We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Race Through Middle Earth to be held on Saturday 1st October

Join the Race Through Middle Earth to be held on Saturday 1st October, brought to you by the Khazad Union Kinship. Ride, run and swim your way through Ered Luin, The Shire, Bree-Lands, Evendim and The Lonelands. The race starts at Frerin's Court (in front of Thorin's Hall) at 0600 GMT this Saturday. BIG PRIZES FOR THE BIGGEST RACE EVER IN MIDDLE EARTH!

The Race organiser is Thuradreth, feel free to contact him in-game if you have any questions or ask here.
    Last edited by Egrib; Sep 26 2011 at 03:32 PM.

Re: Race Through Middle Earth to be held on Saturday 1st October

Yep, I am Thuradreth! My alt, please contact me for more information or contact Khazad Union. Also, www.khazadunion.webs.com for more info

Just a word regarding advertising this race. It was submitted for the Calendar but nothing has appeared yet (Thursday), of course I will try to contact Community Support but I cannot help thinking it will take a while to get this thing to show. Please, please, please tell your friends and Kinship Members. Other than posting here and shouting about it in-game advertising is hard, it would be a shame if we had to keep the prizes rather than give them away

My suggestion is to postpone the race until the leveling craze goes off. Nobody will spend hours riding a horse when their chars beg for leveling. And I suggest u do the same. After the Isengard rush is over and things go back to normal I assure you there will be more interest. And then we can actually make maybe a joint hosting by more kins so the work doesnt fall on one single character. As ive said before Legends of the Rohirrim is interested into helping out in such an event but the timing is not suitable. So vault the prizes and enjoy the new content by winter we should have leveled up all our old and dusty alts and be ready for some fun in the countryside

The race is going ahead. We gave thought to the fact that for some this will be a levelling weekend etc. Please remember that most players do not have the new Expansion and have not reached level 65. For those who want to play ROI please bear in mind that the race will not take up a lot of your time and might even be a fun break for you, the new parts of the game will still be waiting for you after you finish and for many months or years ahead.

Just some information. We have a long list of Kinships ready to join in so should be more than a few people at the race. Time to buy a rep horse and get your swimming trunks out of the cupboard

See you at Frerin's Court
    Last edited by Egrib; Oct 01 2011 at 05:02 AM.