We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: RoI: Am I missing something, or is Turbine?

Presumably by now the farmers on the French realms have gone on strike and are currently barricading Hobbiton.

I want to thank the guys who have taken the time to do the painstaking research and math comparisons here. I think you've made the point very, very well - the proof hurdle has been accomplished. Now we need to address the next challenge: making sure someone at Turbine sees all this effort.

Unfortunately, because the OP chose a terrible title for this thread, the devs are probably not even bothering to read it. How can we get their attention directed to this matter, hopefully in time to make the upcoming patch-fix later this week (rather than having to wait until December? We probably got beat by the forum downtime, though. This is a post I have been trying to make for a week now.)

Does anybody know which dev handles the crafting code, specifically farming? Can we email or PM him somehow with a link to this thread? What can we do to draw attention to this issue?

The thread title may not have been the most diplomatic way of getting a dev’s attention, but then maybe it wasn’t intended rhetorically. That said, one would hope that any thread that’s at 4 pages and counting would hopefully push a button somewhere.

It can’t have taken the average farmer, even the mathematically challenged, more than 5 minutes to work out that she’d been nerfed by 75%, give or take, that the farming crit mat is specifically counterproductive (if I may borrow a term from Ivan Illich), that the “hearty crop” is a simple but inferior replacement for the “well-tended field” (at a greatly increased price) and that as a consequence farm product prices are set to break inflationary records.

All of which should incline those of a conspiracy-theory bent that the whole point of the exercise is to push cooks to the store. It’s enough to make an honest, liberal capitalist Anglo-Saxon think that the French have a point.

well after looking through tomorrows patch notes i see no mention of them fixing this issue.

*crosses fingers* maybe it will be one of those things that gets fixed but they forget to add to notes.

i sent a PM to Celestra about this issue asking if she could mention this thread to the crafting dev(s)over a week ago.

maybe someone else could send her a PM also about this.

Agree with others. Despite what was said Westfold farming takes MORE TIME.

PLEASE

Allow Westfold farming to produce multiple crops like the previous tiers.

The crop output isn't the only thing wrong with T7 farming, but the cost is much too high as well. When they did the change to make one type of seed for each tier of crafting and got rid of the poor crops, they also reduced seed cost. They seem to have gone back to the old style of expensive seeds for T7, even though it goes against their directly stated desire to reduce farming costs.

Hopefully that gets fixed when the crop output is also fixed. I know I'm refraining from any T7 farming at all, even though my little Hobbit Yeoman is getting anxious. I'll just keep making T6 food, because it's actually cost effective in time/silver.

I'm saddened to see that the concerns we've raised here in this thread have gone unaddressed in this most recent patch. I'm not the least bit surprised - just saddened.

- The prices for Westfold seeds haven't changed and are still 1100% and 5900% more expensive than seeds for all 6 previous tiers.

- The production ratio between crops and cook ingredients is still bugged at the 1:1 ratio. I say "bugged" because on it's own the 1:1 ratio renders everything about Farming in the Crafting Developer Diary untrue and demonstrably false.

Could someone at Turbine please take the time to address our concerns? Is this system working as intended or not? I choose not to believe that Turbine would willfully and wantonly misrepresent it's position in this case. I prefer to believe that it's a bug. Turbine, please prove me right. Or, if you prefer, kindly explain how a four fold increase in time spent farming could "increase harvest yields and improve production efficiency."

Thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Well, FWIW, I had the good fortune to be sitting online reading the forums yesterday when they posted the patch notes, so I got what I hope is a reasonably high-profile mention of our concerns as the OP of this thread here:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ut-RoI-Patch-1

I gave it a hopefully subtle bump this afternoon when another newer patch notes discussion thread threatened to supplant it (since mine had been buried overnight.) I think it's a very safe assumption that the devs are aware of the farming issue at this point, so any silence from them going forward is intentional for one reason or another.

Granted, they may need some time to discuss this internally and come to the realization that something, somewhere, went wrong, but there doesn't seem to be very many players interested in this matter so maybe our chances aren't so good...

I think we just need to keep bugging it every week, and encourage others to do so, too: kin-mates, other farmers we know, and even people you see on the farming fields raising t7 crops.

And if any devs do read this, PLEASE, can you at least confirm or deny that things are WAI for us, so we can move forward knowing where we stand? Thank you in advance.

Smile Re: RoI: Am I missing something, or is Turbine?

Well, now that I just realized the forums are back, back to the issue at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxiana View Post
    I want to thank the guys who have taken the time to do the painstaking research and math comparisons here. I think you've made the point very, very well - the proof hurdle has been accomplished. Now we need to address the next challenge: making sure someone at Turbine sees all this effort.
    This pretty much sums it up. I'm frankly amazed that none of the Turbine staff have responded to this thread yet, especially with all the bug reports, PM's and 4 pages of angry farmers and counting. I don't think we need more attention-getters i.e. bug reports and PM's, they're probably bogged down with all of those anyways.

My petition is essentially the same as the poster above: If any devs read this, please please please give us a few words so that we know that this issue isn't being ignored.

Thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000024d34d/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Llandor View Post
    This pretty much sums it up. I'm frankly amazed that none of the Turbine staff have responded to this thread yet,
    Unfortunately, Turbine very, very rarely responds to issue threads on the forums. They have basically one person (Sapience) who is the official point of contact, and it just isn't enough. So while this may actually be fixed one day, don't expect to ever hear about it being fixed prior to the patch.

I have to agree with ALL the above posters. What we have now is just....gross. A kinmate and I farm and cook (well, he cooks. My Westfold cook is level 46 and so rep gated ) several thousand pieces of food a week for personal use, kin, and sale. It takes me a VERY short amount of time to make enough Shire Apples for us both, and well over double that to make enough barley just for my own pies.

Not only are the T7 fields SO much more expensive, AND time consuming, they require a fair amount of travel. By this, I mean that if I were to want 4k Shire Apples, I would simply make 10 stacks of crops, and port to the 21st hall to be close to a mailbox and a workbench. That way, when my already full inventory filled completely, I could simply mail off the finished product to the cook and keep going. With the Black Barley, the same amount requires 40 stacks instead of 10(not to mention that 4k pies require 8k Black Barley...) so I end up processing some, mailing it, then going back and farming more. Several times over.

I'm unhappy. Every farmer I know(who actually farms) is unhappy. The price of food has risen, but not enough to cover our increased costs. It's like getting a 2% raise when the cost of living goes up by 30%. At the end of the day, I've spent more time in the fields and went home with less profit.

I'd also like to say thank you to those who invested the time into doing the maths. I hate doing maths.

The new "Known Issues" list does not include the farming fiasco, and it was certainly not fixed with the last patch. I really wish there was a way to get some official reaction to this. I have bugged it (the 1:1 ratio) several times in game.

At least they still have those emotes on the list of things to fix...

I started the new tier the other night, and was pleasantly surprised to see that I could process 5 fair leek crops at a time, but was utterly horrified that 1 fair leek crop = 1 bunch of leeks. I have 8 characters that will be getting to 75 in the next couple months, and I figured I would make each one of them a full stack of each resistance soup, like I did for the previous tier. I figured I'd have to farm 800 fair crops of leeks, but now, with this change, I have to farm 3200! This isn't going to happen. I am not wasting that much time for resistance soups. Also, I am not going to waste my time with trail or cooked food at tier 7. My characters will use whatever stores they have and then that's it.

The hearty fields are also awful. They cost way too much for the seeds, and don't give proportional results. I wouldn't mind paying extra for the seeds if they gave proprtional results. 5x the seed cosr must result in 5x the crop yield.

Farming/Cooking was already the longest, most time consuming, mind numbing grind in the game, and now it's even worse. The 1:1 ratio of crops to ingredients must be changed back to 1:4.

Looking for update, has anything changed?

Are all the details in this thread the same, or are there changes to this situation?

Update please

Quote Originally Posted by kris.kringle View Post
    Are all the details in this thread the same, or are there changes to this situation?

Update please
    In what respect? Batch actions?

1-1 ratio instead of 1-4

6-7 crops per planting etc

I have to say the entire thread sounded like a lot of whining. Farming is the absolute easiest trade to do. Farm good are put on AH at high prices, and farmers have in the past had to spend no time at all to make 100 stacks. This is in comparison where you had to spend hours to gather wood / mine ore to work another trade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3