We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 106 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Rise of Isengard Update/Patching Discussion - OFFICIAL

SWEET has turbine got some new toys?
    Last edited by Sapience; Sep 26 2011 at 12:34 PM.

Re: only a 3 hour update?

Quote Originally Posted by bfub467 View Post
    SWEET has turbine got some new toys?
    Well, they usually turn the patch server on first. It might still be hours until the Worlds themselves gets back online, but I guess we'll have to wait and see
    Hir i Meigol Bruinen/High Council Member of the EoI/Of the Exiles of the Hidden City/Meigol Bruinen, Uncle Seregnin's Misguided Children, Curse the name of Maeglin, the Treacherous Villain, forever, may he rot in the Halls of Mandos for all time....
    Player Councillor. http://www.swtor.com/r/XWNQXP is my refer-a-friend link for SWTOR.

Stuck on "examine programs"

No idea if this is because of the patch, but i just downloaded something with the launcher (assuming the patch?) and now my launcher is stuck on "examine programs".

Read a bit about it, and i'm assuming it's because of the servers being down atm?

Re: Stuck on "examine programs"

I haven't downloaded anything, but I'm stuck at examining program too. Hopefully they'll let us patch up soon.

I think its lag.

It happened to me, I restarted the client and it worked.
    but now I'm stuck on the "examine game data".

Yep I am stuck in the same step too
    Aleatar (HNT) Altuntun (MNS) Alearwyn (CPT) Aleawen (WRD) Alearelda (BRG) Aleariel (RK) Alearan (LM) Aleathelion (GRD)
    Alturrorz (WRG) Espinete (RVR) Don Pinpon (DFR) Alealuk (BA) Alamuete (WL) Farruquita (WVR)

if i'm not mistaken Servers are still offline, so that might be the case you are stuck on examine programs
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B]-Faustino Hasharin-
    [/B][/COLOR][SIZE=2][I][B][COLOR=#800080]The House of Midnight[/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000000e67d0/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I have the same problem. I was looking for the world status page to see if all the worlds are still down, but I can't find that either!

If all worlds are still down I bet that is the problem but...

Quote Originally Posted by DuroNL View Post
    if i'm not mistaken Servers are still offline, so that might be the case you are stuck on examine programs
    They should already be able to let us download the patch tho.
    With the amount of people going to download it, you can count on it taking a long long time to download.

Are you already patching so? My client is "stuck" in the "Examine Programs" status... EU player here.

Yeah, login server is offline so it can't proceed. As to downloading something first, I did as well... it was Microsoft Visual C++ somethingorother that installed. Probably an updated version used by the expansion and included as required software, those that didn't get an update probably already had the latest version of Visual C++ from somewhere (another program or Windows Update).

Been updating for past 20+ mins.

Update Game Data: (passed preloaded stage) now at 11% 1011/6200)

It also worked better at update game data after I restarted the client.

One of the previous downloads was a LOTRO.exe update, so figured to restart.

I doubt it was that, it looked like an actual patch. Last time i logged in was last wednesday. Launched today and got something that had 6400 files or so? Took a while (even with 5-6mb/s download speed) to download.

Where did you get that info from? I don't see any update in announcements nor in the patcher stating it's only going to be three hours downtime.

Well I computer finished the patch, but cant connect to servers. So it will be a while I suspect.
    On a 2nd note, my 2nd PC is stuck at Examining Programs so it has not progressed in getting updates. Not sure what the story is about hat though.
    Silverlode Server

From what I've seen....

...in days gone by. "Later that day," means "after lunch at the soonest, and maybe not even then."

Patience. Try configuring your user stats and page on this forum. You may find yourself putting your foot through your monitor and going out to walk the dog.
    [center][font=Verdana][color=#BC8F8F][b][I]Meddle not in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger[/I][/b][/color][/font][/center]

They won't allow access to the patch server till they have checked that the live game Works, do you really want to reinstall cause they find a late bug on the live servers and have to roll back till its fixed.

So you are stuck on examine programs as there is no remote version check as we don't have access to it yet.

Forget patching till much later, its 6-7am there currently so they have only just started. This isn't a quick job.

Examining programs has to check your system for all the files that it needs to make sure the launcher will run first, when everyone is trying to log in at the same time this causes the check to be much slower, just be patient it will all work out in the end!

Its 5am......7am EST, 6 to 8 more hrs til its up.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Pinger View Post
    They won't allow access to the patch server till they have checked that the live game Works, do you really want to reinstall cause they find a late bug on the live servers and have to roll back till its fixed.

So you are stuck on examine programs as there is no remote version check as we don't have access to it yet.

Forget patching till much later, its 6-7am there currently so they have only just started. This isn't a quick job.
    Well, mine is patching as we speak, so your point is invalid
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000123cc6/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I am past Examine Programs, updated 17 programs...now stuck at Examine Game Data.

As I remember from the LAST big upgrade, this will be a longish process with several "Waiting" stages along the way. Just run it in the background so that when the updates are available, you will get them as quickly as congestion allows.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000017cb65/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by 0Pinger View Post

"Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

So alot of people have this problem ... what you guys and gals think is going to happen??

final stage at 17%, (downloading, passed preloaded stage) says otherwise, but judging by forums I was one of the first to start patching so probably for many now, its too clogged whilst it does the first few hundred/thousand who started first.

Seem the more likely answer.

Keep the client 'waiting' it will begin for you as soon as the server-cluster can fit you in.

yep.
    my client came to a halt at 9% of actual update.

"Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

Page 1 of 106 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast