We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Gravenwood - Andreg - Cruel Traps

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to get this quest from Andreg. I had no luck my first walk through the forest with him and now I'm just wandering aimlessly checking him every so often to see if he has it (the quest ring is always above his head as I have finished the scouting mission but haven't claimed the reward and released him). It's getting rather frustrating, so if anyone knows where I need to be to get this quest from him or what I have to do first, your help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Theodoriph; Sep 28 2011 at 10:06 AM.

Re : Gravenwood - Andreg - Cruel Traps

There is a trap just at the bottom of and between 'n' and 'w' of Gravenwood. Cheers!
    Last edited by Sealcow333; Sep 28 2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: w, not m. what a fail.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000006044d/signature.png]Ahli[/charsig]

Re: Gravenwood - Andreg - Cruel Traps

Can't say I'm happy with how that whole quest chain was handled. I didn't even realize there WAS a whistle to summon him until after I got to the camp and talked to Saeradan. I just assumed he'd be an NPC at the camp to talk to. So then when I finally noticed the whistle I summoned him and completed the scouting the way quest for him but didn't turn it in to him. I was then able to do the ooze quest and the kill ten crebain quest, but he wouldn't offer any other quests after that. So I finally just finished the quest that dismisses him, hoping to heck that those other quests would appear later. Nope. So now I'm stuck with a 4/7 quest deed in my log that's now literally impossible to complete. GRRRR!

Re: Re : Gravenwood - Andreg - Cruel Traps

Quote Originally Posted by Sealcow333 View Post
    There is a trap just at the bottom of and between 'n' and 'w' of Gravenwood. Cheers!
    Thanks a ton. I went there, waited a minute and sure enough when I clicked him, the cruel trap quest was being offered and I got to finish the deed (and progress to all the other quests in that area). Thanks again!

He just gave me the Ooze quest, & nothing else, though *I* got stuck in a trap for a minute with him just hanging around. Are his other quests just not triggering? That wasn't in the known issues - but maybe it should be!

After running around with Andreg for a long time, killing mobs and resummoning him, he still won't give me the quests for Hunting the Pack and Lost Caws.

It seems I should be able to kill craban and hounds to get these to start, but where?

Re: Re : Gravenwood - Andreg - Cruel Traps

Quote Originally Posted by Sealcow333 View Post
    This worked - thank you. There's a rock & a gravelly patch - and I could get the quest from him there. Yay!!

(the orc one spawned near the 'nw' one - and the craban quest was just west of the path, south of the R. I didn't have to complete the orc one before he gave me the bird one)

How many quests is he supposed to give? Is it these 4, or are there others?
    Last edited by Ellyllon; Sep 29 2011 at 03:39 AM.

Re : Gravenwood - Andreg - Cruel Traps

The other quests should be acquire-able using the north/clock-wise path.

I don't remember the totals, but the Eriador/Dunland deed tab should list them. 'Chasing the Old Goat' or something?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000006044d/signature.png]Ahli[/charsig]

I never got the quest Cruel Traps and didn't think to look at the deed log. Now I'm stuck with an unfinishable deed.

Not cool, Turbine. Please fix.

While I was in gravenwood doing these quests, I noticed that I could see OTHER people's andregs quest rings...I wonder if you can find a friend who has access to andreg with the whistle and follow them around and get the quests from him. 1 NPC for 2 people kind of thing. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithgalad View Post
    I never got the quest Cruel Traps and didn't think to look at the deed log. Now I'm stuck with an unfinishable deed.

Not cool, Turbine. Please fix.
    Have to agree, an appallingly handled quest.

When the quest text talks about handing in, I wrongly assumed it meant the process of handing in cancels/finishes Andreg, not clicking "continue". Nice way to annoy players Turbine!!
    Last edited by Wibz; Sep 30 2011 at 10:32 AM.
    Turbine,
    DO.YOU.STILL.INTEND.TO.MOVE.THE.EU.SERVERS.TO.AMSTERDAM?

These quests are only triggered in small areas which sounds like a pain. In another thread, someone else posted that they picked up a couple of them in the following locations:

Cruel Traps - 81.6s, 12.0w
    Hunting the pack - 83.0s, 13.8w

I missed one of these in beta and am planning on that not happening again this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Galiden View Post
    These quests are only triggered in small areas which sounds like a pain. In another thread, someone else posted that they picked up a couple of them in the following locations:

Cruel Traps - 81.6s, 12.0w
    Hunting the pack - 83.0s, 13.8w

I missed one of these in beta and am planning on that not happening again this time around.
    The question is, can you pick these up once you completed the quest with the npc?

Once you have completed the quest with Andreg that warns you there is no going back, you can't go back and pick it back up. There are enough complaints about it that maybe they will make a change, but at this point in time if you went on before getting and completing all of the quests, you are out of luck.

