Alternate names: Zazûzigil Khuzundush (Khuzdul for Silversister of the Ironroot)
    Dwarves are typically known by their common Westron names, even to each other. But I thought her Khuzdul name appropriate for a female dwarf form Erebor. Few, if any will ever hear that name, however.
    Last edited by Wyndelleu; Mar 11 2012 at 01:06 AM.

Last but not least:

Camrahil Alfain

Meaning: Unsure on the first name, it sounded Adûnaic with the "rahil" ending common among the line of Princes of Dol Amroth. The last name is Sindarin for "White Swan."
    Language: Adûnaic
    Alternate names: Lathlamdir Alfain (Sindarin for "Voice of Hope" and "White Swan")
    As a swan knight of Dol Amroth, Lathlamdir has both the blood of Númenor and the blood of elves (through the kin of Nimrodel who was lost to the sea). He is tall, lithe, with dark hair and grey blue eyes. I struggle with his names, trying to decide whether he'd be more likely to be known by his Sindarin name (more common in most of Gondor) or his Adûnaic name (common in Dol Amroth). I like the sound of his Sindarin name better, and tend to go by that, even though the in game character name is Camrahil

Last edited by Wyndelleu; Mar 11 2012 at 08:45 PM.

Talking Re: what is your game name and what does it mean/why did you choose it?

Hi. I like this thread even though it is a little aged.

My main is a LM named Whisperwolf (or Whisper to most) because she looks so gentle and innocent, like a whisper on the wind, but is a fierce warrior, like a wolf.

Next is Polara the GRD, named after the star Polaris and the Dodge Polara, which was a huge tank-like car.

Then we have Terebinth the HTR, named after the Terebinth tree in the Bible. Since hunters are wild and untamed, I thought he should have a name befitting that.

Now we can't forget Tinuweth the RK. I created her name after the Sindarin prefix and suffix hints in the character creation screen and liked the way it sounded. Plus Terebinth and Tinuweth are brother and sister.

Brokenangel the Champ was named thusly because I was feeling a bit down and the name seemed to fit my mood. Angel and Polara are sisters who were separated at birth.

I made a Burglar Hobbit and her name is Nyghtwind, for the burglar is always in stealth and is hard to see, like the night's wind.

On another server I have a cappy with the name of Starstriker, which I came up with because she has a huge ego and would attack the stars if necessary, like any good captain.

And last I started a hobbit mini and named her Morninglily, which is another name for the lovely wildflower known as the Evening Primrose. It blooms at night and sleeps during the day.

I'm not on an RP server but I saw this thread and enjoyed the topic, thought I'd join in. I have several old standards that I have used for more than a decade dating back several games. I know my char names are not in true Sindarin keepings, however, I have, I think, some originality going for me on the names.

To begin with, Crystal Apathy comes from Rohan: Blood Feud where she was a female melee fighter, (been a long time, don't remember exact classes anymore). I named her because at the time I was feeling very apathetic, I thought the name very cool. Sometimes I use the name for a char in game, sometimes I don't.

In LOTRO, on the Imladris server, I have an elf hunter named Oglind. Yes, I'm aware that the name is clearly Dwarven, and there is a history behind the name too. Around 12 years ago, in a text mudd called Achaea, I created a Dwarf named Oglind. I liked the name, thought it was a very good name for a Dwarf. I did not play Achaea very long but I kept the name through several other games even if it was not my main character. When I started playing LOTRO, I created an elf first, and wanted a hunter for the dps. I could not settle on any of the generated names so I used Oglind. After creating Og, I realized I had misnamed him. I have since writtin in his bio a brief story regarding the mistake of his Dwarven name.

Northwynde is my RK also on Imladris. Her name also comes from Rohan: Blood Feud. In that game, she was a Ranger, speedy ranged fighter. I like the name, it evokes a certain image to me. Her name is very fitting to me for an Elf.

Korok is a Dwarf. He's also a contradiction. He's a minstrel, and a metalsmith. When I created Korok, I had already Named Oglind, so I could not use that name for a dwarf, so I thought Korok seemed a good strong Dwarven name. I'm not sure if I was surfing the name generator and tweaked something from there for the name or it was true original, but it's a name I like just the same.

I have a Hobbit named Krystel. When I was creating her, I read that Hobbit names often are common objects and I did not have a Crystal Apathy in the game. I tried the name Crystal but it was taken, so I typed in Krystel and it worked.

Interesting topic. Many creative names posted above.

Several of mine are:

Veidal. I used an elf beginning and morphed it with the end of my last name. Found out later, it's the name of a European town.

Runesitter. If runes were personified they might need to be kept safe by someone who is willing to work for minimum wage to babysit them.

Poppinpip. If I was a "brave" hobbit hunter, I'd use my skills to pop those burrowing shrews in the head with arrows. I even had a song for him, but figured my childish side was getting too much limelight.

Iburglepeoples. (Ok I was out of ideas when I named him)

Naming is one of my least favorite aspects of MMOs. Not because I don't like naming, but because I spend a lot of time thinking about what I want to call a toon and then find out someone has already taken it lol

Very frustrating. So my toons are a mixture of deep-thought and blind luck/frustration.

