We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

No more bleed removal

"Mighty Blow" and "Unerring Strike" will no longer remove bleeds. Instead, they will deal extra damage while the bleeds are active.
    This is making things look slightly better for us DPS wise. Any word on whether the extra damage has been changed to match weapon type?

Re: No more bleed removal

you will soon be able to find out

Quote Originally Posted by tikt View Post
    This is making things look slightly better for us DPS wise. Any word on whether the extra damage has been changed to match weapon type?
    I'm hoping this fix is what this Warden Patch-notes bullet is:
    • Bleed removals should now play better with damage types.
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Updat...gard,_Official

My DPS at level 66 feels pretty decent. I couldn't really tell in beta b/c I auto leveled.

Bleed "removal" (as it is still called in the combat log) is so awesome! 400-500+ damage at only level 65 for every application of a bleed after the initial Power Attack. Simply awesome! I'm rolling through these mobs faster than a hot knife through better, very pleased with the damage output. Plugins seem to be causing crashes so I haven't been able to see if these removals can crit, but I CAN CONFIRM they do common damage which is a slight bummer.

Power still a problem (when not going slowly like I would in a longer fight) so still not viable for DPS in instances, but I could already put out 450 sustained DPS pretty much indefinitely pre-ROI, this bleed thing will REALLY boost that. I haven't even messed with potency yet, but DPS numbers are going to look very good at 75. Not top tier of course, but I don't think anyone will even be able to joke about Warden DPS as they have for the past couple years.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Well this sounds promising Really exited to log in tonight and check all the changes

Btw can u use power attack first (first bleed) and then either of the MB or US to get a 4-500 bleed tick or does it increase if you do MB first and then US?

Just a one time damage boost is applied when MB is used with the PA bleed present, or US is used with the MB bleed present. I had hoped PA would apply bonus damage if the Jav Toss bleed is active but it will not. Only US and MB will apply bonus damage if MB and PA are present, respectively.

With a spear you can now have 5 bleeds ticking.
    [center]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Nice to hear that Glorno, but can you get like the bonus using US when you have PA, or get the MB bonus when having US? If not, means we'll have to always follow the order for full DPS, right? (that includes repeating the gambit if you miss it)

Before RoI I pretty much ignored Power Attack when PvPing, cause the bleed had such a low output. When playing DPS on instances I already followed that order so it's a big win for me.

Keep us updated on the changed guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Esegar View Post
    Nice to hear that Glorno, but can you get like the bonus using US when you have PA, or get the MB bonus when having US? If not, means we'll have to always follow the order for full DPS, right? (that includes repeating the gambit if you miss it)

Before RoI I pretty much ignored Power Attack when PvPing, cause the bleed had such a low output. When playing DPS on instances I already followed that order so it's a big win for me.

Keep us updated on the changed guys!
    US only works with MB, MB only works with PA and Jav Toss bleed.

DPS changes are fantastic IMO. Potency/Battle Memory is pretty awesome.

Another tricky is that due to the bleed not removing you can re-do the same attack with that same active bleed.
    Not sure how efficient it is but playing around with it and BatMem and just working with quick burst damage, you would:
    hit with PA (Spear, [Shield/Fist]),
    then spear/spear (I use spear, [spear/fist] no wait for the cd, don't need that mastery in this situation, and don't have it traited)
    Become potent, Hit MB with 2 click mastery, +Bleed Removal
    pop MB again from BatMem, +Bleed Removal
    then Spear, [Shield/Spear], for Onslaught.
    Its a pretty nice damage burst in a really short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by horus418 View Post
    US only works with MB, MB only works with PA and Jav Toss bleed.

DPS changes are fantastic IMO. Potency/Battle Memory is pretty awesome.
    I could be wrong, since I wasn't using Combat Analysis as plugins seem to cause crashes for me right now, but I don't think Jav Toss is a part of the bleed boost in damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Of_Ironbeard View Post
    Another tricky is that due to the bleed not removing you can re-do the same attack with that same active bleed.
    Not sure how efficient it is but playing around with it and BatMem and just working with quick burst damage, you would:
    hit with PA (Spear, [Shield/Fist]),
    then spear/spear (I use spear, [spear/fist] no wait for the cd, don't need that mastery in this situation, and don't have it traited)
    Become potent, Hit MB with 2 click mastery, +Bleed Removal
    pop MB again from BatMem, +Bleed Removal
    then Spear, [Shield/Spear], for Onslaught.
    Its a pretty nice damage burst in a really short period of time.
    Great point I hadn't thought of that
    [center]
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchickn View Post
    I could be wrong, since I wasn't using Combat Analysis as plugins seem to cause crashes for me right now, but I don't think Jav Toss is a part of the bleed boost in damage.
    No, you are right. It was very late last night when I though I noticed it. I may have been hallucinating.

What are people referring to when they say "Bleed Removal" ? Did they make it so bleeds have infinite timers?! Do we have an ability to 'remove' bleeds ? I don't understand ... and haven't had a chance to play since the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithbringer View Post
    What are people referring to when they say "Bleed Removal" ? Did they make it so bleeds have infinite timers?! Do we have an ability to 'remove' bleeds ? I don't understand ... and haven't had a chance to play since the update.
    Originally, if you applied a higher tier bleed, the lower tier bleed would disappear , and you'd get a shot of damage all at once. This has been changed in favor of simply adding a bonus when you apply a bleed with a lower tier bleed present.

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    Originally, if you applied a higher tier bleed, the lower tier bleed would disappear , and you'd get a shot of damage all at once. This has been changed in favor of simply adding a bonus when you apply a bleed with a lower tier bleed present.
    Got it.. thanks, Geo.

From my experience leveling I am loving the bleed changes. As I am at 67 currently (stupid real life messing up my game time!) I have not acquired Improved Deft Strike yet so i do not include Battle memory into my dps rotation (goad takes so much time without the mastery trait). Currently with mostly quest reward melee dps yellow gear (might 780 and 7880 melee offense) and a second age 65 sword I am finishing mobs off faster than any other class i have ran with to date. And to top it off... IT IS SO MUCH FUN! Changes the feel of dpsing as a warden for me. 1... 2... 3... BOOM and all that :P

-a happy warden
    Beleag, Warden - Saelmundi, Rune-keeper - Nimerdale, Champion - Haldoun, Captain

All I know is that I am tearing through mobs like crazy. I haven't felt this OP since Moria was first released. At 65 I was critting for over 2000 consistently on level 66 mobs. *BOOM*