Im gonna have to go on record and say the quest lockout is kinda stupid. You play the game to enjoy it and now you get to level 75, the only way to go and complete the deed listed in here is to reroll a toon. Kinda dumb on the part of turbine. The game is meant to be enjoyed, this is the first time they have a deed that gives a trait and it can be locked if you arent careful. This is very annoying and I for one am about to unsubscribe just because of the shortsightedness of what is being done. There is no recourse if you accidentally click to complete. it just is what it is.
    Olwesen Hunter, Gwindael Guardian, Coroin Minstrel, Bredil Captain Klingertar Loremaster Arduvei Champion
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000003677a/01007/signature.png]Olwesen[/charsig]

So, how many quests does he actually give?
    I did the Crebain, Ooze, and black hounds but, I see someone mention about Orcs & traps?
    I wandered all around the woods but I never saw him come up with quests for Orcs & traps?

Is it 5? Or does he have more we don't know about? There is a limit to how much wandering you do in the woods and you have to be lucky to hit just the right spot to get the quest?
    What numpty thought this one up??

I pretty much never got the Hunting the Pack quest to trigger despite running around the entire map and going back to the beginning of the trail where you first get him. I've submitted a bug report on this matter and I think it is not right to tie in a deed to this guy when he doesn't seem to trigger the quests for everyone. They should be given up front by either him when summoned or by the first ranger you speak to who gives you the whistle to begin with. I just want it fixed to be able to complete the deed because now you can't complete the x amount of quests completed in said region which affects two other deeds I believe. Way to go testers and programmers.

I never got any quests from this guy relating to hounds or orcs or traps. All he gave me were birds and ooze. Furthermore, no one at Saeradon's camp will give me other quests, although I'm sure there must be other quests in the area. I did the epic related quests and got to the bit where I was told to help out the people of Gravenwood, but no one else at the camp has any quest rings for me. Surely this can't be right?

Although I'm generally enjoying the quests in this expansion, I really hate the linearity of the quest lines, and the way multiple new quests only show up if you have completed some prior quest line. If there is a bug, as with the Andreg quests, then you can't ever do multiple others.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000040133/01008/signature.png]Ardeth[/charsig]
    [CENTER][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Cyan"]Ardeth --75 minstrel; Mirianor--75 RK; Philippa--75 captain;[/CENTER][CENTER]Brynna--68 burg; Ellaril--72 hunter; Irulan--67 loremaster[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Add me as yet another complaint about this chain. Turbine, if you are gonna do a quest line with a lock then either (1) don't make it a deed; or (2) make it work clearly and correctly. I am a completionist, have done every landscape deed in the game on my champ and every virtue rank, but now I'm stuck at 3/7 because the quests never appeared and I had no reason to know at the time that all of them were through Andreg. Fail, Turbine, fail.

I agree. I never got Cruel Traps, and I thought I had been all over that area. I missed it, and now I'm also stuck with an unfinished deed. Not good.

I think this would have been much better handled if there had been some kind of quest tally or progress like so many other quest lines, ie Andreg - Help Andreg in Gravenwood x/7. This would then give you the prompt to search the forest to get the quests.
    Turbine has done this everywhere else so why not here?

Poor design to be honest. Also in the info about the quest it says Amlan, Andreg and Saeradan are looking for the Old Woman so why are all the quests loaded up on Andreg.

Please fix Turbine!!!

I'm now doing it on my champion - I didn't mount up, kept Andreg running along everywhere - and he just won't drop the warg one. Grrr... If someone else turns in their warg quest, is it possible that might be messing things up? I had an Andreg out - someone turned something in, apparently to the wrong Andreg (...mine) and mine disappeared. He seemed glitchy after that.

It does seem a bit flawed. It might be best if you couldn't turn in the last one without doing the others - it would certainly be a horrible mistake if other people's quest turn-ins interrupt your own.

I'm sort of hoping I can finish the 'Cruel Traps' quest, as that is the only one I missed, on someone else still with Andreg. I'll be asking leveling kinmates about it, heh.

Thanks for the location.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

Re : Re: Gravenwood - Andreg - Cruel Traps

Quote Originally Posted by Pharnquer View Post
    Add me as yet another complaint about this chain. Turbine, if you are gonna do a quest line with a lock then either (1) don't make it a deed; or (2) make it work clearly and correctly. I am a completionist, have done every landscape deed in the game on my champ and every virtue rank, but now I'm stuck at 3/7 because the quests never appeared and I had no reason to know at the time that all of them were through Andreg. Fail, Turbine, fail.
    +1 !

Please fix this deed : either cancelled it if we can't finish it or allow us to summon Andreg once again.
    Hunter-Estel
    Member of the 2013 Lotro Players Council

I noticed that there was a deed after handing in as well.... now I have the stupid traps quest locked out. Great, just fantastic game design.

And just when I realised this, there was someone complaining in chat about the same damn thing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast