We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Actual 65 B/P/E values on your wardens

Since there has been a lot of speculation on how the cap removal would affect guardians and wardens, I would like to ask some wardens what are the actual B/P/E values seen on their toon when RoI went live yesterday.

To make comparison easier, please mention B/P/E values with the current settings:
    - level 65 toon
    - conservation stance
    - shield mastery up
    - wall of steel up
    - your tanking weapons
    - no captain or minstrel buffs

If you feel that you should use more self-buffs to reflect a raid tanking, please mention which buffs you are using. Also please mention if shield-bash buff was active.

For the sake of completeness I will update the thread later with the values for my guard, in block stance or in threat stance with ward up. From memory I would say that I was around 70% summing real B/P/E and partial B/P/E (using a lot of block heavy relics).

Re : Actual 65 B/P/E values on your wardens

So here are the values I have:
    block stance
    B 24.4% full + 12.4% partial / P16.3% full + 8.2% partial / E 5.3% full + 2.3% partial

threat stance
    B 19.6% full + 10% partial / P16.4% full + 8.3% partial / E 5.3% full + 2.3% partial

So the sum for block stance is 46% full and 22.9% partial, which amounts to 68.9% total B/P/E (which is a bit lower than 70% as I said). Threat stance is 41.3% full and 20.6% partial. For a decent comparison with wardens, I should note that my guard is 65 and generally main tank in my kin's raids. I hope that a warden will be kind enough to give his ratings/percentage in answer, thanks !

Re: Actual 65 B/P/E values on your wardens

Too late for me to get you 65 numbers now. We can talk about level 75 numbers soon. I also have a ton of screenshots of b/p/e of guards and wardens at level 75 from beta if you look around.

You need to realize that we can't just trait and give you numbers. We have to actually go out and find a mob to put our buffs up and then screen shot them or record numbers. So it takes a little more work.

So...

No time for love Dr. Jones! I'll get you some numbers when I'm built and at 75 with proper gear...so it will be awhile for me to help you out.

Also note that you won't get partial avoidance absorbs anymore. The mitigation equation has been changed to multiplicative from additive.

Quote Originally Posted by Graalx2 View Post
    Partial mitigation will no longer add to regular mitigation. Instead it will be multiplicative. 100 damage 60% mitigation + 50% partial mitigation = 100*(1-.6)*(1-.5) = 20 damage.

The reason behind this change is to prevent players from becoming immune to monsters with the increased mitigation and BPE rates available in Isengard.

The reason this isn't in the patch notes is that it would cause more confusion than clarification. Many players assume that is the way it always worked. Only those really into the math knew that partial mitigation was additive. I felt that a forum post in the Guardian or Warden forum would get out the knowledge for those who are interested.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019caef/signature.png]Nerves[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    Also note that you won't get partial avoidance absorbs anymore. The mitigation equation has been changed to multiplicative from additive.
    I know, I *started* that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    Too late for me to get you 65 numbers now. We can talk about level 75 numbers soon. I also have a ton of screenshots of b/p/e of guards and wardens at level 75 from beta if you look around.
    I did look around, but I was more interested in how your current setting translated into the new system. When level 75 the items will be different, the compromises will be different, so that comparison might be a bit different.

You need to realize that we can't just trait and give you numbers. We have to actually go out and find a mob to put our buffs up and then screen shot them or record numbers. So it takes a little more work.
    And... that's what I did to get the ward buff.

No time for love Dr. Jones! I'll get you some numbers when I'm built and at 75 with proper gear...so it will be awhile for me to help you out.
    I won't have proper gear before a few months to say the least, so I am not sure to be able to give you those numbers either.