We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Reviewing Virtues and Class Traits..

Just so you know I had some issue's last night and haven't been on with the release much to see the changes or test anything out. I did get some time on the beta however.

My question is this. With the revamp on Zeal and some of the other virtues and with the revamp on how our class traits are, specifically with the masteries. I was curious as to how everyone else is looking at their traits and what they plan on running with.

I currently run a lot of small group runs with some fellow friends and kinnies, I do raid and geting into the larger groups when I have time and there is something going on. Plus I solo a lot. So my current mix works for me so I'm not constantly going back to the bard to retrait.

Currently:

Class -- 5 blue and just changed to two spear traits, but wondering if 2 fist for more threat and extra goad would be a good idea.

Virtues -- (almost all at 12 except Zeal at 9 for now)
    Innocence
    Zeal
    Valour
    Dicispline
    Justice

I'm looking at the changes and wondering if I should swap some of those virtues out for others with the new resistance system.

Thoughts from all my fellow wardens?
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1214289/147492887797582020/"][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001248c4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/URL]
    Eethan -- 100 Warden; Aaidann -- 95 Ministrel; Ccero -- 75 Gaurdian; Jjetaime -- 87 RuneKeeper; Iinold -- 62 Captain; Nnamrak -- 38 Hunter; Ttiloup -- 29 Champion

Re: Reviewing Virtues and Class Traits..

On a side note, we have so much Physical Mit from virtues now, we can free up our pocket slot that was tied down for Physical Mit for some nice items. (MORE VITALITY!!!!!)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000017d8b9/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Croni 85 Champ. Cronii 85 Mini. Navien 85 Warden. Cronodir 85 LM. Cronobo 85 Burglar.

Thats roughly what I use too. Innocence is still nice, Zeal is epic sauce. Other than that I use whatever has nice Physical Mitigation and Tactical Mitigation.

As far as class traits... I use Skill and Power now as my fifth red trait 0_o... I know... I'm scared too

*needs a hug*

I'm seriously loving the 5/2 builds though. Being able to go awesome DPS with the two HoT pulses is awesome.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019bd6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [size=-2]Ghost Bear see problem. Nice peoples looking at Horse mouth. Ghost bear look at Horse belly. Horse make good snack![/size]

Sounds like Tactical Mitigation > Physical Mitigation in a lot of raid situations. Graal explained a little bit of how the mitigations come into play. Basically a melee attack which deals Shadow damage will check against Tactical, NOT Physical mitigation.

Makes me feel better honestly, the discrepancy between Guardian and Warden Physical Mitigation isn't going to matter at all if the damage isn't common. With common damage, we can build for absorbing partial avoidances so it looks like we're in good shape!
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Saw an interesting resist/mitigations build from Aloro here. http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...stances-in-RoI

It swaps out double doses of Morale from Valour and Justice for more resistance and mitigation from Charity and Compassion. Compassion also adds (tertiary) Tactical Mitigation. If Tactical Mitigation is still a concern, consider Fidelity for Tact Mit/Vit/Power or Tolerance for Tact Mit/Agility/ICMR.

I've traited this on my L65 Warden and was impressed with what I saw at first glance. I will report back on actual numbers.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000ad326/01008/signature.png]Hunberht[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchickn View Post
    With common damage, we can build for absorbing partial avoidances so it looks like we're in good shape!
    Well, Graal explained that partials changed for RoI as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Graalx2 View Post
    Partial mitigation will no longer add to regular mitigation. Instead it will be multiplicative. 100 damage 60% mitigation + 50% partial mitigation = 100*(1-.6)*(1-.5) = 20 damage.

The reason behind this change is to prevent players from becoming immune to monsters with the increased mitigation and BPE rates available in Isengard.

The reason this isn't in the patch notes is that it would cause more confusion than clarification. Many players assume that is the way it always worked. Only those really into the math knew that partial mitigation was additive. I felt that a forum post in the Guardian or Warden forum would get out the knowledge for those who are interested.
    Seems like building for partials is not what it used to be...
    Run Away... Run Away...

((Warning - Player has a severe case of Alt-itis))

Quote Originally Posted by Fleez View Post
    Well, Graal explained that partials changed for RoI as well...

Seems like building for partials is not what it used to be...
    Ah cool thanks for the heads up. Either way, I don't think the gap will be that big unless it is common damage in which case there are a couple different ways to mitigate it. Tactical damage mitigation will be much closer between the two classes I think, with the slight edge probably going to Guards because of the updated Ward.
    [center]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

I switched to Charity/Compassion/Innocence/Zeal/Fidelity. Fidelity is my lowest at 8, with everything else being 11 or 12. I think it's my 'get the most grindy stuff out of the way first' attitude. I hate it, it's got to be done, so I do it and then repress the memory (except the funky feather hat I got raiding an orc camp in Angmar during the 'kill 450' deed - still wear that. After the mega-grindy is over with, I go out and explore places.

Also remember that if you drop Valour (or whatever your morale-boosting virtue is), you'll get a +312 morale boost from Zeal now.

Do have Discipline at 11 or 12, and will be building up Tolerance as well. I may try switching in Discipline instead of Fidelity for landscape mobs. And yes, you can miss the first pulse of a DOT and still get subsequent pulses.

If you have any resistance soups, mouse over the tooltip. Laugh. Unless they've changed it - I had the dumb luck to be one of the people to first log in. 1000 Resistance +2 Fear Resistance (or whatever type) is what they were reading. LOL

As to how well the resists work with this build? Grey stuff is still giving me cripple wounds. Also, what's with the lack of crit defence? In my kin anyway we were all equal - neither guards nor wardens had any to speak of - I just happened to luck out on a shield and end up with a number more than 300 (and that's temporary, I know).

Quote Originally Posted by Regero View Post
    I'm seriously loving the 5/2 builds though. Being able to go awesome DPS with the two HoT pulses is awesome.
    Nonono, this is wrong.
    Go Skillful blocking and Efficient shieldwork for continuously awesome DPS. Why would you stop to heal ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2121f0000000eaf5b/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Aeronth View Post
    Nonono, this is wrong.
    Go Skillful blocking and Efficient shieldwork for continuously awesome DPS. Why would you stop to heal ?
    This... is a decent point. Though I've been going Fist Mastery and War-cry fear, I think I'll swap to Fist Mastery + Skillful Blocks (until I get the Deft Strike Potency unlocked).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d51ed/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeronth View Post
    Nonono, this is wrong.
    Seven reds for me.

Quote Originally Posted by horus418 View Post
    Seven reds for me.
    Same. Gonna throw Ambush Crit legacy on my weapon for the moors as well with Skill and Power slotted
    [center]
    [/center]

Of course seven reds is the best option when farming weaker mobs. I meant that these "passive" blue traits (not affecting gambits) are better if some block rating (Skillful blocking + 2-set) is needed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2121f0000000eaf5b/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchickn View Post
    Same. Gonna throw Ambush Crit legacy on my weapon for the moors as well with Skill and Power slotted
    Find weakness too for ones that still use CStrike in the moors... Damn, it'll be hard to choose 6 legacies this time..

Btw, new Skill and Power is unbealiavebly OP. It's almost good as it was before RoI. (lol)
    Last edited by Esegar; Sep 28 2011 at 07:28 AM. Reason: quoting

F: Esegar (Arkenstone, formerly Meneldor)
    C: Tocu, Seroxat, Tylerdurdenn (Arkenstone) Alberigo, Flamenguista, Parasect (Crickhollow)

I first thought that Skill and Power only reduced the Shield-piercer cooldown. As such, I didn't even look at it when RoI launched. Then I read this thread, was all like "What? It's not OP, it's still kinda lame!" So seeking to prove you wrong, I went in-game, read the trait, and promptly equipped it. Yowzah.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d51ed/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It really is an exciting time, isn't it?
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Fancy, seven reds it is. If i remember to use never surrender and ignore hots I should be good. Time to hit the bard.

I'm in. 7 reds.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Not to be a downer, but I miss JoDF not being in my full dps build.

Ambush crit magnitude ftw!
    [center]
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    It really is an exciting time, isn't it?
    Checked out the moors today and saw wargs hitting 12k morale, makes me wonder how far we'll go in that department.

F: Esegar (Arkenstone, formerly Meneldor)
    C: Tocu, Seroxat, Tylerdurdenn (Arkenstone) Alberigo, Flamenguista, Parasect (Crickhollow)

Quote Originally Posted by Esegar View Post
    Checked out the moors today and saw wargs hitting 12k morale, makes me wonder how far we'll go in that department.
    The raid-set armor alone has 732 Vitality on it, not counting bonus morale. We will overtop the Wargs by a significant margin, unbuffed.