We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1

    Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Is the quest bugged or why don´t I get it..I can´t complete the quest chain, because then I wouldn´t be able to start the quest anymore

    Anyone knows how to get it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Home.
    Posts
    31

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    To second the OP, I've not found any way to trigger this quest. I've killed multiple Hound mobs in the zone, as well as a named mob, which gave me another quest item, but did not trigger the Hunting the Pack quest.

    If anyone has been able to trigger this quest, I'd appreciate a response. If it's a bug, can we get a blue name to confirm it?
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000e461b/signature.png]Mysticari[/charsig][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][/CENTER]

  3. #3

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Killed any kinds of Hounds there too..might be the Drugavar, I´ll check that

    But the Name Pack really makes me think of Wolves/Hounds

  4. #4

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    I thought it was bugged as well but I finally managed to find it at 82.9S 13.9W. Hope that helps all you aspiring deeders out there.

  5. #5

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    those coordinates worked, thnx

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boise,Idaho,US
    Posts
    308

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    How did you get your sig to update?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Home.
    Posts
    31

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Phew, thanks Wilkor, I was finally able to complete the quest and the deed so I can progress without worrying that I missed something.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000e461b/signature.png]Mysticari[/charsig][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][/CENTER]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    437

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    I couldn't get Lost Caws + Hunting the Pack either. I just gave up and returned the whistle. Am I now stuck forever with this bloody deed being not completed?!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2a21c01000010d221/signature.png]Morkorga[/charsig]
    Faileon R10 - Nub Hunter...

    [b]Mess with the best, die like the rest.[/b]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,189

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Quote Originally Posted by Faileon View Post
    I couldn't get Lost Caws + Hunting the Pack either. I just gave up and returned the whistle. Am I now stuck forever with this bloody deed being not completed?!
    Well, while it's all fine to compare notes here on the forums, the place to report a bug is *in game*. Then it will be seem directly by the GMs, who will report it to the devs as appropriate, rather than one of the CSRs having to notice it and pass it on. You're saving a step, which means the bug will get noticed earlier, perhaps fixed sooner.

    Meranwhile ... you've obviously been questing further afield than I have, so far. Is it really called "Lost Caws" as in "where have all the crebain gone?" Gosh.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    437

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Well, while it's all fine to compare notes here on the forums, the place to report a bug is *in game*. Then it will be seem directly by the GMs, who will report it to the devs as appropriate, rather than one of the CSRs having to notice it and pass it on. You're saving a step, which means the bug will get noticed earlier, perhaps fixed sooner.
    What puts you under the impression that I hadn't bugged it?

    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Meranwhile ... you've obviously been questing further afield than I have, so far. Is it really called "Lost Caws" as in "where have all the crebain gone?" Gosh.
    I think so. My English (and memory) is not that great, so I might be wrong.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2a21c01000010d221/signature.png]Morkorga[/charsig]
    Faileon R10 - Nub Hunter...

    [b]Mess with the best, die like the rest.[/b]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    American Living Abroad
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Is the quest bugged or why don´t I get it..I can´t complete the quest chain, because then I wouldn´t be able to start the quest anymore

    Anyone knows how to get it?
    I didn't get it either. I'm really upset because I submitted a ticket and the GM was not willing to give it to me or even cancel so I could start over. Starting over in Trum Drenge worked and I'm sure it would work here too. There is obviously a random bug. Of course without the quest it is impossible to complete the deed "tracking an old goat".

    My ally Adrig for Eyes in the Forrest apparently never had available the quest "hunting the pack" and of course I had no idea when I turned in dark and lonely forest that I was missing it since there were no available quests left for me to accept and all quests I had accepted had been turned in .. afterwards, I noticed the deed "tracking an old goat" and asked someone in my fellows what was "hunting the pack" and they told me adrig should have given it to me but he did not. I submitted a ticket to ingame support to ask for the quest but they would not give it to me..I even asked to have the original quests canceled and I could start over to fix this bug but they would not and suggested I submit a bug.

    If someone official is reading this, please can you resolve this issue because otherwise I'll never have the deed and without the deed I'll never be able to complete everything in Isengard and that's really not fair since it is not my fault. Cancel everything in Gravenwood if you must and I'll start over. Something similar happened in Trum Drenge and cancelling the quest seemed to resolve that issue too. Thank you.. I hope that someone responds to me.

    PS .. I was in a fellowship and did see the big white letters about huntng the pack but the quest never showed up and had no idea what the flash was or that a quest even existed.. this is all new content so not like I should be looking on google anyway.. but everyone in my fellowship did get it. I only know this because I asked about the deed after the whistle was turned in. I have submitted both a ticket and now even a bug report. I hope someone updates my deed by granting me the quest completed or just cancel the starting quest.. no idea cancel everything in Gravenwood, I'm ok with this because I want to finish everything in Isengard.
    Last edited by Norwrei; Oct 01 2011 at 02:19 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    4 Wending Way, Weedhallow, The Shire
    Posts
    1,881

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    There are some explanations in this thread: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ng-an-Old-Goat

    Apparently it's based on reaching certain points in the zone and has nothing to do with what you kill. Long story short, supposedly if you listen to the ranger and follow the path then everything should eventually come up. Took me quite a while to get all these to trigger.
    Do you remember the taste of [color=red]strawberries[/color]?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    American Living Abroad
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Yes it's bugged.. I could not even get it from someone else's ally. :-( so upset

  14. #14

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Why attach a deed to a quest chain where you can miss quests without realising it. I too am now stuck with this deed unfinished because I couldn't get it to work.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000000448a2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Northwest
    Posts
    64

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Not sure if this will help anyone else, but after running around for an hour trying to get a hound to drop a quest-starting item, I accidently clicked on Andreg and found he had the quest available for me to start. I don't know if it was there for a long time or if some mob I picked up started it, but it's worth a try to check out.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001be30d/01006/signature.png]Heofonum[/charsig]

    Teach me to number my days.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lords Valley, PA
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Meranwhile ... you've obviously been questing further afield than I have, so far. Is it really called "Lost Caws" as in "where have all the crebain gone?" Gosh.
    Kinda like "Restoring the Peas" in Angmar

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,081

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Quote Originally Posted by Theowa View Post
    Not sure if this will help anyone else, but after running around for an hour trying to get a hound to drop a quest-starting item, I accidently clicked on Andreg and found he had the quest available for me to start. I don't know if it was there for a long time or if some mob I picked up started it, but it's worth a try to check out.
    It's triggered by location, as are all of them. If, after summoning the ranger, you progress slowly in a straight line through the woods toward the destination camp, at specific locations, he will have the various quests for you. Do not just follow the road.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002f807/01008/signature.png]Hrodberht[/charsig]

  18. #18

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Well, that's ####. I had no idea this quest was trigged by proximity... I only noticed the quest ring appear over his head when I finished the previous quest. Okay, maybe I'm slow, but at least MENTION in the quest description that it's a really good idea to use the whistle nearby. Before I finished Dark and Lonely Forest, the quest dialog said I wouldn't be able to complete any other quests he had bestowed on me... but since I hadn't had "Hunting the Pack" BESTOWED on me yet, I wasn't worried. I just figured that he was about to give it to me next.

    And give it to me he did... now, apparently, I will never be able to complete this quest. I'll always see that ONE, short five-minute quest undone whenever I open the deed log. AND, when I'm slowly, painfully killing 4000 neekerbreekers (or something) for that one last Honour point, I'll be thinking about it. This sucks.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re : Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Like some of you, I have the same problem with the "Hunting Pack" quest, this damn Andreg never gives me the quest.
    In its last one, he warns me to check that all his quest are finished. It was the case, so I think :
    all the quests he has ever giving to me, are finished, and no I don't think to check the deeds !!!
    The MJ says : "Oh to bad for you, I can't do anything"
    I was playing Lotro to finish all the deeds since the release of the game. It's a little extreme, but I stop playing until my character get a chance to finish this deed.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkor View Post
    I thought it was bugged as well but I finally managed to find it at 82.9S 13.9W. Hope that helps all you aspiring deeders out there.
    That worked a treat, thanks!
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZD2pEIw6Oo&NR/][b]I didn't bite him. Why would I bite him? Anyway, I've just eaten. I had a pie.[/b][/url]

  21. #21

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    I am also in this boat. The feedback of the progression log specifically says:

    Advancing this quest will no longer allow you to summon Andreg and will cancel any quests bestowed by him that are currently underway.

    It does not say that there are quests remaining despite having basically followed path that you were supposed to go with the other quests. I still have the quest but I can't pull the whistle up since the completion window popped up after I killed Drughir. It seems like awfully terrible design to bind progression to something that doesn't even give you feedback that there might still be quests to do, and pushes instead the idea that you must have completed everything.

    I'm going to not play until we get some better explanation than 'Working as Intended' since working as intended should be that I am able to progress the deed, since I shouldn't be punished for not completing a quest that the quest giver didn't bother to give me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000005a8c6/01008/signature.png]Svadilfari[/charsig]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,081

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Quote Originally Posted by Enophile View Post
    Well, that's ####. I had no idea this quest was trigged by proximity... I only noticed the quest ring appear over his head when I finished the previous quest. Okay, maybe I'm slow, but at least MENTION in the quest description that it's a really good idea to use the whistle nearby. Before I finished Dark and Lonely Forest, the quest dialog said I wouldn't be able to complete any other quests he had bestowed on me... but since I hadn't had "Hunting the Pack" BESTOWED on me yet, I wasn't worried. I just figured that he was about to give it to me next.

    And give it to me he did... now, apparently, I will never be able to complete this quest. I'll always see that ONE, short five-minute quest undone whenever I open the deed log. AND, when I'm slowly, painfully killing 4000 neekerbreekers (or something) for that one last Honour point, I'll be thinking about it. This sucks.
    Hrm, well the overall goal is to "scout" the area, so moving through the woods is not that out of line.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002f807/01008/signature.png]Hrodberht[/charsig]

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    12

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    I am another player without the ability now to complete the deed. I followed the quest line as it showed. I ended the chain when I had no quests left. Now I am unable to do anything about it. I submitted a ticket asking for help, and stated I was even willing to start the quest chain completely over. I was told that the quest chain was working as intended and that there was nothing they could do for me.

    Please, I'm hoping the developers will reconsider the way this deed is completed. Locking players out of the possibility of completing deeds, because they may have made an error or got bugged out, is really tough on players. I have completed every Virtue deed in the game, from the beginning. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. Removing the possibility to complete personal goals in the game ends up removing the incentive to play the game.
    Vergerian - Lore Master

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,081

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vergere View Post
    I am another player without the ability now to complete the deed. I followed the quest line as it showed. I ended the chain when I had no quests left. Now I am unable to do anything about it. I submitted a ticket asking for help, and stated I was even willing to start the quest chain completely over. I was told that the quest chain was working as intended and that there was nothing they could do for me.

    Please, I'm hoping the developers will reconsider the way this deed is completed. Locking players out of the possibility of completing deeds, because they may have made an error or got bugged out, is really tough on players. I have completed every Virtue deed in the game, from the beginning. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. Removing the possibility to complete personal goals in the game ends up removing the incentive to play the game.
    No offense, but don't you look at a deed when that little icon pops up? When you completed the first quest in this chain a ready made checklist presented itself.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000002f807/01008/signature.png]Hrodberht[/charsig]

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7

    Re: Hunting the pack Bugged?

    Will it be possible to finish or start the unfinished quest in a fellowship with a player who has the whistle?

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload