We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Missing Heathfells quests?

Soooo, is there a hub that is way off the beaten track? I followed the quest line around and ended with 16/32 or somesuch.... I admit I did one or two out of order, but I ended up going to isengard at like, level 72... to attempt level 75 quests, seems a bit odd.

In general the quest progression seems might... confusing, I find myself doing yellow quests as there are no others to do, just dosen't seem to be enough quests.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000021409b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Missing Heathfells quests?

There should be a pick on the ground outside the cave in the north east section of the zone. It only shows up after you complete the quest for the dwarf on the outside just to the west. It will unlock a huge chain. In beta I was still a couple quests short, but there are repeatables in the cave.
    Shazbaat-Lv 105 Champion | Minihelen-Lv 105 Minstrel | Helenrk-Level 105 RK | Lilhelen-Level 105 Guardian | Cle-Level 105 Captain

Ahh, ok, found that.....

now I wish i hadn't, this mine is like, the size of moria... and i cannot for the life of me find the 2 prisoners...... they really need a map or at least give you some hints in the quest info.

sheesh, you'd think they'd fix these issues with the beta?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000021409b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Im in a similar boat.... Im at 29/30 for Heathfells quests and cant find the last one. I believe I've gotten everything. Only thing I can think of is a drop or ground spawn for a single quest I havent found yet. If anyone has found something like this or has for sure finsihed the 30/30 in Heathfells please post up for me. Thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120500000001f9d2/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Khilean View Post
    Im in a similar boat.... Im at 29/30 for Heathfells quests and cant find the last one. I believe I've gotten everything. Only thing I can think of is a drop or ground spawn for a single quest I havent found yet. If anyone has found something like this or has for sure finsihed the 30/30 in Heathfells please post up for me. Thanks.
    29/30 for Heathfells and can't find the last one. Probably another bugged deed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000004fb4/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Angry Re: Missing Heathfells quests?

you guys are 29/30 ?? im only 5/30 and already can not find a single ring on the map.. it's ridiculous!!! where are the quests???

Re : Missing Heathfells quests?

As shazbaat said, there are dailies in the Pit of Iron (2 total). They count for the Heathfells deed per turn-in.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000006044d/signature.png]Ahli[/charsig]

The 2 dailies are required to get to 29/30.
    If you come back the day after you can get to 30. I've mentioned this to the devs, havent heard back.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Nybling View Post
    29/30 for Heathfells and can't find the last one. Probably another bugged deed.
    I too am 29/30 and cant find anything but the dailies in the cave, which I have to wait till tomorrow to do.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000018ef17/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Arneithan-r7 Champion, Merok-r6 Burglar, Cuthurin-r6 Hunter, Mithraug-r5 Warg

5/30 here, can't find any other quests and doing the quest for the dwarf did not unlock the Pit of Iron either (the axe isn't there, others can see it but not me).

Update, maybe this will help the other person who was stuck. The Houndmaster drops a quest item that opens up a BUNCH of quests. The problem is when I killed him, he did not drop the item. If you haven't picked that item up, go back and kill him again and see if he drops it then.

I still have not picked up the Pit quests but I am hoping they unlock when I finish these...
    Last edited by TimorousBalrog; Sep 30 2011 at 10:29 PM.

5/30 here too. I finished the part where I defend the Dwarf while he collapses the Orc cave, but no pick on the ground. I also have the quest for the Herald that drops from the Houndmaster, but failed 3 times so far and have not completed it. Maybe I need to complete both of them before the next 25 quests open up. Not well done at all...

I'm at 28/30, & I can't find another quest anywhere. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by shazbaat View Post
    There should be a pick on the ground outside the cave in the north east section of the zone. It only shows up after you complete the quest for the dwarf on the outside just to the west. It will unlock a huge chain. In beta I was still a couple quests short, but there are repeatables in the cave.
    I've completed the quest with the dwarf just outside to the west (including the instance portion) and still cannot pick up the pick. I've checked and rechecked every camp in the Gap and have no rings anywhere. Any clues?
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by lostinjapan2 View Post
    I've completed the quest with the dwarf just outside to the west (including the instance portion) and still cannot pick up the pick. I've checked and rechecked every camp in the Gap and have no rings anywhere. Any clues?
    I can't find the pick eaither, this is... annoying do you perhaps have to do the big battle on top of the hill to activate the pick as well?

cause eaither it's that or the pick is for some reason tied to the friken gravenwood chain (which thanks to a bug screwed me outta being able to do those)
    Last edited by BrianDavion; Oct 02 2011 at 08:51 AM.

You have to do the big battle on top of the hill for the pick axe to activate. When you complete that battle, the quest will have text in RED that hints to go to the pit of iron and then you should be able to pick up the axe.

But yea, I'm at 29/30 too.

¬∃x ∈ power (x > Barz)

Quote Originally Posted by NPCDelta View Post
    You have to do the big battle on top of the hill for the pick axe to activate. When you complete that battle, the quest will have text in RED that hints to go to the pit of iron and then you should be able to pick up the axe.
    thanks. that helps

im in the same position as a couple of others in this thread, im currently at 5/30 quests for heathfells, ive done the dwarf miner quest, and the one that drops from the houndmaster, ive just completed all of the isendale quests, ive been to both camps and cant see any new quests, the only ones i have are the ones which are starting in nan curunir and chapter 19 of the epic.

anyone know what im missing ?

*update* ive found what i was missing and where the confusion was, there are 2 quests that start from mob drops, 1 from a hound (the master of beasts) and 1 from the houndmaster (herald of the rohirrim). i had the drop from the hound and thought that was the only one, but i hadnt had the drop from the master, so hopefully this opens up a long chain.

hope this helps any others that are stuck
    Last edited by Jesseius; Oct 02 2011 at 03:10 PM.

I'm assuming the dwarf miner quest people are on about is "From Whence They Came". I've done that quest, but it was the only place I was able to find Orc Guards for the "Orcs in the Heathfells?" quests, and there were only two of them.
    Any ideas where more could be found?

Same here. 29/30, and I'm fairly certain I have checked everywhere. Tonight I will do one of the Pit repeats to get to 30, but it sure seems that this was not as intended, given the issues with the other quest completion deed in Trum Dreng...

"Trum Dreng: The "Quests in Trum Dreng" deed cannot currently be completed, as Trum Dreng only possesses 36 quests, not 37 as the deed states."

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...pdated-9-28-11
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    Same here. 29/30, and I'm fairly certain I have checked everywhere. Tonight I will do one of the Pit repeats to get to 30, but it sure seems that this was not as intended, given the issues with the other quest completion deed in Trum Dreng...
    I asked in a thread where Orion was discussing quest things, but got no reply. Every single person I know on my server has had to go do one more daily on a second day to finish the deed.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

i'm having the exact same problem - level 72, completed the 'Imminent Collapse' instance but no pickaxe drops. and now i'm stuck because i've run out of quests
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001cba22/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

For those of you stuck at 5/30 and can't see the pickaxe outside of the Pit of Iron, here is what I figured out...

I had the same problem, you are missing out on about 25 quests (including the battle for Dol Baran, which is so well done it should be a daily) and some in the pit if iron. I read about this issue in another thread and decided to test a theory, and I was correct.

Most of you are probably not getting the drop that starts the quest "the herald" from the houndmaster quest. I had the same problem.

Here is what I did wrong:
    I am an LM, I saw the two hounds as aggroable and the houndmaster was not, so I pulled the dogs away from him, killed them and regrouped to aggro the boss AFTER I regen'd power/morale. Big mistake. By aggroing the boss with a skill at range a period of time AFTER I killed the dogs I screwed something up, so when I killed him the item that starts the herald quest never dropped from the houndmaster npc.

Here is what I did right:
    I went after that guy again last night, but this time I aggroed the dogs right next to him, killed the dogs and let him aggro on me immediately after the dogs went down (that's the key), burnt him down and sure enough - there was the item to start the next quest in the chain.

Give that a shot, I think that is where most folks in the heathfells are having issues.

Good luck and please report your findings back, turbine has been no help at all with the tickets I have opened, so lets help each other!
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini

The cave that the dwarf is collapsing is not where the pickaxe is. Go east along the cave wall a bit, and there's another cave (two Orc Grunts should be standing near this cave - one guarding the entrance). The axe is on the ground (you'll have to defeat at least one of the Orcs).

The quest directs you to the dwarf, who is now inside the cave.

The Pits of Iron is buggy. There are invisible holes in the floor, and you can fall to your death. Generally, stay on the tracks, and you'll be fine, but there are some places where you just have to do your best. I'm at 29/30, and plan to do a repeatable later today to finish off the zone.
    Jewahe

also 29/30. Just finished the pit of iron (a fine exercise in patience :/ )

Guess I'll do a repeatable tomorrow. Hope this one gets fixed with the other deed.

edit: Yup, worked! Thanks to those who suggested the daily. I did the 8 lashes repeatable since you don't have to walk on the platforms for it. Just took a couple of minutes and now I'm 30/30. Agreed that this should be fixed. The tracker should only track unique quests. Add 1 or adjust the tracker... or let us know we all missed one so we can go hunting
    Last edited by hucklebarry; Oct 06 2011 at 08:43 AM.

I also came here with 29/30 with all the quests complete in Pit of Iron (and holes and misery), and was glad to see others found this same issue.

I'll also try to do a repeatable again.

I don't think a repeatable quest should have to be multiple times to complete a deed - just seems odd. How this stuff gets through beta is mind-boggling (just like the Pit holes), lol.

Anyhow - thx for the info!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast