We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Secret of Steel - Rnk 10 Raiding Kin - Vilya Server seeking new blood!

Hey LOTRO players! Thank you for stopping by our recruitment thread!

We are Secret of Steel, a Rank 10 active raiding kinship, that is looking for fellow raiders with experience and players that wish to learn how to raid! Currently, we have Draigoch T1 and T2 on farm status and run 12 man Skirmish raids as well as Helegrod - with all wings on farm status!
    Also, we run the Rift, Ost Dunhoth and Dar Nargubund with an occassional Watcher run too!

At this time we raid 3x (sometimes more) per week. We utilize Ventrillo as our main form of in game communication, and in addition to this, we also provide our members with the necessary items such as food and potions to our raiders.

Secret of Steel is a dynamic and friendly kin with focus on downing content and having fun with each other in the process. Those who have grouped with us in raids and instances can certainly attest to the fun loving kind of family we are. We welcome new players with open arms and offer training to those who might be interested in joining a raiding kinship for the first time.

Upon joining us, one will find membership empowerment as we have many officers in place to lead and guide each member.

If this sounds like the type of kinship you have been looking for, we invite you to come check us out! Please visit http://steel.pwninternetgaming.com/e....php?id=recemb and complete an application for recruitment to the kinship.

Please note we have a strict policy on recruitment that lasts 30 days. We do not seek to admit into our family, those who would be abusive to members, leaders, officers or the general good nature of the kinship.

Feel free to speak to any of our officers for more information – Mabeleine, Cassiope, Slaeby, Lokiodin, Sittingbull, Vanya and Saqqara!

Kind regards and we hope to hear from you soon!

Mabeleine
    Leader, Secret of Steel
    www.secretofsteel.org
    Last edited by ChumpyLumpy; Nov 10 2011 at 02:55 PM.

Re: Secret of Steel - Rnk 10 Raiding Kin - Vilya Server seeking new blood!

bump bump, bump bump.

and more bumps

bumpity bump bump.

Friendly bump.

Many known and respected players dwell within this Kinship.

./bow

Quote Originally Posted by relb View Post
    Friendly bump.

./bow
    Thanks so much!!

./deepbow

Draigoch T1 and T2 now on farm! Good job Secret of Steel!

Quote Originally Posted by relb View Post
    Friendly bump.

./bow
    There are definitely some great players and awesome people in this kin.

It's a shame the kin leader has a dictator complex and talks to everyone like they are children.

Full discloruse: yes, I was in SoS and yes, I was booted. I was called out in kin chat so I voiced my opinion in kin chat and yes it was over nothing. I didn't agree with a raiding policy but accepted it would mean I would not be able to raid in the short term. Anyway, it was all pretty lame but I didn't bow down and say yes sir so I got booted.

Cuthgar,

I must say that you are the exception, not the rule, when it comes to being a member of Secret of Steel. You simply made a choice to not participate in how Secret of Steel conducts raid sign-ups and alienated yourself from the rest of the kin with your attitude and comments towards others - both of which affected the morale and spirit of Secret of Steel members and officers.

Again, this is why you were booted; for the aforementioned. The sad thing is, you are a great player with a ton of skill at what you do; but dude, your attitude stinks.

Mabeleine
    Leader, Secret of Steel

I would never regret to join Secret of Steel, people is amazing and running raids with you guys is not just learning about instances, it is to share and laugh with awesome people
    Love you!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000018316f/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Meliaan, Luthieen, Tilionn, Liia. Any doubt? I'm a Tolkien fan.

Secret of Steel has had a change in Leadership.

Mabeleine is no longer the kin leader and as such we have fully reset our leadership and refocused our efforts into some amazing changes.

We now offer a training department unlike any kin on the server, we help you design your builds, create wish lists for gear and then we schedule runs to get you that gear. We are expanding our recruitment efforts and are revamping our raiding schedule. these are exciting times for SoS and we believe our direction and plan of attack are exceptional.

visit www.secretofsteel.org to apply today and check out the new direction for yourselves.

-Loki the Black, Wizard of Mirkwood - Successor SoS

I want to built on what Loki just mentioned with my personal experience.

I joined Secret of Steel recently, and have already had multiple members with raiding toons in my class help me with gear, trait and LI advice, crafting me a new LI, doing all that they could to help me built up my character.

Then, on my first raid nights with Secret of Steel, the details of each fight were patiently explained to me, I had some backup on my role in the fights so I could learn with a bit less pressure, with calm leadership and some good laughs along the way. End result - successfully getting through new content I'd been eying for weeks for the first time and having a blast in the process.

In short, I've had a great experience with SoS so far, and encourage anyone with an interest in putting forth the effort to learn their class cold and take their game to the next level to check this kin out.

Plus, you might get a chance to hear Mel showing off her karaoke skills in Vent.....

-Megaran
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000237c76/signature.png]Megaren[/charsig]

Wow Mega,

I am humbled by your description of your experience and I am so pleased to hear an honest account of real tangible differences our new approach has tried to create.

That is the vision and hopefuly more recruits want what you have experienced. I recieve the greatest joy when a player succeeds at their goals, learns and grows all at the same time.

You have become a far greater mini in under 2 weeks then either of us thought at the time, and that has as much to do with your talent as our focus and Hal's leadership, the beautiful thing is they are now lined up as one purpose, and this is just the begining...

- Loki the Black, Wizard of Mirkwood - Successor SoS

Quote Originally Posted by Megandir View Post
    Plus, you might get a chance to hear Mel showing off her karaoke skills in Vent.....
    With her gorgeous Southern Hemisphere Chiliean accent too!

*seriously Mel is a HUGE selling point, just see her avatar 3 posts up and you'll SEE why*

Loki the Black, Wizard of Mirkwood - Successor SoS

SoS is still looking for more raiders,

We are proud to announce that we have a brand new raid schedule with 5 nights a week scheduled, they include skirm raids tailored to what items you need per our training department, deeding nights, Tower T1 and T2, weekly Draigoch raid, weekly Helegrod raids and more!

With our new training department in full swing are raids are now "smart" and will be used as tools to achieve the build you want to play your class in the manner in which you choose.

Check us out at www.secretofsteel.org to see for yourselves and feel free to fill out an application!

Loki the Black - Successor SoS

I love you guys!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000018316f/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Meliaan, Luthieen, Tilionn, Liia. Any doubt? I'm a Tolkien fan.