My guardian (main) is called Wickham which is a town close to where I grew up. I have a hobbit burg called Borrow. My dwarf rune-keeper is called Summit, well his full title is Summit of the Blue Mountains...OK, not very clever but makes me chuckle. My latest toon is Aredhil which is (according to the language explanations in the back of The Silmarillion) Elven for Great Elf....I have high aspirations for this particular elfie lol

I have a bunch of others but these were the most insightful.

Having character names you can connect with make the game that much more interesting. Any of you do random names for main toons and regret it?

Faeylan (FAY-LAWN) - Male, Hobbit Hunter. It took me a few days to find a variation of "Faolan," that wasn't taken, but i was pretty determined to get this name; it literaly translates to "Wolf," which is representative of Faeylan's personality as a whole. a hobbit in size, but not in mind; always trying to prove himself, always tackling things that many would consider suicide. Faeylan is a skilled Hunter and Woodsman, having lived off the land since an early age. He is a loner in most cases, but will band with others as longas some mutual benefit is involved. he takes care of himself. thus, becoming a literal lone "wolf."

((look for me in game, trying to find some roleplayers on Landroval... can't figure out where they all dissapeared to... ))

Widoch Forodross (Female Elf) (Wid - ahk) This is the first part of a game name I've used for the past 25 years in table top, online, computer, even laser-quest haha. I'll explain Widoch in a second. Forodross means, "North Rain" and my character is moving south bringing the rain to cleanse Middle Earth of evil.

Meirker (Dwarf) (meer-keer) Ok, explanation - When I was about 7 years old, I played my first table top game and thought it would be cool to have a Sorcerer named "Widow Maker". I used that name for the 2 years we played that particular adventure. As I grew older, I realized "Widow Maker" is kind of a goofy name outside of first person shooters, so I tried to "ye olde Englishize" it and change up the spelling to a more Dark Ages Sound. Thus, Widow Maker became Widoch Meirker. Before I realized you cold have a last name in LOTRO, I had created my second character that's why the name is split now.

Foraois (Female, Human of Rohan) (For-A-os) I love Gaelic names and this name means "forest" I chose it because in my mind, my human is from Rohan but obviously no one in Rohan knows who I am. You have to develop rep with the various rider groups, so in my mind I was raised by Ents in Fangorn (goofy but still awesome, I know) before being sent back to Rohan at a later age.

Ealasaid (Female, Human of Gondor) (El - eh - said) This is a Gaelic spelling of a Hebrew name that means, "Devoted to God" or "Servant of the God most High" Say what you want about me but as a Christian it's kind of a special name for me that I feel translates well for someone from Gondor. It hails back to the faithful who survived the overthrowing of Numenor. Ealasaid's ancestors remained faithful to Eru Ilúvatar as is Ealasaid and as Tolkin himself said, LOTR has many Christian and Catholic themes all throughout. So it seems to fit.

Saifr (Female Hobbit) The game said hobbits have names from flowers, gems and the like. I like sapphires and Safr is the Gaelic translation of the word.
    Last edited by Widoch; Mar 30 2012 at 07:23 AM.

The Order of The Silver Flame - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!

Nice names.

I am pretty sure though that Eala is Irish Gaelic for Swan - pronounced Alah (with the first A a short A as in Atlas).

My champion - a Tower Guard of Gondor, is named 'Ereden'. It's funny, because I literally thought of this name out of the blue (like most of my characters' names), and it turns out it actually means something along the lines of 'mountain man'.

My hunter - a Dunedain Ranger, is called Arelaith. I have no idea where this came from. Just popped into my head.

My cappy - also a Dunedain Ranger, is called Carthean. This one I actually took from an obscure source, it's the name of a minor character who dies in the RTS game Battle for Middle-Earth II, Rise of the Witch King (phew, that is a doozy of a name).

My guard - a Rohirrim knight, is called Ergund. I think this one was a modification of a randomly generated name.

There are others, but I'm too tired to remember them as they are low level alts anyway.
    Did you really think this signature would be worth reading?

• Mhoriel, Gondorian Champion - from Môr meaning dark, darkness, night and êl meaning star - she was born under a dark star
    • Cynewn, Hunter of Rohan - from cyne-, used in compounds, signifying kingly, royal, special, and wyn, meaning delight, pleasure, best of its kind, pride of its kind, etc. - she was the apple of her parents' eyes
    • Limithil, Runekeeper of Mirkwood - from lim meaning clear, sparkling, light, and ithil, meaning moon. She was born under a clear moon.
    • Mallenclaur, Gondorian Guardian - from mallen meaning golden and claur meaning splendour/glory. His parents have high hopes for him.
    • Eádmær, Warden of Rohan - from eád meaning happiness/felicity/prosperity and mǽre meaning great/famous/celebrated/well-known. Parents had high hopes.
    And many more, though their names might not have as much of a meaning as these five

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast